InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Serves you right! ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 20: Serves you right!

The subway ride to Sesshomaru's house was no less than a nightmare. Everyone was so packed together that a person couldn't even hold a grudge. Luckily, it only took Sango and Kagome thirty-five minutes to reach their destination in contrast to those who probably had to transfer to the next train and endure the squeeze longer.

While being on the subway, Sango and Kagome both agreed that there were some things about Japan they would always miss while being in New York; one of them was the fact that the trains in Japan were much cleaner - having to be stuff together in a train was something that couldn't be helped anywhere but at least in Japan there was a much cleaner environment.

When coming up to Sesshomaru's apartment building; Kagome was almost too certain that she wouldn't forget the outside of it - outside, not too far from where she and Sesshomaru had a pretty good argument because he managed to piss her off to the degree where she physically pushed him back.

Sango looked at the elevator signaler and glanced at Kagome as they entered the cart, "What floor does he live on."

Kagome had robotically pressed the top floor button only a moment before Sango had asked. It was too evident that Kagome wouldn't forget only after a day what floor Sesshomaru lived on or his apartment number.

Sango narrowed her eyes on the button Kagome had pressed and grimaced, "So the bastard lives on the top floor eh...talk about wanting to feel like your king of your own castle."

Kagome smirked.

Sesshomaru did seem to like things his way; Kagome realize, and the moment things didn't it seemed to have more of an effect on him than anyone else she came across in her life. She remembered the look on his face after she had pushed him out the way - or his response - thinking Kagome's intent was to make him feel bad.

It isn't; Kagome thought. Why would I want to make someone feel bad or worse...?

As much as Kagome liked Sesshomaru and would've wanted their bud relationship to bloom into a beautiful rose - there were things that could happen in that process that could bring them apart and it did.

When I see Sesshomaru, Kagome grimaced; I wonder what he's going to say. He will probably think I came back to patch things up. I'm sure he's going to be surprised when I tell him that I don't want to talk things through, but just want my keys.

The elevator door opened and they both stepped out, however, Kagome's steps were much slower than Sango's.

Inuyasha will be there too - did I think things through to the fullest extent? I just broke up with Sesshomaru and I'm asking for my keys that I left there after a pretty heated encounter. Then things between me and Inuyasha aren't really over because if I go there he's not going to let me be. I know Inuyasha, he's persistent - he likes things to go his way as well. I wish I didn't need my keys.

"Kagome-san," Sango winced, "is there any reason why you're walking like an extremely old woman?"

"Let's go back," Kagome blurted. "I don't think I can see BOTH of them again. I thought I had all this strength, but I lost it on the train ride."

"Kagome," Sango took her wrist, "stop it."

Kagome scoffed and lightly knocked on the door when they finally approached it.

I don't want to do this, Kagome chanted, I don't want to do this, and I don't! Please - no one be home!

"That's such a pussy way to knock," Sango suddenly banged the door with her fist, "open the door - my friend wants her damn keys."

Kagome clamped her hand over her mouth and her eyes widened.

They're sure to hear the knock now...

Sango noticed Kagome's expression and shook her head, "Look at you Kagome. You know, your favorite color ought to match the Yellow streak down your back."

Kagome removed her hand and stood up straight facing the door, she was too worried about who would answer it than Sango's comment about her ounce of bravery - which seemed even smaller at the moment.

"You're making a mountain out of a grain of sand," Sango grimaced as she saw Kagome's stern facial expression. "You're trying too hard not too look-"

The door opened.

I can't look...

Kagome suddenly shut her eyes.

"Can I help you?"

Kagome suddenly opened her eyes.

Thank the gods...

"Hey," Sango stepped in front of Kagome, "my friend left her keys here. Let us get it and we'll be in and out."

"Miroku," Miroku smiled as he gave out his hand to Sango COMPLETELY ignoring Kagome, "Miroku and available."

Miroku and available...? Kagome was in awe, what kind of pick up line is that?

Sango turned her dark eyes to his hand and winced, "Look, can we come in or-"

Miroku stepped aside supplying room for their passage.

"I'm going to go up," Kagome looked at Miroku and pointed to the staircase, "I'll be done as soon as I can-"

Miroku closed the door and gestured towards the staircase, "Go ahead - it ain't my room."

Kagome raised an eyebrow at Miroku's statement before she glanced at Sango, "I won't be long."

"I'll keep her busy," Miroku nodded to the staircase, "take your time."

I don't trust this guy...

