InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Picks up a couple seconds before Kagome gets slammed into the wall.. hehe just to let y'all know.. eww.. y'all isn't even a word.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome will get together eventually.. I swear it.
 
Chapter 8
 
 
Kagome whistled an upbeat tune as she opened up the door shutting it behind her. The sound of the party inside could still be heard, `Wow they're loud.' The hair on the back of her neck suddenly prickled.. Something was going to happen…She could feel it.
 
Kagome felt herself being slammed against the wall by an unseen force. She looked up and her eyes widened to see her attacker.. Kouga. He was obviously drunk and reeked strongly of alcohol.
 
“Kouga, n-no.. don't.” Kagome stammered fearfully, she hadn't even seen him at the party.. Obviously he had seen her. His fingertips dug into the flesh of her arms as he tightened his hold on her forcing his lips against her neck.
 
“You don't know what you're saying.. You're drunk.” Kouga insisted his words slurring slightly. His eyes flashed with dark lust.
 
“ I don't drink.” Kagome whispered her voice frantic but quiet. In an instant one of his hands gripped her throat cutting off her air. She clawed at his hand before he released her throat.
 
“ You want this.” He snarled adamantly.
 
“ I'll scream.” She threatened, her voice quavering in terror. He leaned his face against hers their foreheads touching. The scent of the alcohol he was breathing against her encircling her, suffocating her.
 
“Do and I'll hit you baby. Now don't make me bruise that pretty little face of yours.” His hands reached down and slid up her thighs slowly. Her eyes snapped shut as his hands began getting closer to its destination.
 
“ No.” She tried pushing him away. He grabbed her chin holding her to face him in the process smacking the back of her head against the wall. Stars swirled in her vision as he whispered dangerously.
 
“ I can make this very unpleasant for you if you keep fighting.” She was pressed against the wall without an escape route.
 
`This is it.' Kagome thought fearfully. In the dim hallway lights it would be easy to assume that she and Kouga were a couple, there was no hope.
 
She shut her eyes fearfully as he reached up and began to fondle her breasts roughly. She turned away from him to face down the hall. He placed a hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming. She began thrashing and kicking her legs. He grabbed her from behind keeping her arms against her body.
 
Kouga had to stop her from moving his claws were already digging deep into her flawless arms. He pushed her against the wall again and struck her across the face. Kagome's face stung and she stopped kicking. She began whimpering in fear, once he got her into his apartment she would be done for.
 
Back inside at the party Inuyasha sniffed the air lightly, `Where did Kagome go?' The lights in her room and bathroom were off or anywhere in the apartment for that matter. He followed the faint scent of Kagome that went out the front door. Inuyasha looked down the hall seeing Kouga pinning Kagome against the wall. He ran over to Kouga grabbing him around the throat and throwing him down the hall.
 
“ KOUGA!!! YOU FILTHY PIECE OF SHIT!!!” He stalked over to Kouga who was sitting on the ground. Kouga felt his head spinning, he was completely nauseous.. Inuyasha had torn Kouga's expensive shirt in the process of throwing him down the hall.
 
“ You're paying for that half breed. Why don't you go back to your apartment.. Me and my woman have stuff to do.” Kouga growled standing up clumsily. His hand had been over Kagome's throat. She had small bruises around her throat.
 
Inuyasha without a response to Kouga punched him in the stomach sending him flying into a wall. He picked up to carry Kagome who instantly balled up hiding her face in his shirt.
 
“ You all right?” Inuyasha sighed, his heart still beating rapidly at what had just happened. Kagome tugged gently on his shirt to grab his attention.
 
“ Yea just go back to the party. I'm just going to bed.” Kagome muttered looking up at Inuyasha. He growled down to her but didn't respond. They walked into their apartment and Kagome hid herself against Inuyasha.
 
“ Everyone OUT!” Inuyasha hollered loudly. All the noise of the party besides the music stopped. “ NOW!” People began grumbling but were gone in minutes. Inuyasha locked the door behind the last angry fleeting form and set Kagome on the couch.
 
What was there to say? Inuyasha knew what almost happened and it made no sense to ask her about it.
 
“ I'm a complete idiot..” Kagome mumbled fiddling with the remnants of her shirt. “ You told me.. You warned me about him. But I didn't listen.” Her voice was broken but she had no tears in her eyes. She refused to cry. He pulled her to him embracing her tightly.
 
“ It's not your fault. He got drunk at my party. I'm so sorry Kagome. SO SORRY.” Inuyasha growled releasing her a bit. He inspected the scratches on her arms and the growing welt across her face without saying a word. Hiten was in the bathroom and had come out to see everyone gone.
 
