InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ How it all began ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Inuyasha or the characters are not my original works so don't sue me. Enjoy. R&R

Chapter 1: How it all began

Kagome was walking down the halls of her of college. It was to be an exciting day because she just got accepted to NYU. New York University was of course located in New York and it was one of the best colleges you could ever get into. Not many got into it so Kagome was feeling extra special as of today.

The halls were long and huge. Five people could work in a vertical direction without ever having to worry about touching each other. The library was amazing, there seemed to be no college book that NYU didn't have.

"Kagome!"

Kagome turned around at the sound of the voice and saw who had called her, Kagome smiled and waved, "Sango you made it!"

Sango was athletic, but aside from muscles and beautiful face; she was no idiot. Sango had attended NYU freshly out of high school, and was living off a scholarship that she won for her haiku.

I'm so happy to see Sango here, Kagome thought. It's such a pleasant surprise.

They hugged each other and smiled warmly.

"I am so happy to see a familiar face around here," Sango began as they started walking down the hallway together all chipper. "The year has been so long. I hardly made any friends yet."

"Seriously," Kagome glanced at her sideways as they walked. "That is strange, especially, since you're such a sweet person."

"Yea," Sango pursed her lips, "I haven't seen someone I would date either."

"Seriously," Kagome frowned. "It has only been a year, and besides that, pretty girls like you don't need to look, someone will find you easily."

"Like Inuyasha found you," Sango laughed at Kagome's red cheeks and through an arm around her shoulder in confidence. "I am being a bitch. How is that guy doing?"

"We broke up," Kagome said this real low as if she hoped Sango didn't hear what she said.

Sango did, and Sango suddenly stopped in the middle of the hall way to look at her best friend who suddenly had her head down, "K-Kagome?"

Kagome forced her head up and took Sango by her hand and pulled her lightly along to walk down the hallway with her, "It's nothing."

I don't want to talk about this. Please forget everything I said, Kagome thought.

"Hey," Sango snatched her hand back and glared at Kagome. "You are going to tell me what that silver head bitch did to you!"

Kagome's shoulders slunk down in defeat as she said lowly, "Hai."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha and I moved in together, and decided that it would be fun if we had our own place since we've been together for such a long time, two years. The house was a two bedroom, nothing special, small and expensive, in a nice town outside of Tokyo, Japan. Inuyasha got this good paying job, while I was a waitress at this nice and classy Japanese restaurant, but he never told me where he worked exactly. He made so much that he insisted on paying the rent, and all the other bills, but I demanded that I pay some.

When I got let out from work early one Friday night and was checking the mail to see what bills needed to be paid, Inuyasha came home, but he wasn't alone. I hid in the closet of our bedroom where he and this pale woman with dark hair wearing a tight long red dress entered. Inuyasha looked really hand in a silk white long sleeved shirt opened at the chest, with dark pants and hair falling to the side of his face.

"Why," the woman said as she looked towards the window with dark misty eyes, "couldn't I call you to tell you this?"

I waited for Inuyasha to respond to understand what they were talking about and he did. Inuyasha laid on the bed looking like some super model posing for playgirl and it even made me lust for him.

"Kikyo," Inuyasha started. "Why do you always have to start with me?"

Kikyo turned her dark eyes to him and folded her arms on top of her chest, "Don't fuck with me, Inuyasha. I'm so sick of your bull shit. I should have done you in along time ago."

Inuyasha shrugged and slowly got off the bed saying, "Oh fuck off. You couldn't kill a man that's dying. You're a weak bitch always have been, but I won't waste your time."

"Good," Kikyo turned around to face him. "Moving on, Hot Guys Inc. needs your assistance in another porn movie. This gig can earn you twenty-thousand for five scenes with this famous black porn star named Anita included. They are pretty sure this porn will make it big because it'll be the first interracial porn with Japanese men and black women. So that's twenty-thousand dollars, plus royalties if it is actually a hit."

"No fucking way," Inuyasha smiled brightly. "I'll so do it. I could use the money."

"I get 10% of that money Inuyasha," Kikyo glared at him. "I'm your partner remember? I set it up."

"Yea," Inuyasha rolled his eyes, "Sadly."

I suddenly bust open the closet door and Inuyasha looked at me as if he saw a ghost, as if his heart ripped right out of his chest. Kikyo only glanced at me and left the room. She said what she had to so I suppose there was no reason for her to stick around longer than she had.

I was too angry that I hadn't noticed the tears rolling down my face, my fists were balled tight and I didn't know where to begin to express how I felt. I was hurt dreadfully at the thought of him being a porn star. Inuyasha and I never made love, and I'm glad I didn't give myself to him. Now since I found out that Inuyasha was some kind of man whore.

Inuyasha rushed to me and tried to wrap his arms around me as I cried, I cried hysterically, I didn't hold him back and there he was trying to calm me down, rubbing my hair and holding me tight.

"Don't touch me," I pushed him roughly away and yelled. "Don't put your hands on me ever. It's over. I don't want to see you again. I can't. Not after that, not after that..."

"Kagome please," Inuyasha's golden eyes went dim as he ran after me down the stairs. I ran and I was wiping the tears from my eyes, the tears wouldn't stop, I felt like some fool. I felt unwanted and unneeded, I couldn't be with him. I couldn't looked at him or touch him, "Kagome let me explain!"

Then I turned around and brought my hand down on his face hard, so hard that he stumbled back a bit and looked at me, shocked himself that I would strike him in the face as hard as I did. Inuyasha looked up at me and our eyes met.

"Kagome..." Inuyasha tried to began. "I love only you."

I let out a laugh as the tears still damped my face and said coldly, "Now you can love Anita. I don't want to see you again. Keep everything; I don't need anything here, or you."

A cold tear ran down Inuyasha's eye as he stood there with his head turned away and he said in what seemed like a whisper, "You wouldn't even let me explain."

I slammed the door when I left out and caught a cab to my mother's house.

*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

"That ass hole," Sango was leaning against the wall completely speechless. "I know I don't know him that well, but I didn't think he would do something like that you know? If he was a porn star then he probably slept with plenty of women. I wonder what he was going to say to you."

"What could he say," Kagome's head was lowered. The current memory had pained her. "There was nothing he could say that could redeem himself; to make me believe that what he did while being in a relationship was right."

Sango only looked at Kagome with a sad facial expression.

Kagome continued, "I went home and stayed the night. Inuyasha had called, but I told my mother not to pick it up. The moment it was light outside I went and took all the money out of my bank account and decided to come to New York where you were and applied here. When I found out I was accepted I was so happy. I don't want to go back to Japan ever again. There is nothing there for me."

Sango suddenly hugged Kagome tight, giving her support while saying, "It'll be ok. You don't need him. Let's go out tonight. This is only registration month so; we can hang out with a clear conscience. Have you decided what classes you want to take? I'll have you know, NYU is very hard. Before you come here you'll have to be sure that you are ready ok?"

Kagome nodded as she started walking again, Sango had her arm wrapped around her shoulder.

Thank goodness for you Sango, Kagome smiled to herself.

"Hey," Sango said suddenly. "Let's go out dancing! New York has some of the hottest clubs. It'll be a girl's night out."

Kagome smiled, "Okay.