InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Meet Sesshomaru ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 2: Meet Sesshomaru

Kagome came home to her one bedroom apartment. The moment one walked in they saw the bedroom and the only other rooms left were the bathroom, kitchen, and next to the bathroom was a small closet.

I hope the club is full with hot American boys, Kagome smiled as she thought. Tall, strong, I sure hope I bump into Brad Pitt. No, he resides in California. Perhaps, I should head down there. No, as if I could take him away from his wife - wishful thinking I tell you.

Kagome looked through her closet after kicking her shoes off in a corner.

Red, Kagome made a face at some of her wardrobes. I wouldn't be caught dead with just red, then again Inuyasha sometimes wear his red kimono freely at certain Japanese events. Please, what am I thinking about him for. I did the right thing.

You didn't let him explain...

Kagome grabbed an outfit quickly out her closer and slammed the door mumbling, "I wish Sango never asked me about Inuyasha. I want to bury that guy so deep...no one knows. It was so humiliating finding something like that out. If I did let him explain, what the hell could he had said?

Kagome suddenly imagined Inuyasha saying, "Kagome, I didn't sleep with as many women as you think. Twenty-eight is nothing compared to how much more my good looks can land me." Or, "Look Kagome, being a porn star is a good way to make a large amount of money to take care of you honestly." Last, but definitely not least, "It's your fault Kagome. I was frustrated since we've been together for two years and you never want to have sex with me. So I figured I should go out and find a job that would EASE my frustration until you were ready."

Kagome suddenly threw the outfit on the bed and said aloud, "I am so going out tonight. Seriously, if I have energy to sit here and dwell then I have energy to meet people who can treat me like I deserve."

The phone suddenly rang.

Kagome responded to it quickly, "Hello?"

"Kagome it's me Sango." Sango suddenly coughed.

"Sango," Kagome was concerned as she sat at the end of her bed to listen to her. "Are you ok?"

"I am so sorry Kagome. I knew how much you wanted to go out," Sango paused, and Kagome heard the sound of her spitting up something.

Yuck, Kagome grimaced. This must be bad seriously.

"Kagome are you still there?"

"Yes," Kagome proclaimed and then said with a tone of concern, "Sango, I have a feeling by the sound of your spitting you won't be able to go out partying tonight."

Maybe it's for the best, Kagome thought. I still haven't figured out what classes I wanted to take this semester and I should do that tomorrow since today was a waste.

"I'm sorry," Sango moaned, "When you left and I saw my advisor she was getting over a stomach virus, and the moment I ate something-"

"I understand," Kagome's voice was very soothing. "We both have things to do anyway so perhaps this is better. Going out tonight may have been jumping the gun. We aren't children after all."

"Yes, but it was a nice idea, to help you get over him-"

"I am over him," Kagome quickly corrected, "especially, when I take more time to know myself. Get to really see the things that I like. I don't need a man right now. I want to take this time and enjoy it."

"You're right. You are handling this," Sango suddenly said quickly. "Ok I have to vomit again. Gotta go!"

Kagome paused momentarily, she imagined how sick Sango had gotten under such short notice and she frowned. Hanging up the phone Kagome lied down on her bed and stared up at the ceiling, entering a stream of thought.

I think of Inuyasha when I'm alone, Kagome realized. When I am busy, he doesn't cross my mind, but when I am in bed like I am now I imagine what it's like to be in his arms again and I miss it very much. I wish he didn't think of me so lightly as to do something like that. Even if I wanted to take him back, I couldn't, not after that episode, or the fact that the woman was talking to him in our bedroom. They could have talked in the living room of all places, but no, it was there, where we both sleep.

Kagome then rolled over to her side; her eyes were slowly being filled with water.

Two years, Kagome then wiped a tear that suddenly fell. Two years of my life have been wasted on some who didn't consider my feelings. That couldn't wait till I was ready. I still love Inuyasha, and I want to forget him, and I try. I left Japan to forget him, but he is there.

Kagome leaned up from her bed and let out a breath.

I think about him when I am alone, Kagome reminded herself. Perhaps, I should take advantage of being in this big city and go out and meet people by myself. I don't need any with me to do that, not even Sango. Barnes and nobles! I can go there; they have plenty of good books to keep my mind from drifting to unsound places. At least there, I can dress regular. A book store, in the end, is better than some stupid club with repetitive music.

Kagome looked at her watch and saw that it was only 7:00PM.

Still enough time to enjoy myself!

