InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Prelude ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 13: Prelude

Inuyasha was lying in his bed staring up at the ceiling; on top of his dresser to the side of him was a picture of him and Kagome kissing. He didn't take it down even though it was clear that it was over. He hadn't seen her since then, but she was still on his mind - every time he looked at that picture.

I got to get out of Japan, Inuyasha thought. I got to leave this place, if I don't I'm going to lose my mind and just continue to be miserable thinking about her. I have to move on. I've got to find away to move on or else...I'm going to suffer and I don't need this shit.

Inuyasha got off his bed and exited the room to the kitchen down stairs where he reached into the kitchen cabinet for a glass. Inuyasha had dark circles under his eyes, hair tied back in a messy pony-tale, and he wore an old black sleeveless shirt with matching sweat pants.

He yawned as he poured himself a glass of vodka that was located on the sink by the dirty dishes and old mold-stricken cartons of take out. He then opened the refrigerator freezer and popped three ice cubes in his glass before he made his way to the living room - bottle AND glass in hand.

My whole life is a pile of shit...

Inuyasha dusted old Japanese food cartons off his black leather sofa and sat down, taking a gulp of his drink.

If I don't leave here, I'm going to fucking die here.

Inuyasha's ear twitched to the sound of the doorbell ringing, he ignored and continued to gulp his alcoholic beverage.

It's my day off and people still hound me, Inuyasha filled his glass up as he ignored it.

The bell kept ringing...

"It's my day off!" Inuyasha yelled, "Get the fuck out of here."

"Open the door you disgusting scab," Kikyo said from behind. "I got business with you."

"Fucking cunt," Inuyasha placed his drink down and stormed towards the door, and swung it open, "What is it now?"

"You look like shit," Kikyo stepped passed him and into his house. Her eyes scanned the mess and she grimaced, "A place like this suits you."

Inuyasha locked the door and flopped back on the sofa filling up his glass.

"You know you need to stop drinking," Kikyo suggested.

"Get bent," Inuyasha took another gulp and said in a groggily tone, "What is it this time?"

Kikyo folded her arms on top of her chest, today her hair was tied neatly back into a pony-tale, and she wore a black skirt suit with black heels to match, "The guy you keep hiring Miroku missed three days of work - that's not good since he signed a contract and already got paid for something he didn't do. If he misses another day I'm going to throw him on his ass."

"Something must've happened," Inuyasha leaned his head back against the sofa and shut his eyes, "why are you taking this up with me?"

"Because you vouched for him you piece of shit," Kikyo took the bottle away from him, "If Miroku doesn't fuck; that will fuck us up. We got a good thing going for us with this. We make a lot of money. Unless you want to work in some restaurant making sushi, call your friend - now."

"What's the big deal?" Inuyasha snapped.

"Well," Kikyo threw the bottle aside and spoke to Inuyasha as if he was a little child, "that clipboard I gave you with all the names and stuff - do you remember what audition that was exactly?"

Oh crap...

Inuyasha slouched back and winced.

"You hired Miroku to do the interracial porn movie and he missed three days of work and our star Anita from New York - a real porn star and not some rent owing bitch from outside."

"I'll call him," Inuyasha moaned, "Just let me get my head straight."

"You're going nowhere in this town," Kikyo glared at the sight of him lying fully on the sofa now. "I think I'm going to become independent for a while. You obviously can't take the heat-"

"I have my own shit to deal with," Inuyasha suddenly leaned up and returned her glare. "You don't know what I've been through or what I'm going through."

"Don't confuse me not knowing with not caring," Kikyo shoot her head, "fuck it, you're out; so gone, you AND Miroku."

Kikyo turned around and stormed for the door.

I'm out...

"What the fuck do you mean?" Inuyasha shot up from the sofa and followed her, "you don't want to be partners?"

"You're pitiful," Kikyo swung the door opened and slammed it behind her.

Inuyasha opened it and yelled, "Kikyo, Kikyo!"

Fuck this shit, if she doesn't want me to be her partner that's even fucking better. I'll make a few phone calls and that'll be great. When I go see my brother I'll tell him that I'm going to live with him and there's nothing he can do. I don't want to be porn star director for the rest of my fucking life anyway and with that bitch!