"Sango..." Kagome started.

"The sooner the better Kagome," Sango answered as she noticed her best friend's worried expression.

"Kagome," Inuyasha yelled at the first hearing of her name and rushed out of his room - luckily for everyone else - dressed.

Oh no..., Kagome grimaced.

"Kagome," Inuyasha approached her with an earnest look on his face, "can we - could we-"

"She came for her keys," Sango said sternly. "NOT for her lines in a next porn production."

Sango...

Kagome gave her a look, "Let's be nice ok."

Sango scoffed, "Whatever. I think the time for respect has passed. Go get your keys."

"Oh," Miroku looked at Sango dreamily, "you're so spicy."

"Mind your fucking business," Inuyasha told Sango. "You don't know what's going on or how I feel; just butt-out."

Oh no...Another argument...

"Huh," Sango's jaw dropped. "You got a lot of fucking nerve."

Fine...I'll talk to Inuyasha just to - stop the bloodshed.

"You got some nerve for speaking out of line," Inuyasha snapped. "I won't take any shit from you ok. I don't have to answer to you."

Sango smiled wickedly, "Of course you don't - does anyone in the room look like Kikyo?"

Miroku's eyes widened, "Oh...shit, she went there."

Even Kagome's jaw dropped, "Sango please..."

Inuyasha snapped his jaw shut and looked away, his hands bawled into fists as he fought to hold back statements of his own.

"Get your keys," Sango told her as she helped herself to sit down on the sofa, her eyes then scanned the room, "damn - nice place."

Miroku walked to her, taking a seat beside her, "I'm glad you can see I got style."

Sango eyed him, "That's a damn lie and you know it. This ain't your place so don't act like it is."

"Are you insane?" Miroku gestured the area, "all this is my handy-work."

"Yea," Sango crossed her legs and mumbled. "If your name was Sesshomaru, that is."

Kagome walked up the stairs with Inuyasha behind her.

"Could we talk?" Inuyasha pleaded, "Let me buy you some coffee. Please..."

He's so persistent, Kagome grimaced. Inuyasha sees me walking away ignoring him and he's on my heels like a damn dog. I don't want to talk! However, I said I would to keep him and Sango from getting fired up at each other.

Kagome opened the door to Sesshomaru's bedroom and noticed that it looked the same as it did when she went looking for him, but found Inuyasha instead. Walking around the bed, she found her keys lying flat on the floor.

Sesshomaru...I would've seen him by now. Maybe he's at work or something or walking down the street still pissed at our encounter - who knows.

"Kagome," Inuyasha yelled.

That did it. I have to let him know once and for all...

"Listen," Kagome snapped. "I do not want to be with you anymore! It's over...so much time has come between us and I moved on. Fine, you're not a porn star, but shit - what do you want me to say now? You want me to apologize for running out on you or something - I can't do that. I had every right to when I believed you were doing what you did and it hurt - I lived. It's over."

Inuyasha's jaw dropped and suddenly he looked away saying lowly, "So that's how it is."

Kagome looked in Inuyasha's eyes and noticed it held rivers of sadness and despair that was beyond comparison.

There's nothing I can do...

"Goodbye Inuyasha," Kagome quietly walked to the door.

"I'm not finished," Inuyasha suddenly began.

"It doesn't matter," Kagome gripped the knob and turned it. "There's nothing we can say to each other so why bother?"

"I've got something to say," Inuyasha grabbed her arm and yanked her away from the door.

What the hell!

"Look," Kagome was furious.

"Shut up," Inuyasha snapped. "I told you before what happened and you still don't want to be with me. So that's only telling me that you never wanted to be with me and that you only dealt with me for some reason that I can't even say was love. You didn't let me explain - you probably thought that there was no explanation for something like that, but if you loved me you would've tried to hear me out and you didn't! I don't know what you see in me, but it's obviously not the same thing I see in you."

Kagome's eyes widened at Inuyasha's words.

He...I've never seen him so angry before...

Inuyasha grabbed both of her arms and shook her, "I wanted you for two years and I never pressed you - never did anything that disrespected you. I loved you and treated you like gold and the moment I fuck up you shun me, ran away to a different country for crying out loud! I ought to forget you, drop you like a bad habit but I still love you, and you have nothing to say to me..."

Inuyasha suddenly released her, shaking as head as if to rid him of his own confusion.

Kagome stood there speechless.

I don't know what to say to him. I don't even know what to do. The best thing I can do is just go...

