InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Surprised ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 5: Surprised

Kagome jogged for ten blocks straight, it wasn't a long jog, one of those jogs that were slow and steady. Ten blocks was pretty far from where she was standing, and by the time she reached her destination; her face was equivalent to the face of someone who has water gushed on it.

Sango; Kagome thought, Sango please be home. I am so tired. I feel like I've entered a one-woman marathon. I should've just walked, now I'm about to see my sick friend looking like I'm sick my damn self. I know Sango isn't like that. I mean, I really enjoy having Sango as a friend. She's my best friend. Sango is such a best friend that if she told me she was moving to Virginia, I would go down there just to be able to be with her because she's so awesome. Look at me, thinking of Sango like this. If I hadn't known any better, I'd think I was in love with her; which is not the case, although I find myself walking more than I should when she's wearing pink and black...

Kagome suddenly stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a woman with long dark hair coming out of a brown-stone apartment building holding hands with a fit, and attractive long black-haired man wearing a business suit.

Who the FUCK is that? Kagome eyed.

The couple smiled at each other before they kissed and continued casually walking down the stairs as if nothing. They were simply two healthy people enjoying the day without even a hint of ailment. Kagome's day seemed to have been thrown right out of order just by the sight alone.

Maybe, maybe I'm crazy, Kagome pondered as she tried to hold back the immense anger brewing inside of her. Maybe Sango didn't call me sounding like she was spitting up something gruesome and indescribable. Maybe I am the sick fuck over here and I should just go home and end my damn jog. Heh, I would do all of the above if my name wasn't Kagome.

Kagome casually yelled, "Sango-san!"

Sango froze, and her hand seemed to tighten around the gentleman's hand she was with, her lips slowly parted as she turned to the direction at, which the familiar sound occurred and with all her might she summoned up a smile that she herself must've prayed for it to look genuine.

Busted, Kagome suggested.

"Uh, Kagome-chan," Sango turned to the man and excused herself so she was able to confront her friend, "It's a pleasure seeing you today-"

"Must not have been one yesterday," Kagome said coldly. "You know, if you didn't want to go out yesterday then you could have called me up and told me you had plans. I would've understood."

"What are you talking about?"

Now I am totally regretting my heart-warming thoughts I thought about Sango earlier if she could just lie in my face like this...

"Sango," Kagome began to speak to Sango as if it were a small child, "Yesterday you were spitting up stuff over the phone and now you are with some guy. If there was any reason you didn't want to hang out - I would've understood. You can tell me these things. I am not a sensitive flake."

"Kagome..."

Kagome raised an eyebrow as she waited for her "so-called" friend to gather up a valid explanation.

Should I hold my breath?

"I had a 24 hour bug," Sango finally said. "I woke up and I felt much better so that's how it happened. I wouldn't lie to you. You're my friend-"

"Sango," The man began, his dark mysterious yet wicked eyes didn't look over to Kagome even for a moment, "If we wait any longer, we'll be late. Would you like to bring your friend along with you?"

Whelp, I'm too tired from the jog to continue this little whatever. I'm sorry Sango lied about whatever. I just want to go home. I want to go to sleep. I'm just tired, tired of everything.

Kagome turned around and started off again.

"Kagome wait," Sango said quickly and Kagome stopped in her tracks, "I'd like to see you tonight, if that's ok. I know you don't want to come with me and Naraku right now so...but I want us to see each other more. Otherwise, what's the sense of you being here in New York, you know."

Kagome turned around and smiled brightly.

I don't want any confrontations with Sango. Besides, she's with a handsome man so I know how she gets. Also, I had some good things happening to me on my own so I can't be too pissed off about that, now can I?

"Call me ok, Sango," Kagome bowed the traditional Japanese way and carried on walking. Kagome then yelled, "Have a good time too."

Sango watched Kagome walk away.

"Kagome..." Sango just didn't know what to make of Kagome's sudden mood change. "I'll call you."