Inuyasha slammed the door and stormed to his kitchen, kicking cartons of food as he went, grabbing his phone he starting dialing.

Be home, be home, and be home, Inuyasha chanted.

"This is Sesshomaru."

"Yes, hey Sesshomaru-"

"I am unable to answer your call. Please leave your name and number and I'll get back to you."

Beep!

Inuyasha slammed his phone down, "What kind of idiot doesn't say bye after he leaves a message, cold bitch. I'll ask dad to give me the money and make a little quicker appearance."

Inuyasha started dialing again.

"Hello, Miroku speaking."

"Miroku," Inuyasha began, "I wanted to ask you-"

"Uh, he's not here right now."

"I know it's you, it's me Inuyasha," Inuyasha yelled. "Stop ducking people!"

"Oh, whoops," Miroku chuckled, "Common mistake."

Common liar...

"Anyway," Inuyasha started, "how would you like to come to New York with me? For good - start a new life and everything?"

"I thought you were calling me about the days I missed. I didn't mean too it's just-"

"Didn't you hear what I just said?" Inuyasha scolded.

"Oh," Miroku's voice trailed. "Run that by me again."

If slow had a face...

"I want to go to New York and I am asking you come with me," Inuyasha paused for a minute. "Do you get it now?"

"I am broke - that cost a lot of money doesn't it?"

"We'll crash into my brother's place - if he tries to kick us out - I'll tell dad. It'll be sweet. I hear New York has all kinds of woman - take your pick."

"If you get the money - I'll agree."

"Solid."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^

Kagome leaned up from her bed and looked at her clock, "Damn I over slept again. Why do I always miss registration?"

Kagome then smiled as she remembered Sesshomaru taking her to her doorstep, and kissed her.

That's why I am late for registration, Kagome thought as she lied back in bed. I was hanging with him last night.

She buried her face in her pillow as she remembered how it happened.

"You want to come up stairs for a little bit," Kagome had asked.

"I can't," Sesshomaru replied, "Because I don't want to play hide my fingers and more," He kissed her forehead. "Call me soon."

She chuckled then as she did chuckled now.

Hide the fingers - that's a classic.

Kagome kicked herself out of bed and stretched, she wore the same thing she wore last night, but with no shoes on, walking to her mirror she shrieked at the sight of herself.

I look a mess. It's definitely time to do some clothes changing and showering.

And right there Kagome stripped and hopped right into her shower after adjusting the shower water to her likely.

I had a good night, Kagome smiled. If it hadn't been for Kouga - everything would've gone much better though. That's the only thing that's left me sore. He's a nice guy - he doesn't deserve that. I was a bitch - and I didn't even mean to be.

Kagome washed herself and then rinsed off, grabbing her robe, she stepped out of the shower and put it on.

Now, Sango said was coming over today...so that mean's clean up time.

Kagome looked at the clothes she carelessly dropped on the floor and picked it up, throwing it in the drawer.

I wonder if I should call Sesshomaru, Kagome thought. If we're dating then it's ok to call, since the whole hunting thing is over. Some prey I must've been. I barely resisted him.

Kagome started making her bed.

I wonder if that's a bad thing. I mean I asked him to come up to my house last night and he replied basically that he didn't want what happened before to happen again so...how should I take that? Should I be pissed thinking that Sesshomaru thinks he can get away with stuff with me and the reason why he didn't come up is because he didn't want to take advantage of that? Ok, now I confused myself.

Kagome finished making her bed and suddenly laid in it.

I can't stop thinking about him...

She smiled as she remembered Sesshomaru dancing with her, how she didn't resist him even when she didn't know it was him.

That's bad...you're bent out of shape over him...

Kagome's eyes zeroed in on his business card on the dresser.

I want to call him to see how he's doing, but...

Kagome reached for his business card, but suddenly turned over...ignoring it.

You can't even wait till he calls you - he doesn't have your number!

Kagome scoffed.

Everything is so stupid. This whole thing...it pisses me off.

"Kagome-chan," Someone yelled from outside her window.

Is that Sango calling me?

