InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Chapter 18

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Sorry about the spelling and grammatical errors.. I never read my chapters after I write them.
 
Disclaimer: Don't own Inuyasha and never will.
 
 
Chapter 18: So This is Love
 
Inuyasha had forgotten about her, had forgotten about Kagome. She stood out on the balcony of Inuyasha's room overlooking the backyard. She looked up the stars with a sadness that felt like it was hurting her physically.
 
` Maybe this is the Kami saying I should have become a miko.. Maybe it's saying I still SHOULD become a miko..' Kagome thought to herself. ` Why does it hurt? We weren't together.. We just kissed. Plenty of people kiss and it means absolutely diddley squat. Maybe..' She shook her head in a futile attempt to clear her mind. She walked into Inuyasha's bedroom walking around in circles.. `So she was in here too. In his bed too. Loved him in a way I could only think about briefly.. without blushing.'
 
She blushed and laughed at her own bashfulness. His pack of cigarettes was sitting on his computer table along with his lighter. She took out a cigarette and took his lighter back out to the balcony. She wondered if she smoked. She lit up the cigarette surprisingly at ease.
 
“ What are you doing out here alone?” Inuyasha asked taking her cigarette and taking a puff.. “ And with a cigarette?!”
 
“ Eh, just trying it.. You can have it.. I don't like it.” Kagome wrinkled her nose. Inuyasha shrugged.. Heh he was not about to waste a perfectly good cigarette. She couldn't stand being out on that same balcony with him.. Especially when she KNEW that she was going to be here any second. She walked casually to the balcony door.
 
“ Where are you going?” Inuyasha asked carefully throwing his cigarette off the balcony. She was upset.. It hit him.. OF COURSE she was upset. He almost punched himself in the gut for being an idiot. Kagome and he kissed and he just invited Kikyou over for drinks. He felt like a fucking piece of shit.
 
“ Inside. It's cold out here.” Her voice was uncharacteristically icy.
 
“ Stay?” He asked. Kagome quietly leaned against the wall with an unreadable look on her face. Inuyasha glanced at her, her eyes on the ground she looked like she was thinking. “ Kagome?”
 
“ Hmm?” Kagome looked up at him and smiled faintly.
 
“ What are you thinking?” Inuyasha asked his voice filled with concern.
 
“ Inuyasha, what does it matter what I think?” She didn't seem angry but Inuyasha was sure as hell she was faking. “ I'm going inside Inuyasha.” She stated firmly her tone hinting she didn't want to be followed. She walked out into the entertainment room where Sesshoumaru and one of his cousins were playing pool.
 
“ Can I borrow the keys to your car.. I swear I won't drive it.” Sesshoumaru tossed her the keys to his Hummer with a perplexed look. “ I'm gonna sleep in it.”
 
“ Oh..Wait what?!” Sesshoumaru asked taking a shot and making it into the right pocket.
 
“ It's a comfort thing. Don't ask and don't tell Inuyasha.” Sesshoumaru nodded absently chalking his pool cue. Kagome grabbed a blanket and pillow from Inuyasha's room and made her way to the garage. The key said Hummer so she assumed it was a only SUV in the garage. She backed the Hummer out of the garage so it sat in the driveway. She parked the car, opened up the windows and was ready to go to bed when she heard people talking. She peeked from the backseat to look over to the gate about 100 feet away. The guard was yelling at a woman inside of a bright red Corvette. The girl flipped the guard the bird and pulled up to the house. She got out of the car.
 
“ Inu- BABY!!” Kikyou yelled up at the house. The front door flew open and Inuyasha pulled the woman into his arms into a tight embrace.
 
 
 
Kagome slid down into the back of the Hummer wallowing in her thoughts about a certain hanyou.
 
 
 
 
“ It's been too long!” Kikyou said smiling as they took a seat at the bar in the basement.
 
“ It has.. Rum and Coke?” Inuyasha asked taking out a bottle of rum and a can of coke. She giggled girlishly nodding.
 
“ Baby you still remember?” Kikyou cooed running a hand through Inuyasha's hair. He shivered feeling a little bit guilty. He handed her the glass and she kissed him gently on the cheek.
 
“ So what's new?” He asked as she placed a hand over his. He gave her hand a quick squeeze.
 
“ Well… I've had the WORST luck.. I'm completely broke and I need a few thousand to get back on my feet.” She looked pleadingly into Inuyasha's gold eyes. He pulled his hand away from hers. “ Baby.. Don't look so tense.. You've done it before.”
 
“ Fuck, Kikyou.. Is that why you called?” He grabbed her drink taking a big gulp.
 
“ Baby no.. Well I love you too! I swear.. And I didn't know who else to turn to about the money thing.” He sighed deeply.
 
 
 
It was late when Kagome heard tires screech off of the property. She poked her head up and looked to see that Kikyou's car was gone. She laid back down and promptly fell back asleep.
 
 
 
Inuyasha went into his room thinking that Kagome might be in there. “ Kagome?” He called out only to find an empty bed and darkness. He searched everywhere and his nose wasn't really helping considering her scent was pretty much all over the house. Everywhere her scent led him turned up nothing. He grumbled running out of places to search.
 
“ Looking for Kagome?” Sesshoumaru asked as Inuyasha stood in the middle of the living room.
 
“ Yea.” Inuyasha grunted cracking his knuckles. “ Where the fuck is she?” The look in Sesshoumaru's eyes told him that he knew where she was.
 
“ Well.. The dear girl told me not to tell you.” He smirked leaning against a wall.
 
“ Fuck you. Tell me.”
 
“ She doesn't want to see you.” Inuyasha ran up to Sesshoumaru grabbing him by the collar.
 
“ I don't give a rat's ass.. Now where the FUCK is she?!” Sesshoumaru shoved his brother away brushing off his shirt.
 
“ You don't deserve her..” Sesshoumaru debated whether or not to tell his idiot half-brother whether or not to tell him where she was… “But she's in my Hummer sleeping.” Inuyasha walked out to Sesshoumaru's Hummer. Kagome was lying peacefully in the back, a blanket wrapped around her. He could have sworn he smelled tears.. But it could have been his imagination.
 
“ Kagome?” He whispered loudly. She grumbled something inaudible and opened up her eyes sleepily.
 
“ Inuyasha?” She sat up rubbing her eyes.
 
“ Come on.” She could tell he was sad.. But she wondered if he could tell she was too. She climbed out of the back of the car and tripped on the blanket. He caught her and looked deeply into her eyes for only a moment. She turned away and didn't say anything as Inuyasha proceeded to carry her back into the house.
 
 
A/N: I hate Hummers.. They take up too much space on the road and I'm always afraid they gonna crush my car unless I drive the SUV.. Then I'm up there with them threatening to take out small children and cars. But I must admit Hummers are pretty darn roomy.