InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Running on Home ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 20: Running on Home
 
Kagome stared out the car window at the swiftly moving surroundings. Rain fell heavily on the metal roof of the car and Kagome smiled a little bit, for the first time the weather reflected her mood. It was winter and the snow would start falling any day now. Christmas break would begin in two weeks and then she had a month of vacation. She originally thought she would just hang around with Inuyasha for a week or two and then visit her family for the holidays.. But after she left the Takahashi mansion.. She thought that probably wouldn't be best. She left early without so much as a goodbye to him…
 
 
Early that Morning…
 
Kagome walked quietly into the kitchen where Izayoi was getting a cup of orange juice. Izayoi looked at her watch then up at the girl quizzically.
 
“ Dear, isn't it a little bit early to be going out?”
 
“ I'm going home Izayoi-sama.. Back to the apartment. I'm sorry.” Kagome turned away from the woman shamefully.
 
“ I thought Inuyasha drove..” Izayoi's heart almost broke seeing how miserable Kagome looked.
 
“ He did. I'm taking the bus to the train station.” Kagome didn't think to take much money with her and she didn't think cabs took credit cards.
 
“ Kagome.” Izayoi stopped the girl. “ I can't blame you for wanting to go home.. but at least have Jaken drop you off back in town.” Izayoi gave Kagome a pleading smile.
 
“ All right.” Kagome said thankfully hugging Izayoi. “ Thank you.” She said softly.
 
Kagome took her yellow backpack from Inuyasha's bedroom and made her way towards the garage.
 
After Inuyasha had given her that awful excuse for an apology Kagome had insisted that he keep his distance from her. Despite his numerous protests he buckled, leaving her alone then went spent the night in the entertainment room on another floor.
 
Kagome got into the car and looked back at the mansion to wave goodbye to Izayoi who was standing at the front door tearfully.
 
Back to the present..
 
 
“ Kagome-sama..?” Jaken called out to the girl as he brought the car to a stop. “ We're here.”
 
“ Jaken.. I told you not to call me Kagome-sama.. You work for the Takahashi family.. not for me.” Kagome gave the toad demon a weak smile.
 
“ Of course Kagome-sa.. Kagome.” Jaken corrected himself blushing slightly. Kagome giggled quietly. “ Did you need any help getting up to your apartment?” Kagome unlocked her door.
 
“ No thank you Jaken. I'll manage. Thanks for the ride.. I owe you one!” Kagome opened up the door and used her yellow backpack as a shield against the freezing rain. “ Bye Jaken.” Kagome slammed the door and Jaken waved goodbye before driving off. She sprinted into the building breathing a sigh of relief as she entered the building. Finally she could drop the façade. She frowned deeply, fighting the tears of humiliation in her eyes. Just when she thought she and Inuyasha would end up together… She didn't even want to think about it.. It was humiliating.
 
Kagome walked into the apartment as the tears she had been fighting finally fell. She pulled her cell phone from her pocket and dialed Sango's number.
 
“ Hey Kagome, what's up?”
 
“ Can I stay at you and Miroku's place for a while?” Kagome asked quickly. Sango paused.
 
“ Sure…What happened with Inu-” Kagome cut off Sango.. she didn't want to hear his name right now.
 
“ I'll tell you when I get there.. Thanks a bunch.. I'll be over later tonight. I'm going to pack some stuff.”
 
“ Kagome.. are you moving out?” Sango asked.
 
“ I don't know.. But I'll see you later okay?”
 
“ All right.. Bye.”
 
“ Bye..” Sango hung up the phone setting it on the armrest of the couch. “ Miroku..”
 
“ Yes my beautiful, exquisite, se..”
 
“ Shut it. Has Inuyasha called you today?” Sango asked suspiciously.
 
“ No.. I figure he's busy with Kagome at the mansion.” Sango shook her head.
 
“ Kagome just called and sounded REALLY sad.. She's gonna be staying here for a little while.”
 
“ Hm.. It seems Inuyasha has upset her maybe for the last time?”
 
“ Maybe.” Sango hugged Miroku tightly. “ You know if you pissed me off I'd beat you senseless right?” Miroku shuddered with fear.
 
“ Baby, I know.. It was only a few days ago you chased me around the apartment wielding my Trig book.”
 
 
 
Inuyasha stumbled down the stairs to meet his family for breakfast..er..lunch. Sleeping on the entertainment room couch was not comfortable.. not comfortable at all. The moment he sat down at the table he was met with very unpleasant glares. Inutaisho and Sesshoumaru both glanced at Inuyasha and then and at each other laughing.
 
“ Doesn't know a damn thing about women.” Inutaisho said to Sesshoumaru.
 
“ Honey don't say that!” Izayoi glared at her husband who looked down at his food.
 
“ What?! Hey where's Kagome?” Inuyasha asked sniffing the air. He knew his apology the day before sucked.. he was hoping today he could maybe take her out somewhere nice and show her how much he really did care.
 
“ She left you idiot!” Rin said coldly crossing her arms. “ Not that I blame her one bit.” Sesshoumaru placed a hand over Rin's to calm her.
 
“ What do you mean she left?” Inuyasha asked raising an eyebrow. How could she leave if he drove?
 
“ Jaken drove her back to town.” Izayoi stated before taking a sip of water. Inuyasha jumped up from his seat... Kagome was such an emotional wench.
 
“ Where are you going?” Inutaisho asked in between chewing.
 
“ Inutaisho.. you know better!” Izayoi verbally chastised her husband.
 
“ I'm going to Kagome.” Inuyasha stated obviously before leaving the dining room.
 
 
A/N: Sorry about not updating.. I've fallen into a painful relapse with a certain chemical substance and that PARTICULAR chemical substance made it quite difficult to sit still for extended periods of time.. Sadly even 2 minutes felt like forever. Also the place I work at is super busy during the Halloween season and I usually get home around 2 AM and all I want to do is read a few fanfictions or take a nap. Then add in the factor that I have to do a lot of schoolwork and whatnot.. plus juggling a social life is BLAH.
 
I also wanted to thank everyone who actually writes me little comments. It's cute haha. Thanks. You guys are spiffy.
 
If it takes me a little while to update sorry. I'm quitting everything bad cold turkey. Heh.
 
With love and lots of it.. -Kipu