Kagome walked to her window and opened it, seeing Sango standing on the steps, "Sango-chan!"

Sango waved, "Throw down the key!"

"Hai," Kagome yelled back as she turned around and grabbed the keys from her dresser, "here!"

Kagome tossed Sango her keys and closed it.

Maybe Sango being here will help me stop thinking about Sesshomaru - to let a little time pass, to give me time to miss him.

Kagome grabbed a brush and began brushing her hair and bang neatly in place as she looked in the mirror.

"You and Sango need to go out and have a good time," Kagome told herself in the mirror, "You need to just get your bearing and come back down to earth before you get hurt - falling in love with a man you barely-"

Sango banged on the door, "Open up!"

Sango...

Kagome put the brushed down and opened the door, "Hey, I'm glad you can make it."

Sango walked right by Kagome and hopped on her bed.

"Hey," Sango kicked off her shoes and lied down.

Something is wrong, Kagome knew as she closed the door.

"Sango-chan," Kagome sat at the end of the bed next to her, "you okay?"

Sango smiled, "Why do you think something is the matter?"

"You're not asking me if I scored last night," Kagome lied down next to her with her face turned to hers, "So, something must be the matter."

Sango turned to face Kagome and put her fingers through her hair, in a low tone, "Did you score with Sesshomaru?"

Kagome shook her head and smiled as she saw her dark hair fall through Sango's pale fingers, "I think I am not going to call him for a while. Give us time to miss each other you know."

Sango nodded.

She looks so sad...all of a sudden. I wonder what could have happened to her. I have to find out, Sango is my friend.

"What do you think on the matter?" Kagome asked after a pause.

"Yea, you don't want to think you are depending on him to be anything for you right? Even if it's only a day-"

"Give it time," Kagome finished. "I agree. I wanted to call, but I stopped myself. I want to spend the whole day with you unless you have other plans with Naraku..."

Sango turned over just then and let out a breath.

Is this alright? To act childish, if something is wrong she should be an adult and tell me. I wonder if something happened between her and Naraku - possibly.

"You know if something is wrong," Kagome said softly, "You have to just come on out and tell me. I am not someone you just met you know. It's me, Kagome-chan."

Sango turned around to face Kagome again and snorted, her eyes lowered and her pale fingers reached for the tip of Kagome's hair.

"What happened with you and Naraku?" Kagome asked as she watched her hair fall through Sango's fingers. "I might be going by a feeling, but I don't know what else could've happened if it's only been a night."

Sango moved closer to Kagome so that her head could rest on her bosom and her arm can wrap around her waist.

Something is definitely the matter.

"Nothing is wrong really," Sango said lowly. "Nothing that...isn't unusual you know. Like nothing that's shocking-"

"So tell me," Kagome asked flat out.

"Naraku..." Sango's voice trailed. "He said he loved me."

Kagome's eyes widened.

Is that supposed to be bad?

"Is that wrong?" Kagome asked immediately.

"Not if you love them back," Sango let out a breath. "It's all about pleasure with Naraku - that guy can take me over the hill and back again. I can't confuse that with love, Kagome. I am not naive."

Kagome began to rake her fingers through Sango's hair as she looked down at her.

I guess you are right. We can't confuse pleasure for love. I think I am falling head over heels for Sesshomaru, but that couldn't possibly be love. Even if I thought it could be, last night and the way he touched me - I am definitely going to give it more time now...certainly. Just in case, like time to see if love is blooming or pleasure. Sango, I hope you get through this...someone as inexperienced as me could only suggest...

"Hey," Kagome smiled down at Sango, "want to go out right now and see some of the city sights. Let's be lesbian lovers for a day. NO men, just you and me."

Sango laughed, "Lesbians for a day?"

"Lesbians for a day," Kagome repeated. "We're going to just have a blast and stop thinking about men and the problems that come with it."

"Lesbians for a day..." Sango grimaced.

"Yea," Kagome nodded, "we will be wonderful lesbians."

Sango laughed, "What the hell is a wonderful lesbian?"

A/N: Hey guys - next chapter will be long. Sorry if I took a while to post this one up. I won't disappoint. Again next chapter might take me a while - bear with me a lil' bit =)