“ What happened?” Hiten asking before looking at Kagome who was bathed in the scent of fear.
 
“ That fuckin' piece of worthless shit Kouga tried to rape her out in the hall.” Inuyasha snarled, Hiten cracked his knuckles.
 
“ We gonna beat the shit outta him Yash?” Hiten asked ready to go. Inuyasha nodded with affirmation before standing up.
 
“ Don't beat him up.” Kagome softly murmured to the two livid men. Inuyasha looked at the bruises on her neck and the welt on her face. He looked into her eyes the look of innocence they once held had dimmed a great deal.
 
“ Why the fuck shouldn't I?” But he knew why…
 
“ Just don't…” His eyes softened and he pushed a tuft of her unruly hair behind her ear.
 
“ You sure Kagome? Me and Yash here could easily just go over there and fuck him up.” Kagome shook her head giving Hiten a weary smile. She just wanted this night to be over.
 
“ You're amazing you know that? That shit tries to rape you but still you don't want him to get hurt..” She was filled with so much compassion and forgiveness it was unfathomable to Inuyasha. Hiten could sense the mild sparks between Inuyasha and Kagome. He'd never seen Inuyasha so protective of ANY woman.
 
“ Promise me something Inuyasha.” Kagome turned on the tv as though nothing had happened.
 
“ Anything..”
 
“ Let's never.. ever act like this happened.” Kagome's voice volume and emotion escalated. “ As far as I know this night never happened.” He nodded silently and she rested her head against him flipping through the channels finally setting it on cartoons.
 
“ You got my word Kagome.” Inuyasha said wrapping an arm around her.
 
Kagome turned to Hiten, her voice gaining it's peppy tone again.. “ If you still want to sleep in a bed. You could use mine.. I think I'll sleep out in the living room tonight.”
 
“ I-I don't want to put you out you know.. It's been a rough night for you.” `She's one unique girl..' Thought Hiten he fought the urge to chuckle. If Yash didn't make his move quick some other guy will definitely snatch her up.. He would consider it, but he knew Yash would kick his ass.
 
“ No Hiten it's okay. I just wanna watch a little tv tonight.” Hiten looked at Kagome again. ` Inuyasha is one lucky bastard.' Kagome went over to her bedroom door and bathroom unlocking the door with a quarter from her skirt pocket. Hiten approached the doorway of the bedroom.
 
“ All right.. But if you change your mind just kick me awake and I'll sleep on the couch.” Hiten gave her a reassuring smile. “ Night all.” He said before walking into the bedroom.
 
“ Don't leave me tonight.” Kagome whispered to Inuyasha, her eyes still locked on the tv.
 
 
 
 
 
Morning came quickly and Kagome opened her bleary eyes hoping the previous night was just a terrible nightmare. She felt someone warm next to her noticing the comforter that was wrapped around her wasn't her own. She sat up slowly and looked at the sleeping hanyou next to her. He'd brought her to his room.
 
` He didn't leave me.' She mused. He looked so peaceful as he slept she didn't want to rouse him. She looked down and chuckled to herself, Inuyasha had put one of his shirts over her own to keep her warm. She crawled off of the bed and as she began to tiptoe away she heard soft growling.
 
“ Where are you going?” Inuyasha sat up in the bed. Kagome turned around and smiled faintly at the sleepy hanyou. He had one eye open and his wild hair covering parts of his face.
 
“ Making breakfast for you and Hiten silly!” Kagome giggled, “Or did you forget we had a guest.” She placed her hands on her hips.. Actually he kind of did. He spent half the night making sure that Kagome was still next to him.. safe. “ Go back to bed.. You'll smell when breakfast is ready.. You always do.” She bound out of the room and into the kitchen.
 
Kagome began making breakfast.. Her mind constantly returning to the previous night's events. Kouga.. How could he?.. Why? The doorbell rang and Kagome looked into the peek hole.. It was Kouga. Kagome looked over to Inuyasha's closed door. She opened the front door slowly.
 
“ Why?” Was the first thing from Kagome's lips. Kouga looked like shit. Like HE had a rough night.
 
“ I-I'm sorry Kagome.” He hung his head low in shame. “ I was really drunk.. I.. That doesn't make up for it.. I know it doesn't.”
 
“ Darn right it doesn't..” Kagome whispered loudly to the wolf youkai. She knew if she spoke too loud Inuyasha would come out and probably kill Kouga.
 
“ It took last night to make me realize what I really am.. an alcoholic. Sad to say I've done fucked up shit.. But I never got fucked up enough to almost do what I did last night.” Kagome shook her head sadly.
 