*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome put her keys through the door to let herself into her apartment; it wasn't even a moment before she laid down into her bed and closed her eyes. Kagome took her sneakers off by using each of the opposite foot to push it off till she was in her socks.

Don't fall asleep, Kagome told herself. If you fall asleep then you're just going to wake up at 8PM, and it's only 3PM. Do not fall asleep...

Kagome forced herself to turn over on her back where she stared up at the ceiling aimlessly.

Living alone does get lonely. Kagome realized. No one to call - I do have people to call, but I have absolutely nothing to say to them. Nothing is worse then calling someone and there is just bone-silence on the other end of the phone. The only person I can image calling right now with something to say is Sesshomaru...beautiful Sesshomaru.

Kagome suddenly frowned.

He was such a nice and mysterious man. Sesshomaru, the noble gentleman, got wet all because of me. How do you meet someone like that and not get their number? Is that intelligent? No offense to the men of the world, but they don't make men like Sesshomaru. There are too many men out there that a woman shouldn't even sleep with let alone date. Then you got men who ARE attractive, but nothing is more unattractive then a man who stares in the mirror more than you do. Inuyasha...

Kagome eyes widened when his name entered her head.

I'm thinking about him again, Kagome realized. Look at the time too, I am alone and thinking of Inuyasha. Am I over him? Should a person think of the person at all when they are supposedly supposed to be over them? I don't want to be with Inuyasha, but we did have some good times together. Maybe that's what made everything worse, like we weren't horrible together. There were times where there was no other place I wanted to be but in his arms. Inuyasha was beautiful and never afraid of anything. For Inuyasha, to have turned around and did what he did... No women should forgive something like that.

Kagome's sweet memory of Inuyasha turned to pitch darkness, and her eye-brows lowered even her eyes itself seemed to have gone cold.

Is it alright to sit here by yourself and let your thoughts dwindle? Get your ass up and take a shower and treat yourself out to lunch or dinner. You don't even remember when it was that you last ate. Get moving, bitch! Kagome told herself.

Kagome got off the bed quickly and took off her clothes right then in there, now naked; she walked to her bathroom and began to adjust the water to the shower to her liking.

I'm going out to Applebee, Kagome told herself. It's American, one of the hard fattening American restaurants that Red Cross should use everything in their power to close down themselves. I can eat there because I jogged and I didn't eat so I am going to get me some really greasy American food.

Kagome jumped into the shower and began caressing the soap over her skin when she finally realized...

I don't want to go to Applebee, Kagome's face turned a little pale at the thought of picking up a greasy barbequed rib and biting it, while the grease from the rib dripped down her lip.

"On second thought," Kagome said aloud, "Maybe Chinatown would be better."

Kagome smiled to herself.

Being in Chinatown reminds me so much of being in Japan. The streets are crowded and there are restaurants everywhere where one can easily take their pick on what they would like to eat, drink...oh yes. I love bubble tea. If anyone ever visits New York they should go to a tea house in Chinatown or even one of the restaurants and ask for, passion fruit green tea bubble tea. That's the best!

Kagome got out of the shower and grabbed a towel that was hung on one of the racks, and used it to dry her body before wrapping it around her just then.

Now, where the hell I want to go to in Chinatown, Kagome wondered. There are so many restaurants. I can eat at a Thai, Chinese, Japanese or even a Vietnamese restaurant out there. I'd think I'll stay away from Japanese. I had all the Japanese food I need to eat in Japan, so there's really no need to come to America and eat it. Thai food, I am not too familiar with although it's nice to try something new every now and again, but I don't want to try something that I'll soon regret especially since I have to pay the bill, and I don't NEED to be wasting money like that. Vietnamese, their pretty good, but I want something really tasty. I'll just settle for Chinese food.

Kagome sat at the edge of her bed and reached inside one of her drawers for her St. Ives lotion where she put a good amount on her hands to smooth onto her legs.

Should I really make myself all pretty just to go to Chinatown? Kagome wondered. I am having dinner with myself so I really shouldn't. I should save all my good outfits for something worth looking dolled up for.