Inuyasha sat at the end of Sesshomaru's bed and let out a breath, "You never loved me. You dealt with me, for too long you dealt with me. I'm asking myself why I had to come all the way to a different country, to find out that no matter what - you just don't want me and on top of that...you're fucking my brother."

It's none of his business but...

"I didn't make love to Sesshomaru," Kagome snapped. "I did love you...once, but now it's just over."

"You know Kagome," Inuyasha formed a smile through the frown on his face, "I wish I did fuck a girl in one of those porn videos now. If I did I know I would be thinking of you, which is funny and scary all at the same time. However, when it all balls down to it, you're not a girl to fuck, you're not a girl to even love - all you know how to do it runaway. So get the fuck out of my sight, you tight pussy bitch."

Kagome could feel her eyes glimmer.

How could he say that to me? How could he be so...

"That's why we're over," Kagome fought hard to hold back her tears. "That's why you and I could never make it in a relationship. You're right, maybe I do runaway but I only do it when I have no reason to consider the ones I'm running away from."

"Get out," Inuyasha said flatly. "You're a weak bitch. I should've fucked Kikyo in your eyes to show you what a real woman does. Heh, funny that Sesshomaru didn't fuck you yet - can anyone? I think you ought to stop fucking with men and show us your dick already. Save us the time..."

Kagome stood there mortified by the words Inuyasha was saying as the tears slowly rolled down her cheeks.

I didn't deserve that...

Kagome walked to the door.

"There she goes," Inuyasha sung, "there she goes again. A girl that ain't been laid - even if to get her paid. Living a long way from Japan, looking like a girl with a dick in her pants."

He's putting me down because he's feeling hurt. He can't even be an adult about this and forget everything. He looks like a damn kid - an angry kid who didn't get his way so he's being a pain in the ass. I can't even imagine taking Inuyasha back; Sesshomaru must've been out his mind when he offered me time to choose between Inuyasha and himself. What the hell was Sesshomaru thinking, true, Sesshomaru is older, but that doesn't always mean wiser.

Kagome suddenly wiped the tears from her face and glared at Inuyasha, "I want to be with a man Inuyasha and you never were one for me. The things I realized I want - you don't have. I'm not going to make myself waste time with you any longer than I have. We both know by now that two years was enough time wasted. So call me a man, think of all the names you can muster, but before I leave I want you to know this-"

Inuyasha turned his golden eyes to her dark ones directly.

"Don't," Kagome continued, "don't say it's my fault that we never did anything in the two years we've been together; don't put it all on me. Oh, and please - seeing a woman fuck a grown ass child is not showing me what a real woman does. This is-"

Kagome walked out of the room and slammed the door behind her.

Wasted tears...ugh wasted everything...

Kagome made her way down the stairs.

I can't believe I cried...now I'm embarrassed.

"You were a porn star," Sango raised an eyebrow, "I don't think you're that good looking for the industry."

"Heh," Miroku chuckled, "men don't need to look wonderful in the porn business. I could show you some video's to prove my point."

Kagome waved her hand at Sango and saw she rose from the sofa to approach her.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Sango asked.

"If you're referring to my keys then yea," Kagome nodded to the door. "Are you ready to go?"

"Wait!" Miroku rose from the sofa too, "can I get your number or something?"

Kagome eyed Sango.

Well, she sure didn't waste anytime getting herself a secret admirer, while Inuyasha and I were settling a dispute.

"Why?" Sango asked wryly. "I don't think you're interesting."

Kagome put her keys in her pocket and wrapped her arms around her chest waiting for Sango.

"Well," Miroku grimaced, "I guess I should thank you for your honesty."

Sango laughed and grabbed a pen from her pocket, "Give me your hand stupid."

Kagome watched as Sango wrote her number on his hand and she snorted.

Shit I want to leave already...!

"Can I keep the pen?" Miroku asked sweetly.

"Oh for crying out loud," Kagome grabbed Sango's arm and yanked her to the door. "I want to leave now."

Inuyasha came out the room and glanced at Kagome momentarily as he made his way to his room. Kagome noticed him and paid his presence no mind.

After what was said between us, Kagome realized. I don't think we'll be speaking to each other again.

"Bye Miroku," Sango laughed as Kagome opened the door and yanked her into the hallway. "I'm coming!"

The door shut behind them and immediately Sango put her arm around Kagome's shoulder.

"So," Sango began as they walked to the elevator. "Did you and the dog prince work things out?"

