InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Call from Izayoi ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 9: Breakfast and a Call from Izayoi
 
 
 
It was the weekend and Inuyasha and Kagome didn't have any classes. Kagome had gotten up early, as usual and Inuyasha was still sleeping with the girl of the night, Megumi or something like that.. Kagome rolled out of bed wearing pajama pants and a wife beater, her hair tied in a high ponytail. She decided to make breakfast, a real big breakfast.
 
After an hour and a half of slaving over a hot stove Kagome put all the food out on the table. Inuyasha sniffed the air his mind still groggy, `Food.' He gently nudged the girl next to him kissing her softly on the neck.
 
“ It's early.” Megumi whined her eyes still half closed.
 
“ Fine, I'm gonna eat.” Inuyasha said pulling on a pair of boxers he took out of his closet. He walked out of the room to see Kagome lying comfortably on the couch watching tv.
 
“ Good morning sleepy head.” Kagome smiled and he grunted in response scratching his head. “ There's bacon, toast, scrambled eggs, rice and ramen of course.” Inuyasha was suddenly awake and beaming. Within seconds he was scarfing down all the ramen and most of the rest of the food.
 
“ Did you eat?” Inuyasha asked his cheeks packed with food. She giggled thinking he resembled a giant squirrel.
 
“ Yea, save some though. Your lady friend might be hungry.” Megumi walked out yawning and was wearing one of Inuyasha's shirts. Megumi smiled to Kagome. “ I made plenty of food, help yourself.”
 
“ Thanks.” Megumi said taking a seat next to Inuyasha and started eating. Kagome felt the urge to growl when she saw Megumi walking into the room, wearing one of Inuyasha's shirts no less. Damn all those girls who came to see Inuyasha. She said a silent prayer for forgiveness after she pictured herself ripping out Megumi's hair, punching her in the face then throwing her out the door. Inuyasha could smell the slight anger in Kagome's scent, he'd have to ask her what upset her later. It'd been happening a lot lately.
 
“ How long you been up?” Inuyasha asked as he washed his and Megumi's plates and utensils.
 
“ Maybe two hours now.” Kagome looked up at the wall clock. “Mmhmm two hours.” Megumi looked over to the microwave to catch the time and squeaked.
 
“ Aw shit! I have work in half an hour.” Megumi ran into Inuyasha's room and threw on her clothes quickly. “Bye baby.” Megumi said giving Inuyasha a quick peck on the cheek, smiled to Kagome and ran out the door.
 
`There's that anger in Kagome's scent again.' Thought Inuyasha as he shut off the sink. He nudged Kagome with his foot and she moved her legs so that he could sit down. He opened his mouth to speak but Kagome interrupted.
 
“ Let's do something today.”
 
“ Like what?” Asked Inuyasha. Kagome paused thinking of things to do.
 
“ At some point I want to go shopping, get my hair trimmed, maybe rent some chick flicks, ohh I really wanted to check out this new furniture store, get a manicure and pedicure...”
 
RINNG! RINNG! RINNG!
 
“Hello?” Kagome picked up the phone. Inuyasha sighed with relief, Kagome was planning a lot of girly things.
 
“ Hi,” It was the voice of an unknown older woman..
 
`Please tell me it's not another one of Inuyasha's `friends. That would just be wrong…' Thought Kagome shuddering.
 
“ This is Izayoi Takahashi.. Inuyasha's mother.” Kagome choked a little bit, why.. she didn't know. Maybe it was just because she was worried about making a bad first impressing.
 
“ I-I'm Kagome..” `Darn it.. I stuttered.' Kagome mentally cursed herself.
 
“ Oh you must be Inuyasha's new roommate. My dear son hasn't called me in ages and I miss him dearly.” Kagome elbowed Inuyasha who huffed out a loud `oof'.
 
“ The lazy bum…I'll be sure to make him call you more often.” Inuyasha's mother laughed softly.
 
“ That would be wonderful.. Can I talk to him?”
 
“ Of course.” Kagome handed the phone to Inuyasha who mouthed `Who is it?' Kagome smirked and whispered. “Your mother.” Inuyasha groaned a little bit before putting the phone to his ear.
 
“ Hi Mom.” He shot Kagome an icy glare as she giggled in the background.
 