Kagome then paused in mid-action of putting lotion on her legs.

"Kagome," Kagome said out loud to herself. "Why don't you look all dolled up for your own damn self?"

I'm right.

Kagome began lotion her arms now.

Do I really need to avoid making myself look beautiful and feel beautiful simply because a man is not present? Making yourself all dolled up should be up to you. There should be no distinct occasion that demands you look your best of the best - well, not entirely true, but for me...I'm going to make myself look good anyway.

Kagome grabbed a pair of black underwear out her draw and slid it on comfortably.

Hane's her way, my favorite underwear.

Kagome then undid the towel so that she was able to put on her black bra, then some Secret deodorant followed.

Now, what should I wear for this evening? I'm going on a date with the best person I could possibly ever date...myself.

It then came to Kagome.

Kagome turned to her large dresser draw and grabbed some black and tight dress pants, followed white also tight long sleeved cotton texture shirt that showed off her figure.

Okay, this is not dolled up, but it sure is sexy.

Kagome put it on followed by her socks and a pair of black sneakers, she looked in the mirror at the finished product and smiled as she began to brush her hair so that is fell elegantly over her shoulder and down her back.

Damn, I am sexy...

Kagome went in her drawer and got some white diamonds perfume, and sprayed on a good amount so by even walking by someone, they were able to smell her scent.

Should I wear lipstick?

Kagome reached into her top draw to find an appropriate color when someone suddenly knocked at the door.

It's Kouga, Kagome knew. He probably is going to ask whether or not I've had anything to eat. If it is, I'll go out with him. Kouga seems like a nice person after all, and he's pretty sexy I'll admit. Well, I'll never admit it to him though. Heh, I'm sure that make his head blow up like some balloon.

"Coming," Kagome walked to the door and opened it, "Oh..."

All she was able to see was a bouquet of roses covering the gentleman's face, but she was still able to see the white hair that fell to the front of his black leather jacket.

White hair...silver, like the moon...

Kagome stared for a moment, "Thank you, I-"

The gentleman brought the roses down so that Kagome was finally able to see his face and when she did she was taken aback.

It's him...

"It's you," Kagome smiled brightly as she took the roses from his hand. "I didn't think I would see you again."

Sesshomaru smirked as specially as his eyes looked over Kagome's figure with grave interest.

Sesshomaru, oh what a pleasant surprise...

"Maybe you didn't want to see me," Sesshomaru looked by up at her dark eyes with his golden one's, "but I was eager to see you. Am I interfering in your plans?"

Interfering... Oh! I am dressed like this, looking as if I was going out somewhere.

Sesshomaru continued, "I'm sure that you'd be going somewhere that's why I tried to come a bit early hoping I was able to catch you in time."

Kagome was still shocked by seeing him standing in her doorway.

I wonder how he found out my door number. Kagome shook her head. It's Sesshomaru, do you really even care?

"No, no. I am so sorry," Kagome stuttered a bit. "I wasn't going anywhere till later on or with anyone, and I'd glad that you caught me at this time or else you would have missed me for sure."

Sesshomaru nodded and turned around, "Shall I wait for you downstairs?"

"No, stay where you are," Kagome said nervously, "I just want to, you know...eh, put these in water."

Kagome suddenly slammed the door.

It's really him? Oh my fucking Buddha!

Kagome took a deep breath.

Calm down. Fix up this pig stead so you can invite him in for tea or something and stop acting like a school girl!

"Yes," Kagome nodded, "Clean up. Don't take forever; he's outside waiting for you. Be considerate!"

Kagome began tossing everything in her drawer and looked under her bed and around her dresser to try to see if there was any under wear lying around.

Shit!

A/N:

I want to thank all those who waited patiently for this update. I am really sorry that I took such a long while to get this done. I will make it interesting I promise, now since I have to free time to devote my energy to it. Thank you so much! Your interest is well appreciated. If there are typos...forgive me...I am already working on the next chapter. I want to update as frequently as I can to make up for the wait. Thanks again.