Kagome went to the bathroom and sprayed a little bit of perfume on her, and grabbed a brush to brush some of her hand strands that were out of place just right again. In her closet was her denim jacket that she grabbed, before heading out the door.

I've got to force myself to be stronger, Kagome told herself. I need to learn to be by myself, and be happy all at once.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome took the F train to a Barnes and Noble store in Brooklyn. It wasn't too long a ride although the train itself was ghastly as far as filth on the ground, etc. The train wasn't too crowded either. What amazed her more was when she finally exited the train to see the huge Barnes and Noble store; the store was only a block down from where she stood.

Kagome couldn't wipe the grin off her face when she finally entered the store; she looked at how tall the ceilings were; all the shelves that held books, and the escalator going down to even more books.

I have to see down stairs! Kagome thought.

Kagome got on the escalator, but when it was moving her down stairs too slowly, she began to walk down the escalator herself to get there quicker. The first thing to see was children books, and to the right of it were more books catering to adult interests.

The adult books would help sharpen my already good English skills. So to the right is definitely the best way to go.

Kagome walked through tall aisles with heavy books on philosophy, then back to books of romance, fantasy which wasn't really her interest to finally the horror section. Kagome walked up and down the aisle on top of the green carpet, under the bright lights of the ceiling, just staring at the wide selections of books.

"Nothing seems to be catching my eye," Kagome mumbled. "I hope I find something. Maybe I should look at romance."

Kagome turned around and walked right into a man's chest.

The embarrassment begins! Kagome feared.

Kagome looked up, and her jaw dropped at how handsome he was. Like Inuyasha his hair was as white as the moon, eyes golden and capturing, tall and muscular wearing a leather jacket and black jeans, holding a closed umbrella in his right hand.

Kagome brought her head down quickly realizing it was rude to stare, and her cheeks reddened like a tomato as she began, "I'm so sorry."

"Its fine," was all he said as he walked by her.

Kagome fully got a chance to notice that his hair reached down to his waist when she looked at him walk away. Kagome brought herself back to reality when her foot suddenly touched something.

What's this?

Kagome leaned down and picked the book up, not really focusing on the cover or title.

Yes, Kagome thought. He dropped this.

Kagome quickly ran to him before he turned the corner to the next aisle, "Excuse me...you - you dropped-"

Kagome suddenly stopped.

Why am I stuttering? This is just a guy. I better find a book soon or else I am heading home.

The man turned around, and Kagome could see his soft moonlight hair shift slightly, and she found herself staring.

His looks are unearthly. Kagome admired.

"Did I," His voice was deep and dead calm, and his stare was cold.

Kagome swallowed trying to get a hold of herself, he was a handsome guy, but there was no need to be nervous.

"Yes," Kagome held up the book, and there she glanced at his pale hands and saw long finger nails. "Here, is this it?"

He took the book into his hand and his golden eyes went over it, scanning it narrowly. Kagome stood there and waited for a response, but there was a moment of silence.

This guy is handsome, but I don't know. I feel some sort of dark aura radiating from him. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

"If that's not the book then," Kagome swallowed. "I'm very sorry. My foot nudged something on the floor so, so I thought-"

"It's the book," He placed the hand that held the book back to his side. "I give you my thanks. I didn't suspect even one as myself to be so careless. You see, this book is a new release. One of the gentlemen held it for me just up until today."

Kagome smiled and nodded politely, "I see. Then it's very much a good thing you got it back. I never was like that for anything."

The man smiled briefly, and Kagome turned away.

Why am I acting like this? That was rude.

"Well," Kagome looked back up at him and smiled brightly. "Please enjoy your book and sorry for the trouble I've caused."

Kagome turned around to walk away.

"I don't understand," He spoke again, but solemnly as he moved a strand of moonlight hair back that fell to the side of his face. "Why did you say you caused trouble?"

"Oh," Kagome stopped walking and turned around. "I bumped into you and maybe if I hadn't you wouldn't have dropped it."

"Sesshomaru," He put the book under his shoulder to let out a hand. Kagome stared at it and flashed a nervous smile. "Tell me your name."

Kagome shook her head in attempts to focus herself and took Sesshomaru's hand, "Kagome. I am an international student here. I go to NYU."

"Impressive," He began, "There aren't many who're able to get in. I myself am a recent graduate with a master's degree in business."

Kagome smiled again, "Very impressive. I am not a student yet. I just got accepted and I am not to sure with what it is I want to do."

Sesshomaru nodded.

A moment of silence thickened the room.

I just don't know what to say to him, Kagome grimaced.