"Actually," Kagome pressed the elevator signal. "We are on BAD terms. It's his fault - he got real nasty with me."

"I hope you let him have it!" Sango snapped as they entered the elevator.

"Nope," Kagome smiled at the door closed. "I knew that the only reason Inuyasha got the way that he did is because he was hurting and he tried to make me feel as bad as he was feeling and for a moment I did feel terrible, but I didn't let my feelings bring me to his level."

Sango nodded, "Good, good. So..."

"I told him the truth," Kagome shrugged. "It wasn't planned - like I didn't think before I said what I said. What I said came out naturally like a flow and it made me feel good. I wouldn't say I let him have it, I just said something that should've came out sooner than later."

"Yea," Sango and Kagome exited the elevator and walked towards the buildings entrance/exit. "So, you're going to go home now?"

"Yea," Kagome smiled. "I'm tired and I never seem to get up to register for my classes."

"Yea," Sango nodded. "Perhaps I should be on my way home too. I have to clean up and erase the messages Naraku left on my answering machine."

"Oh, right, you and him are over," Kagome grimaced, "why exactly did you break up with him?"

Sango whistled.

Oh, not this again...I ought to let her have it now since I'm reminded of something...

"Look Sango," Kagome stopped and poked Sango in the shoulder. "Stop bull shitting and tell me what's going on with you. I may be a virgin, but that doesn't stop me from being able to give good advice when need be. I have a feeling that you don't tell me stuff in regards to yourself because you think I am so inexperienced - but I am not. So stop whistling and spit it out."

Sango eyes widened as she looked at Kagome's stern facial expression.

Yup...I mean business...

"You think that?" was all Sango asked.

Heh, like she can turn THIS around.

"What the hell do you think?" Kagome poked her shoulder as she said, "You-make-me-feel-that-way."

Sango suddenly frowned, "I didn't know that."

"Well," Kagome snorted as she wrapped her arms around her chest. "You learn something new EVERYDAY."

Sango suddenly took Kagome's hand and forced her to walk with her down the block.

Oh no...

"Sango," Kagome snatched her hand back. "Can't you tell me?"

Sango suddenly moaned, "I am embarrassed, ok? I give off this persona that I'm strong-willed, I guess I am but sometimes I feel that certain decisions I make are not that strong so I keep it to myself - happy?"

"What decisions?"

Sango moaned, "I don't want to get into that right now."

So, if that's the case.

"Sango give me twenty-dollars," Kagome gave out her hand.

"Uh," Sango winced and went into her pocket, "Ok..."

Sango gave her the twenty.

Now...that I have money...

"Sango, call me when you're ready to trust me," Kagome suddenly stuck her arm out to hailed a cab, "Because I'm hurt by your statement."

"Oh come on," Sango moaned. "I told you..."

Kagome got into the cab that approached her, "You told me nothing and you know it. Sayonara."

The cab drove off.

"Well," Sango yelled, "you're not that hurt to borrow twenty-dollars!"

Kagome rolled down the window and yelled back, "I never asked to borrow anything. Bye!"

Sango stomped her foot down, "Why you..."

Kagome chuckled as she turned around to look at Sango.

Serves you right!

~*~

"I want to watch it while I eat," Kouga turned the TV to the direction of the dinner table. "What have you got against the movie?"

Sesshomaru shut his eyes and smelled the food cooking the in the pot.

Surprisingly, Sesshomaru thought. It smells quite good.

"Don't you have anything else?" Sesshomaru suddenly opened his eyes to look at Kouga coming back to the table with a remote in his hand. "You're a grown man - what are you doing with a movie like that in your collection?"

"It's a classic," Kouga shrugged, "don't you appreciate the old stuff?"

Sesshomaru glared at the movie beginning, "You really ought to get a better DVD collection."

"Look," Kouga lifted the lid off the pot with a dish cloth and sniffed the food. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the first movie is fucking awesome."

"Aren't you supposed to cater to the wishes of your guest?" Sesshomaru glanced at the plate Kouga placed in front of him from the cabinet. "I told you one of the movies I'd rather watch."

"I can't watch Bambi alright," Kouga stirred the food in the pot with a spoon. "It makes me all weird."

"Bambi is a movie about the animal's perspective of being hunted," Sesshomaru pointed out. "I don't know why you feel weird."

"Nah," Kouga suddenly turned the fire off to the food. "I was watching that shit when I was a kid and it made me cry - Bambi's mother telling him to -"

"Spare me," Sesshomaru glanced at the TV. "Turtles living in a sewer; I wonder whose bright idea was that."

