InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Chapter 15

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Inuyasha and never will.
 
Chapter 15
 
Kagome awoke to the car wheels screeching to a halt and she felt herself almost fall to the car floor. Groaning she sat up, they were already there. They got out of the car and some of the servants came to get their things out of the car. Kagome walked right past Inuyasha and towards the front door to ring it. It was obvious she was ignoring him.
 
“ Come on. Talk to me.” Inuyasha was nearly begging and hated begging it made him feel like he was a goddamn puppy asking for a biscuit. After sitting in the car with complete silence he decided he ought to make amends. The front door swung open and it was Sesshoumaru, smirking. He'd heard they were fighting before they left town and it was obvious that the two were still fighting.
 
“ Come in.” Sesshoumaru said as he let them into the house. “ How are you Kagome, you seem upset..” Kagome huffed.
 
“ That's an understatement. I'm feeling kind of tired, I had a long night taking care of an inconsiderate ungrateful hanyou. I wanna sleep.” The last statement was not laced with venom like the previous ones but was filled with sadness and resignation.
 
“ I'm sure my parents know what room you're in.” Sesshoumaru placed an arm around Kagome's shoulders and Inuyasha growled. A possessive instinct to protect her flashed in his mind. They walked into the living room where Izayoi sat on the couch resting her head against Inutaisho's shoulder.
 
“We're here.” Inuyasha said in a less than enthusiastic voice.
 
“ `Bout time.” Izayoi beamed, Inutaisho peered over his wife's head to look at the younger people. Kagome was smiling uncomfortably, Sesshoumaru was trying to hide is laugher…Instantly he began chuckling once his eyes fell onto his youngest son.
 
“ Hung over?” Inuyasha had been wearing sunglasses on all day and failed to notice he was STILL wearing them inside the house. Inuyasha growled practically ripping them off his face before groaning. Light still hurt.
 
“ Okay fine I'm hung over.” Inuyasha groaned.. “ Who's coming to this party anyways?” Inuyasha grumbled leaning against a wall.
 
“ Well your Aunt Kaori, Uncle Ryu, the Nakamoto's, the Nishikawa's, the Ono's, the Tanaka's, the Yamada's….”
 
“ Okay okay Mom I get it… There's a lot of people coming.” Inuyasha sighed after she had her list go on for almost a full minute.
 
“ Honey, half of them are already here.” Izayoi giggled.
 
“ Here? Where?” Kagome asked talking for the first time since they got into the house.
 
“ Some are in the guestroom and some are out in the backyard. I hope you don't mind sharing a room.” Izayoi had to stifle the giggle in her throat as Kagome's face contorted into shock.
 
“ W-with a stranger?” Kagome choked out.
 
“ Oh Darling no!” Izayoi assured, “ With Inuyasha of course.” Kagome wrinkled her nose and turned to Sesshoumaru.
 
“ Can I sleep on the couch?” Kagome asked politely.
 
“ We won't have you sleep on the couch.” Inutaisho said shaking his head. “You're getting a bed.. Just finding one is the problem. Maybe Sesshoumaru will share?” Inutaisho winked secretly to Sesshoumaru and Kagome who instantly got his little game.
 
“ Sure,” Sesshoumaru glanced over to Inuyasha who growled loudly.
 
“ Oh no you don't.” Inuyasha snarled to his roommate. “You're not sleeping in his room.”
 
“ Fine, I'll sleep in your room.. I hope you like sleeping on the living room couch!” Kagome huffed hugging Izayoi and Inutaisho storming off into the direction of Inuyasha's room.
 
“ The woman's insufferable!” Inuyasha snarled to his parents.
 
“ Just because she actually fights back?” Inutaisho asked. Inuyasha glared at his father before mumbling something about being hungry and ramen then going towards the kitchen. Inuyasha leaned on the counter as he cooked two bowls of ramen. He put it on a tray carrying it towards his room. Inuyasha sighed inwardly and went into the room. She was lying on the bed reading a book. He shut the door behind him determined to resolve their dispute.
 
“ Here to insult me more?” Kagome asked her eyes still on the book.
 
“ No,” He set the tray of ramen on his table and sat on the bed.
 
“ I took care of your sorry behind after you ditched me at Miroku's party!” Kagome's voice was echoing through the room and hall outside. “ I find you out on the balcony at Miroku's with two random girls… Do you think THEY would have taken care of you once you started yacking?! And you…” She thought back to how he said he loved her.
 
SLAP!!!
 
In a moment Kagome reached up slapping Inuyasha across the face leaving a red welt glowing on his cheek. Inuyasha sat there… completely stunned. He didn't know whether to be in awe for her balls or to be pissed because she just slapped him. Kagome crossed her arms and saw a flash of red in Inuyasha's eyes.
 
“ I. Came. Here. To. Apologize.” He said slowly nursing the welt on his face. “ And to thank you for last night.” He would forgive her of course because it was her.. But for now he was gonna be pissed.
 
“ I-I'm s…” But before she could finish saying sorry Inuyasha had walked out and slammed the door loudly behind him. The other guests had come out of their rooms to eavesdrop on why Inutaisho's youngest son was arguing with an unknown girl.
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome was picking at the food on her plate. She didn't feel like eating. She wasn't hungry she was pissed off and she felt guilty. `Damn emotions.' She thought angrily stabbing a piece of carrot picturing that it was Inuyasha. Inuyasha cringed as he watched Kagome mash the carrot from the corner of his eye. He knew she was picturing he was the mutilated carrot.
 
“ So.. How was the drive?” Izayoi asked smiling brightly taking out a soda for Kagome. Izayoi had insisted that the two college students eat after their long drive.
 
“ The drive was great!” Inuyasha said smiling. It was his mother's birthday.. He had to at least pretend he was happy for her.
 
“ Yea Izayoi-sama.. The drive was peaceful. Quiet and peaceful.” Kagome smiled as well, both had tense and very fake smiles. Inutaisho walked into the kitchen and kissed his wife's cheek.
 
“ Feh.” Inuyasha exhaled sharply.
 
“ So you guys still fighting?” Inutaisho asked bluntly.
 
“ Yea.” Both Inuyasha and Kagome mumbled.
 
“ Do you think you guys'll be over it by tomorrow because this could be damning to the mood of Izayoi's party.” Both sighed heavily.
 
“ Yes Dad.”
 
“ Yes Inutaisho-sama.”
 
“ Good.”
 
 
 
Kagome knocked softly on Inuyasha's door. From inside he knew she was outside the door. Her scent snuck into his room.. Not that he minded he LOVED the way she smelled.
 
“ Come in.” Inuyasha said after thinking whether or not to let her in. Kagome was wearing a bathrobe staring at the floor as she walked in.
 
“ Sorry.” She said immediately. “ You know about slapping you…”
 
“ I'm sorry too.” He mumbled so softly Kagome barely heard it. “ You know about yelling at you when you took care of me the other night.” Kagome sat on his bed and stared at him as he sat at his computer table.
 
“ You would have done it for me.” She said simply. “ So we done fighting?”
 
“ Are we?” Inuyasha asked her smirking.
 
“ Yea.” Kagome smiled looking at Inuyasha.
 
“ Now come to bed.” Inuyasha waggled his eyebrows, Kagome began to blush. “We have separate blankets don't worry. And you're a bitch so I'm assuming you'll wanna snuggle.”
 
“ I'm gonna ignore that.” Kagome said climbing into the bed and turning her back to Inuyasha.