“ Kouga…”
 
“ Please Kagome just hear me out. Nothing I can do will ever make anything that happened better. But I just wanted to say I'm leaving school for a while.. I called up my Pop, he's gonna put me in rehab where I can get help. REAL help.” Kagome sighed.. At least it was something.
 
“ That's good I guess…”
 
“ Please forgive me one day Kagome..” She wasn't sure how to respond… “I know I'm an ass. And it fuckin' eats me alive what I tried to do.. What I almost did..” Kagome closed her eyes a tear falling from between her eyelids.
 
“ Thank God that Inuyasha came when he did.” Kagome whispered softly.
 
“ I know.. My life's been a fuckin' joke until now. I've been an asshole all my life and now I wanna change.. It's scary thinking that I could have lived my entire life like that you know? Being a complete asshole.” He was close to tears, his claws piercing into the palm of his hand. Kagome looked down to the floor then saw the blood trickling from inside his hands. She pulled him into a tense hug.
 
“ Have a good life Kouga.” Kagome pulled away. “ Bye.” She stepped back into the house and shut the door behind her. Silent sobs overtook her shaking her entire body. She ran to her bathroom emptying her entire stomach's contents as she cried. She stopped crying her eyes emptied of it's tears and went back into the kitchen to start breakfast.
 
 
 
Hiten and Inuyasha shoveled food into their mouths hungrily.
 
“ I was so wasted.. I'm surprised I can even eat.” Hiten sputtered his mouth filled with food.
 
“ So can I.. But Kagome's cooking is the shit.” Inuyasha said looking out of the corner of his eye at Kagome who was blushing a little bit. She hopped up onto the kitchen counter.
 
“ You're so full of crud Inuyasha.” Kagome said rolling her eyes. “ He just butters me up thinking if he does that he'll never have to cook.”
 
“ He can't cook.” Hiten laughed before getting hit with a chunk of food in his head.
“ Fuck you!” He growled at Inuyasha.
 
“ You know it's true!”
 
“ Yea.” Inuyasha shrugged. Kagome giggled smiling at the two guys.
 
“ How was the couch?” Hiten asked bringing his plate to the sink to wash it.
 
“ I didn't end up sleeping on the couch.” Kagome said uncomfortably. Hiten smirked.
 
“ Wipe that smirk off your face you hentai.” Inuyasha snarled to his friend. “Like I'm going to let her sleep on the couch by herself when that wolf shit is so close by.” Hiten nodded with agreement.
 
“ That's true. We should give him a nice wake up call by busting into his apartment and fuckin' him up.” Hiten said sitting back down at the kitchen table.
 
“ We could couldn't we.” Inuyasha smirked darkly.
 
“ Could we not have this conversation… Ever.” Kagome said in an annoyed tone. Both nodded and continued eating sitting there quietly.
 
“ Dude your elbow's too close to mine!” Inuyasha grumbled to Hiten pushing him away with his forearm.
 
“ Then move to another chair!” Hiten grumbled back.. Before Kagome knew it the two were wrestling on the floor choking one another but laughing.
 
“ Aww the puppy's getting his butt whooped.” Kagome laughed, Inuyasha made a pouting face. Hiten took Inuyasha's distraction to his advantage grabbing some rice off of the kitchen table and putting a handful in Inuyasha's silver hair. Inuyasha shook looking a great deal like a dog.
 
“ No fair you fuckin' cheater. You can't do that.” Inuyasha growled picking rice out of his hair.. “ Rice blends with my hair.”
 
“ You're such a pussy.” Hiten chuckled approaching Kagome who was leaning on the kitchen counter looking amused. “ So how are you feeling?” Hiten took a look at Kagome's face, Kouga hardly left a scratch on Kagome.
 
“ Better.” Kagome smiled genuinely to Hiten. Honestly she did feel better. Inuyasha was muttering something under his breath as he picked out the last piece of rice from his silver mane.
 
“ She's gotta breathe you know.” Inuyasha said to Hiten who wasn't even standing close to Kagome.
 
“ Hey I know that..” Hiten was laughing inside, he didn't miss the flash of red in the hanyou's eyes when Kagome smiled at him.
 
“ You guys are so…” Kagome giggled crossing her arms.
 
“ Hot?” Hiten cut her off.
 
“ Or amazing?” Inuyasha chuckled as Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“ Immature actually.” Kagome stuck her tongue out at the two before walking out of the room.
 
Sure the light conversation with Inuyasha and Hiten couldn't erase what almost happened last night.. but it made it better.
 
===
A/N: Something like that happened to me.. God that sucked. Laughter does help, doesn't quite make it go away. But it makes it easier to forget. BAH! Enough of this sappy sad stuff. I have a happier chapter next.