InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ I'd do Anything for Love ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 25
 
`Thanks?! Thanks?! All I get is a fuckin' THANKS?!?!' Kagome mentally screamed at herself trying to hide the shock from Inuyasha's words. She debated whether or not to scream at him or just to forget about it. The thought of just kneeing him straight in the balls was appealing too. `Thanks?!'
 
“ No problem?” Kagome finally muttered in a peeved tone pulling away from Inuyasha slowly. She knew her response wasn't the best, but that was the only thing she could really think of doing.. of course excluding inflicting bodily harm on Inuyasha. She made her way to the kitchen leaving a confused and idiotic hanyou alone next to the front door. “ I'm going to make some tea.. want some?” `you insensitive asshole.' Kagome finished in her head.
 
“ Naw.. but I'd be really grateful if you could just toss me a beer.” Kagome's back was facing him as she reached into the refrigerator and grabbed a beer. Fighting the desire to hurl the bottle at Inuyasha's skull she gently tossed it to him as he sat on the couch. “ Come sit with me.” Inuyasha called as Kagome placed the tea kettle on the stove.
 
“ I think I'll pass.” Kagome spat angrily before stomping off to her room. “ God damn bastard. Insensitive jerk. Baka.” She muttered as she slammed the door behind her then locking it. Inuyasha looked towards the direction of the girl's door and shrugged.
 
“ Bitches.. I will never understand them.” He sighed and began flipping through the channels idly.
 
///////////
The next morning…
 
 
Kagome stepped out of her bedroom seemingly in higher spirits, it was early in the morning but superficially Kagome seemed like her regular perky self. Inuyasha was already watching cartoons and smiled tensely at Kagome.
 
“ I'm gonna go for a walk.. I'll see you later.” Kagome smiled to the hanyou before going into the kitchen to turn off the stove.
 
“ You want me to go with you? You never know what creeps lurk around, even if it is early in the morning.” Kagome shook her head at Inuyasha.
 
“ Naw. I'm a big girl Inuyasha. I can handle myself.” Inuyasha couldn't miss the venom in her words.. but he couldn't really figure out why she was angry. The sound of the front door closing brought Inuyasha back from his thoughts.
 
////
 
Kagome shook her head and sighed.. She was pissed at the baka.. but Kami knew why she still loved him. Sure he could be overbearing but he was an amazing person.. he just didn't love her back.
You could see me reaching
So why couldn't you have met me half way?
You could see me bleeding
And you would not put pressure on the wound
Every time he hurt her.. it was getting worse and worse.. maybe she was just getting too attached to Inuyasha. She kicked at some snow as she walked along the sidewalk away from her apartment.
You only think about yourself...you only think about yourself
You better bend before I go
On the next train to Mexico
She told herself he was just a guy.. a typical guy who didn't understand women or the inner workings of a female mind. He wasn't Mr. Right.. Was he? No. Who meets Mr. Right as a freshman in college..
You could see my breathing
But you still kept your hand over my mouth
You could feel me seething
But you just turned your nose up in the air
He was a good man.. just maybe not for her. He was the first man she ever loved. Why she loved him she didn't know.. Kagome chuckled to herself thinking of the past several months they had spent together as roommates. `Enough moping Kagome.' She tried to forget about her insecurities and just decided to admire the snow covered Tokyo.
You only think about yourself...you only think about yourself
You better bend before I go
On the next train to Mexico
After an hour of plodding through the snow Kagome realized that snow is cold. `Go figure.' She stepped out of the apartment building elevator and shook the excess snow off the hood of her sweatshirt. With a sigh Kagome opened up the front door but gasped at what she saw.
 
All around the living room there were vases of different flowers. There were orchids, white roses, lilies, irises and various different flowers that Kagome didn't even know the names of.. All she knew was that the flowers were all gorgeous. There's had to be at least twenty vases all over the living room. She looked at her watch.. she was only gone an hour.. `When the heck did Inuyasha have the time to get flowers?'
 
