InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Trust ❯ Chapter Eleven: Fire ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome's Trust

A/N– Here is chapter eleven for you. Please enjoy reading the chapter. I like to say thank you Akahana7272 for being the first beta reader to this chapter. Then thank you to Witchygirl99 and TheSparkledMoon for beta reading it again.   


Chapter Eleven: Fire
X+X+X
Kagome groaned as she was awoken from her sleep, only to notice that she was in a large room filled with many items from a dresser, to a desk, to a bookcase.

Pulling off the blankets from her body, Kagome placed her feet on the ground and stood up. As she walked around the room, she started towards the large window and balcony, wanting to feel the air around her. It was a nice day. Kagome stared at the trees and flowers, lost in thought, only thinking of her children that she missed so dearly. She had made the decision that she would get her children with or without her friends' help.

Kagome walked over to the door and opened it up to see Sango just walking out of the room across from hers. "Good Morning, Kagome."

"Sango, let's get going now. I have no time just to stand and wait on other people trying to get my children back," Kagome stated in a forceful voice.

"Shouldn't you talk to Sesshomaru about the mating mark?" Sango asked gently to her sister-friend.

"No, he won't ever complete the mating mark on me," Kagome replied as she walked away from Sango and started down the hall. She went through large doors and heard voices coming from in front of her. She walked faster towards the voices and was stopped when Miroku greeted her. "Lady Kagome, good to see you're okay," he said as he smiled.

"Hi, I'm okay. Now where is he?" she demanded, wanting to leave and find her children as soon as possible.

"Mate, you should be resting," Sesshomaru called out.

Kagome froze as she looked to Sesshomaru's face, hesitating only a moment before she walked up to him. "Listen Sesshomaru, I will not be your mate – not now, not ever. I came here to find my daughter and now she and her brother have both been taken from me. I will be going after them to get them back," Kagome said fiercely.

Sesshomaru dropped the mate part; he would have to deal with that later. He knew a bitch looking for her pups was very angered by anyone that said no. He had to appeal to her good side.

"Kagome, scouts say that Naraku's lair is in the north, but there is no word on the pups yet. When someone says otherwise, I will get them for you."

"No I will go myself now! Inuyasha, are you coming?" she asked as she proudly walked past Sesshomaru towards the door.

"Mate, you are to stay in the castle and wait," he growled at her.
"Well it's a good thing that I'm not your mate and all. Don't tell me what to do about my children!" Kagome snapped at him, side stepping the demon to go through the door.

BANG! An explosive went off from the south side of the Palace of the Moon. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha stood still while the rest were on the ground in pain from their fall, but Kagome was merely gritting her teeth together. She knew what had happened.

"Sesshomaru, we don't need to go and look for the children anymore," Kagome said as she went to the large window in the room. She looked around until she saw her children with dark looks in their eyes.

"What?" Sesshomaru asked.

"That blast was from Toga and Mizuki's combined power. They are very strong and fast for their age," she replied, swearing under her breath.

"Kagome."

"Let's go," Kagome shouted as she raced towards the door, stopping to only throw them open before running out.

The group raced after Kagome, down the halls to the main entrance to see the ground had been ripped apart and the trees had been pulled from the ground. Rocks of all shapes and sizes littered the ground in front of them.

"Wow," Sango stated as she looked around to see more broken pieces of swords and spears were lying scattered around. The gang and Sesshomaru searched around the grounds to see the person that had done the damage to the palace grounds and south side.

"Milord, we have a problem! The south side is on fire and Lady Rin is still in the palace," Sesshomaru's general said to him.

"Rin is still in there?" Kagome asked, horrified. "Sesshomaru get her now!"

Sesshomaru stared at Kagome and nodded, knowing that she loved Rin like a daughter. He too thought of the little girl as such, even though he would never speak those words. He raced to the south side of his palace, looking at the blazing fire that had the palace almost completely within its grasp. He watched as his men tried to stop the fire with water, but it wasn't working. Shaking the thoughts from his mind, he raced to find Rin.

Once he got into the palace, he tried to smell her out, but the fire raging around him clouded all his senses. He had to resort to calling out as loudly as he could muster. "Rin!" Straining his ears, listening for her small voice, he heard nothing. Racing towards a door, he pulled it open to call for her again. "Rin!" Sesshomaru only heard the silence once again. He opened her door and ran in, hoping to see her but she was nowhere to be found.

As Sesshomaru was just going to leave, he heard a small cough from under the bed. He looked under to see Rin and the little fox child of Kagome's. Grabbing them both, he ran out of the palace, his eyes lying on his mate and her tears.

"Shippo, Rin!" Kagome shouted to them.
Looking over Shippo first, she found that he just had some smoke inhaled into his lungs and throat. Closing her eyes, she summoned her powers to heal him, placing him in Sango's arms when he was finished.

Turning her attention to Rin, she looked over her for any signs of life. Kagome found her pulse, but emotions ran through her as she determined that it was very low, barely even there. Kagome didn't have this kind of healing power yet and neither did Kaede. She didn't think that anyone had this kind of healing, not anyone who was somewhat close. Having no choice, she picked up the small girl, deciding that there was no way to heal this girl besides letting her get better on her own time. Rin would be as good as new, but she needed a reason and a plan to get this done. While her friends watched, Sesshomaru stared at her with a sad look.

"Kagome, what are you thinking?" Inuyasha asked her.

"Well, I know that I can't save her and Sesshomaru's sword only works once on a person. Kaede doesn't have this kind of healing. I know what I have to do. Inuyasha, explain to Sesshomaru as much as you can. Sango, we need to get going now," Kagome ordered.

"Wait, Mate, what is going on?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Rin will die if I don't get someone to help her in time. Please listen to Inuyasha when he tells you," Kagome said, holding onto Rin's body. As she got on Kirara with Sango in the front, they flew off into the air towards the well.

"Milord, the fire was been put out but the entire south side of the palace is destroyed," the general stated, bowing to him.

Sesshomaru nodded his head in return, glaring at Inuyasha to explain what was his mate talking about.

"We need to go somewhere safe from all ears," the half-demon said quietly.

"Follow me, Inuyasha and the monk," Sesshomaru murmured as he walked away from the south side, looking up at the cloudless sky.

A/N–I hope you like it. Until next time, see ya.