“ Hello my baby boy..” Inuyasha sighed heavily, he was the baby of the family.
 
“ Mom…” Izayoi laughed a little bit.
 
“ I'm only kidding Inuyasha. I know how you hate it when I call you that. But why haven't you called?” Inuyasha's ears flattened against his head.
 
“ Been busy.. Sorry.” He grumbled.
 
“ Well come home for dinner tonight. Bring your roommate! She sounds absolutely delightful. Sesshoumaru will be here too.” Inuyasha groaned loudly.
 
“ But Mom we have plans.” Kagome could hear the conversation and yelled so that Izayoi could hear.
 
“ But we'll cancel them Takahashi-sama!” Inuyasha glared at Kagome.
 
“ I like her. I'll see you soon. Bye son.” Izayoi said before hanging up. Inuyasha growled and began tickling Kagome relentlessly.
 
“ Inuyasha hahaha stop! I hahaha can't ha breath!” Kagome grabbed him by the nose painfully and Inuyasha released.
 
“ Feh.. That hurt wench!” Inuyasha rubbed his nose.
 
“ You tickled me.”
 
“ Because you told my mother we were going to there for dinner.” Kagome sighed a little bit sadly.
 
“ We don't have to go.” She pouted pathetically, `Come on fall for it Inuyasha.' Inuyasha felt his will disappear he couldn't have her sad, it made him sad.
 
“ Fine we'll go.” Inuyasha said sounding defeated.
 
“ We don't have to go if you don't want to. It's your family after all.” Kagome stood up to go into her room trying to make herself look absolutely pathetic.
 
“ No we'll go and we're going shopping before we leave. C'mon… get dressed.” Inuyasha smiled to Kagome who was smiling brightly now.
 
“ You're a real prince you know that?” Kagome ran into her room laughing inside. ` Hah he fell for it!'
 
` Hah! She thinks I fell for that bullshit.' Inuyasha chuckled walking energetically into his room.
 
 
 
 
“ Oh my God!! You're going to the Takahashi mansion?!” Sango yelled into the phone at Kagome.
 
“ Sango settle down.” She giggled. “ It's just a house. We're just going for dinner.”
 
“ I've seen their houses in magazines.. It's amazing. Miroku said he went there once. Absolutely LOVED it.” Sango stated in a stately tone. “ Take pictures. I hear Inuyasha has a brother. And from what I saw in a tabloid before.. he's GORGEOUS.” Kagome shook her head.
 
“ Your boyfriend is definitely rubbing off on you.” Sango coughed with embarrassment.
 
“ Hey, can't help it.. I live with the perv.. But yea take pictures and call me when you get back. We'll get coffee. Bye Kagome!” Sango said cheerily.
 
“ Bye.” Kagome hung up the phone giggling. Inuyasha walked into the living room as Kagome was laughing.
 
“ What's so funny?” He asked thinking it had something to do with him. He looked at his attire.. `Heh can't be something with me.. I look good.'
 
“ Well Sango just told me your brother is an absolute stud.” Kagome smirked as she made sure she had everything she'd need in her bag.. Keys, lotion, perfume, eyeliner, gum and a Band-Aid.
 
“ Psh, the guy's a dick.” Inuyasha folded his arms with annoyance.
 
“ Because he's apparently hot?” Kagome giggled sticking her tongue out at the hanyou she'd grown fond of.
 
“ I can run circles around him..” Inuyasha stated arrogantly smirking to the girl then licking his lips. Kagome's heartbeat quickened, her eyes were drawn to his lips and fangs, which were peeking at her as he smirked.
 
“ Really now..” Kagome's voice was soft and almost seductive. Her tone called him towards her.
 
“ Y-yea.” Inuyasha breathed, his voice raspy and low. He took a step towards her.
 
“ Inuyasha…” Kagome whispered a mischievous look in her chocolate eyes.
 
“ Hmm?” Inuyasha didn't trust himself to try and make a coherent sentence.
 
“ Let's go to…” Inuyasha's heartbeat began beating speedily. “ the mall!” She squealed happily. Inuyasha sighed heavily.
 
“ You're an evil girl.”
 
“ Yea yea and you're an arrogant hanyou.”