“ Inuyasha?” Kagome called out trying to find the hanyou so that she could thank him.
 
“ Kitchen.” Inuyasha's gruff voice called. Kagome smiled and walked over into the kitchen where Inuyasha was popping some popcorn in the microwave.
 
“ Whatcha doin'?” Kagome smiled over to the hanyou cocking her head to the side.
 
“ Making popcorn.” Inuyasha tried to hide his smirk as looked down into the bowl where he was pouring the popcorn. It took him about 2 seconds after Kagome left for him to realize that he didn't say he loved her. He was never really a man of words anyways. He stopped by the grocery store and practically bought out the store's entire stock of flowers. Shit, he didn't even know the different between a sunflower and a rose. He just told the old woman he had a girl to impress and he wanted flowers that a girl would like.
 
“ Where did those flowers come from?” Kagome asked slyly stepping over to Inuyasha and playfully elbowing him.
 
“ There's flowers?!” Inuyasha said feigning shock.
 
“ Yea, they look and smell absolutely putrid.” Inuyasha looked over at Kagome and squinted with fake anger at the girl. “ I'm just kidding.” Kagome softly kissed Inuyasha's cheek. “ Thanks.” Kagome whispered softly to Inuyasha before grabbing a bowl of popcorn to bring out to the living room. Inuyasha's hand reached out and grabbed Kagome's wrist firmly.
 
“ Just to let you know.” Inuyasha looked into Kagome's chocolate eyes. “ I do love you too.” Kagome swallowed the ball of emotion in her throat.
 
`Not gonna cry.' Kagome thought to herself. “ Thanks.” Kagome managed to mutter before Inuyasha released her wrist so that he could grab a can of soda to Kagome and a beer for himself. Kagome situated herself on the couch and began to flip through the channels finally settling on cartoons. Inuyasha sat next to Kagome instinctively putting his arm around the girl's shoulder. Kagome sighed with content and she rest her head against the hanyou's shoulder.
 
“ You know I realized after you left that we don't really know much about each other. You've met my parents but I have yet to meet your parents.” Inuyasha said grabbing a handful of popcorn shoving it into his mouth.
 
“ It's parent really. My father's dead. It's just been me, my mother, brother and grandfather for a few years now.” Kagome said sadly snuggling closer into Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
“ I'm sorry…” Inuyasha didn't really know what else to say. Words of sympathy weren't really a part of his genetic make-up.
 
“ It's okay I guess.. You're right though.. You've never met my mother..” Kagome thought for a moment about when she should take Inuyasha to see her mother.
 
“ How did he..” Inuyasha began but trailed off not really wanting to finish his statement. Kagome tensed in Inuyasha's arms and Inuyasha could smell the salty scent of impending tears.
 
“ Drunk driver killed him.” Kagome's voice cracked for a moment. Inuyasha wrapped his other arms around the girl gently pulling her into his lap. She curled against his chest taking his scent.. it was slightly reminiscent of the forest. They stayed like that for a few moments, each lost in their own thoughts as the tv blasted sounds of cartoon characters' laughing and anvils falling. “ You know I just had a thought.. what are you doing Christmas weekend?” Kagome asked Inuyasha looking into his topaz eyes hopefully.
 
“ You mean what are we doing Christmas weekend.” Inuyasha corrected with a cocky grin on his face. “ You more or less just came home. I'm not gonna let you get away again.” Kagome rolled her eyes then poked Inuyasha in the chest with her index finger.
 
“ Fine then buddy.. But we're spending Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with your family.” Inuyasha shuddered at the shit he was gonna get from his family for being an ass with Kagome. His mom was definitely going to give him hell.
 
“ Whatever you want baby.” Inuyasha said kissing Kagome sweetly on the lips. “ I'd do anything for you.”
 
“ Anything?” Kagome cooed, her brown eyes twinkling.
 
“ Anything.”
 
“ Then could you make some more popcorn?”