"So you want to see part 2," Kouga asked suddenly, "vanilla ice is in it!"

"If for any reason you wonder why you're a single man, don't."

"Whatever," Kouga picked up Sesshomaru's plate from the table. "Taste this."

"What is it?" Sesshomaru glanced at it and looked back up at Kouga. "It smells good, but-"

"It's Kouga's surprise," Kouga chuckled as he put more on Sesshomaru's plate. "It may look like slop-"

"It does look like slop," Sesshomaru corrected and pushed the plate away, "I can't bring myself to eat it."

"If you do," Kouga smiled wickedly, "I'll turn off TMNT and negotiate with you on the entertainment."

Well...

"Done," Sesshomaru agreed.

"Solid!"

~*~

Kagome put her keys in her door and suddenly turned around, noticing Kouga's door cracked.

What is he doing? Kagome thought. Wait...

Kagome pulled her keys out her door and paused.

I told myself that I would apologize to Kouga, Kagome remembered. So I might as well just get on with it, while he's home. I've been letting my feelings out a lot today so I might as well go on and do it with Kouga too.

Kagome lightly pushed opened the door, "Excuse me, Kouga-kun...

Kagome eyes scanned and stopped right at the direction of the kitchen table.

I can't believe my eyes...

Sesshomaru turned around and saw Kagome standing in the doorway and got up from the table, "Kagome-sama..."

"Sesshomaru," Kagome shook her head, as if to shake off the illusion of Kouga and Sesshomaru together that her eyes MUST have been making. "Sesshomaru - what are you doing here?"

"Eating," Kouga said as he dipped a slice of bread in his bowl, "We're eating `Kouga's Surprise'. You see, it has like different meats; different vegetables packed together in a stew. Want some? There's plenty more."

Kagome's lip twitched as if to speak, but nothing came out as she turned to the television set.

What! They're watching...

"I need to talk to you," Sesshomaru began as Kagome stared at the TV. "I waited a while for you to come back. I don't want us too be at odds-"

"I love this movie!" Kagome sat at the table. "Kouga, you're collection is awesome."

"You really think so?" Kouga chuckled. "Sesshomaru don't think so."

Kagome glanced at Sesshomaru and asked, "How could anyone think `Aladdin' is a bad movie?"

"Jasmine is hot," Kouga nodded. "Damn hot."

Sesshomaru grimaced, "It's the damn Genie. Robin Williams is annoying on and off camera."

Kagome and Kouga gave Sesshomaru a look.

"So do you want some stew?" Kouga asked.

"Sure," Kagome said cheerfully.

Sesshomaru is going to get his, but not yet. I'm going to be real particular with him.

"Kagome, I thought we were going to talk," Sesshomaru grimaced at the way Kouga filled her plate. "I've been waiting for a while to speak with you-"

"Shush!" Kagome brought the stew to her lips with a spoon. "Don't talk during a classic American film."

Sesshomaru sat down and snorted, "It's not a classic."

"All time favorite then," Kouga suggested and Kagome looked at them.

All time favorite...

Kagome and Kouga started laughing.

"That'll work," Kagome ate more of her stew.

I know Sesshomaru is dying...serves him right!

A/N: I just want to make a few announcements. Ok, first, I want to tell you guys/gals who love Inuyasha (the series not actual character...LOL) about a site out that has everything - all the anime summaries and the manga summaries for all those who can't WAIT for the America version on television anymore. This is the site:

(http://furinkan.com/iycompanion/intro/)

I also want to apologize to one of the reviewers who said I had some spelling errors - I try to reread what I write to make sure there aren't any mistakes, but I guess I don't catch everything so I hope that doesn't draw anyone away from the story.

Another thing site I'd like to give you guys/girls is:

(http://groups.msn.com/SesshoumaruShrine/)

This site has some wonderful photos of Sesshomaru - one of the best sites around. They even have some funny photos where Kikyo is holding up a sign saying, "I see dead people" while Kagome and Naraku are in the back. It's awesome. Also, I wanted to show you all a photo of the hottest Japanese guy to me alive. His name is Kamijo.

This is what he looks like, (http://members.fortunecity.com/kamijo/jpics/la_kamijo18.jpg)

Another photo of him, below.

(http://members.fortunecity.com/kamijo/jpics/la_kamijo1.jpg< /u>)

Thank you for reading. I hope to update very soon!

Please review, good and bad opinions are welcomed.