InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Chapter 21

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 21: Winter Holiday
 

How is your heart little darling?
I didn't mean to get so mad.
Let me just hold you closely.
How did things get so bad?
I know how to pick on you.

 
Inuyasha swung the front door open sniffing the air. He hadn't bothered to even get his suitcase when he left his parents' house. After he left the dining room table all he did was put on a shirt and pants and left. He had to find her.
 
“ Kagome?… Kagome?!” Inuyasha called out and opened up her bedroom door knowing full well she wasn't home. According to her lingering scent in the room.. she had been in the apartment, but that was hours ago.
 
` She just needs some time to herself.. That's all.' Inuyasha reassured himself before lying back on the couch.. When she came home he'd apologize and he could fix what he fucked up.
 
 
Two weeks later…
 
Inuyasha hadn't seen Kagome in two weeks.. 15 days to be exact.. if he counted how she kicked him out of his own room. He knew now Kagome had been staying with Sango and Miroku. He figured as much when he had arrived home that first night. That was the only place she'd ever go.. besides going back to her mother. But he hadn't expected Sango to show up at his door to collect more of Kagome's things.
 
“ She doesn't want to see you!” Sango barked carrying Kagome's laptop underneath her arm and a bag of extra clothes.
 
“ But how am I supposed to fix things with her?” Inuyasha yelled back at Sango.
 
“ Maybe..” Sango's voice calmed down considerably. “ Maybe you're not supposed to Inuyasha. She's moping a little bit. Give her some time.” Sango smiled up at the hanyou. “ Buck up Buddy. She'll be back home before you know it.” That was 13 days ago..
 
He hadn't seen her around campus.. but he would catch her scent faintly in the breeze sometimes.. He tried following the scent.. seeing if he could find her and apologize.. then maybe she'd come home. The apartment was empty without her. He never thought twice about have old “girlfriends” over to ease the feeling of loneliness he was secretly feeling.. He was hoping maybe just MAYBE Kagome would come home.
 
Today was the last day of classes and then there would be a month of vacation. He knew the highways were clogged with traffic and he wondered where Kagome was.
`When did I start caring?' He thought to himself as he lay on his couch sighing. ` Damn wench weaseled her way into my head.'
 
 
 
Kagome stood outside on Sango and Miroku's balcony looking up as the snow fell lightly onto her face. She wondered what Inuyasha was doing.. She wondered if he had a girl over at the apartment. It had been 14 days since she left the Takahashi mansion and 15 days since she had last seen or spoke to Inuyasha. It had been two weeks but the pain of Inuyasha and his ex Kikyou was still fresh in her mind.
 
You pushed me over the edge.
We caused so much agony.
We can't seem to move ahead.
 
Damn, she missed him. Missed watching cartoons with him on the days they didn't have classes. Missed yelling at him for leaving the kitchen a mess after making himself some ramen. She missed everything about him. Kagome shivered from the cold and walked straight out of Sango's apartment. She needed to see him.
 
This is such a pity.
We should give all our love to each other.
Not this hate that destroys us.
This is such a pity.
(This is a pity)
 
Kagome stood in front of her apartment door, her heart was beating out of her chest and she wasn't even sure if he was home. She laughed ironically to herself.. Here she was flipping out in her head and she wasn't even sure if he was home. She unlocked the door and walked inside.
 
What kind of future will we have?
Will we we ever find peace?
 
She should have known he wouldn't be home. It was Inuyasha. He wouldn't stay home unless he had to. Sighing with resignation Kagome flopped onto the couch crossing her arms with annoyance. When she wanted him around he wasn't there. Didn't he miss her like she missed him? `Apparently not.' Kagome thought to herself. She wanted to slap herself in the face for being so presumptuous. They were just friends. Just roommates. Who had shared a mild spark. `Well maybe not mild,' Kagome couldn't help but smile to herself.
 
Everybody thinks we're crazy.
They're about to call the police.
 
 
Inuyasha lay in bed staring up at his ceiling fan. His ears twitched when he heard the sound of the front door unlocking. Thinking it was his imagination he ignored the noise.. that was until he distinctly heard the door opening then close. He sat up rigid in his bed sniffing at the air. It was her.

I don't wanna be a chump.
You think I'm a fascist pig.
Right now everything is black.
I don't think we'll get it.
 
Inuyasha wasn't sure whether or not to go outside immediately. Fuck.. He missed her. Fuck acting like he didn't miss her. He fucking missed her more than anything in the whole damned world. He cautiously opened up his door and his eyes landed immediately on the girl sitting on the couch.
 
Kagome's eyes darted up to Inuyasha. She didn't know if she should hug him like she wanted to. Their eyes locked and for a few moments. They just stared at one another gauging the other's reactions.
 
Inuyasha couldn't take this bullshit anymore. He ran over to Kagome sweeping her into his arms lifting her off of the couch. Kagome thought he would squeeze her poor heart out of her chest..not that she would have minded really. She liked the fact he was holding her.
 
He could barely believe she was letting him hug her after how badly he fucked up. Slowly Kagome's arms reached around Inuyasha's torso and she pulled him impossibly closer to her.
 
“ I've missed you.” Inuyasha whispered gruffly into Kagome's ear. His hot breath tickling her ear caused Kagome to shudder. She giggled softly nuzzling her head against his chest.
 
“ I can tell.” Kagome pulled back a bit from Inuyasha's embrace to look at his face. “ Soo..” Kagome smiled. “ How've you been?”