InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Confession ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 21: Confession

Inuyasha lied on top of his bed and stared up at the ceiling, his golden eye were dim, and silver hair was tussled. He had been there ever since him and Kagome's heated encounter and even he was sure - that was a place he'd probably remain.

Why did this have to happen? Inuyasha wondered. I was so happy to escape Japan and forget everything - now when I come here it's just a nightmare I can't forget about, can't even wake from.

There was a knock at the door.

Inuyasha didn't even lean his head up.

Kagome is seeing my brother, Inuyasha realized. He'll invite her here, sleep with her here, caress her here, laugh with her here - be happy with her. Sesshomaru will do what I never did - what I don't have a chance at anymore. I feel like my whole world is crashing down and that's only half of it. I know there's going to be more pain on its way.

Miroku opened the door slowly and winced at his best friend lying down.

Maybe I should just go back to Japan and continue directing porn. I made a lot of money doing it - enough to have an apartment in Tokyo, which is cool. I don't have a future, today just proved it. Nothing ever goes right for me - nothing.

"Inuyasha," Miroku began, "did you and Kagome have a fight?"

I wanted to hurt her; Inuyasha suddenly remembered what he said. I wanted to hurt Kagome as much as she hurt me standing there and not even considering taking me back. I didn't mean what I said, but I know Kagome did. I could see it in her eyes. So what am I doing here? I should go back to Japan. I don't want to see her happy with Sesshomaru. I wish she would be happy with me - that won't happen. She just won't take me back.

"No," Inuyasha said dryly, "we just settled a dispute. She doesn't give a shit about my confession - she won't take me back, and she didn't even bring up a subject of friendship. On top of that, she-"

"Look stop," Miroku sat at the end of the bed by him, "you're depressing me. So she wouldn't take you back - it happens. Not everyone is blessed to stay together forever, it sucks, and that's why they call it life. In the word life; itself, is short, try to see it as a double meaning. You can't dwell in the past - what's over is done. Look forward to the future, you could die any day, you know."

"I wish I was dead now," Inuyasha said lowly.

"For Kagome-sama," Miroku proclaimed. "Are you serious?"

"She's beautiful-"Inuyasha answered.

"She's alright," Miroku mumbled.

"She's smart." Inuyasha added.

"I see no degrees," Miroku pointed out, "and I do mean NO degrees."

"She has a good heart."

"Not a forgiving one" Miroku said under his breath.

Inuyasha leaned up, "What?"

"Nothing," Miroku cleared his throat, "alls I'm saying is that you need to go out and meet someone else. I sure hope you're not thinking about going back to Japan."

Inuyasha lied back down and grimaced.

"I like it here," Miroku got up and stretched, "I want to see all that this city has to offer. I am tired of eating rice everyday - Sake on occasions. I want to have hard drinks, woman with implants, all races - everything while I am young and hot."

Inuyasha, side-eyed Miroku momentarily.

"If you," Miroku suddenly glared at Inuyasha, "let Kagome ruin that for you then you're a fool. If Kagome can move on then so can you - and you will! Think of it as something that was meant to be - be happy for Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru needs a woman in his life; all that hard work and barely any play. Rin told me a few minutes ago that they watch Teletubbies together."

Inuyasha grimaced.

Teletubbies? What the hell is Teletubbies? Inuyasha wondered.

Miroku placed his hands in a prayer position, "The man is in need of help."

"Alright fine," Inuyasha leaned up, "so what if I should be happy that Sesshomaru has a girlfriend - it shouldn't be my girlfriend. Why couldn't it be someone else?"

Miroku shrugged, "You don't have a girlfriend. Once you keep telling yourself that, everything should fall into place and you can be free like an American bald eagle."

Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, "Chant that I am single and I should feel better is what you mean?"

Miroku nodded, "When you do then it'll come to you, it'll all come to you that you're single and free, god's gift to women - anything."

"That's stupid," Inuyasha scoffed, "how in the fuck could that work?"

Rin peaked through the door holding her teddy bear.

"Try it," Miroku then started, "I don't have a girlfriend; I don't have a girlfriend - come on Inuyasha. Say it with me."

Inuyasha suddenly mumbled, "I don't have a girlfriend, I don't have a girlfriend..."

Miroku and Inuyasha began to chant it in tune with one another.

Rin blinked, "Can I play?"

Inuyasha suddenly stopped and glanced at Rin in the doorway.

This is so fucking humiliating...

"Sure," Miroku took her hand and brought her into the room with him, "but you have to say it with feeling."

Rin nodded, "Ok."

"I'm not doing it with her here," Inuyasha wrapped his arms around his chest.

"Did I ruin the game?" Rin frowned.

God damn it...

"No..." Inuyasha glared at Miroku.

Miroku smiled, "Shall we begin from the top then?"

"I don't have a girlfriend," all three began.

I don't have a life, Inuyasha thought wryly.

~*~

"Oh my gosh," Kagome patted her stomach, "that was so delicious."

"You really think so?" Kouga blushed, "I'm glad."

Sesshomaru had been sitting down at the table with his arms on top of his chest and his eyes lowered to the small portion of stew he didn't finish on his plate. It had been two hours and even then Sesshomaru showed admirable patience as Kagome and Kouga talked amongst themselves.

He's dying, Kagome smiled to herself. It's killing him to be here and have me and Kouga socialize like this. I'm surprised that Sesshomaru hardly said anything; I wonder why he's quiet now. He and Kouga was talking when I came in, he shouldn't stop on the sake of me.

"I can't cook this good," Kagome yawned. "I know how to make some things, but not like this."

"I put a little beer in it too," Kouga said.

"Really," Kagome's eyes widened. "I couldn't tell."

"I read somewhere that the Irish do it with their stews," Kouga shrugged, "so I figured what-the-hell, might as well try it with mine."

Kagome glanced at Sesshomaru and saw him take a deep breath.

Ok, Sesshomaru's not going to last very long so I better have a little bit of mercy - save room for the other punishments.

"Good idea," Kagome rubbed her temples. "However, I should be getting back now."

"Yea," Kouga nodded, "this guy has been waiting for you for quite sometime - even in the rain. I saw his ass sitting down just getting soaked...that's got to be tough especially that early in the morning."

Kagome grimaced.

That means Sesshomaru must've arrived the moment after I did to have been caught in the rain. He...came after me, after our fight...

"Come on Sesshomaru," Kagome took his hand and when his golden eyes met hers, she smiled. "Let's go."

Sesshomaru nodded as he got up.

"Thanks for having us Kouga," Kagome waved as she and Sesshomaru walked to the door.

"Anytime," Kouga waved back.

Kagome closed the door behind her and suddenly grimaced.

Sesshomaru didn't say thank you...

Kagome turned around to see if Sesshomaru was standing behind her, but he wasn't - he didn't leave with her.

Damn...he must be still inside.

Before Kagome could open the door, Sesshomaru suddenly opened it with Kouga behind him, ready to lock it afterwards.

"See you again Kagome," Kouga said before he shut his door.

Ok...that was really weird...

Kagome let out a breath and put her keys into her lock, turning it.

I wonder why he hasn't said anything yet...

Kagome opened her door and held it for Sesshomaru, allowing him to enter, before shutting and locking it behind him.

Ok...now...let's see where this encounter is going to take us.

Kagome sat at the end of her bed and Sesshomaru leaned his back against the wall, his long silver hair fell over his shoulders and his golden eyes were lowered.

So he's not going to say anything, Kagome realized. But when he saw me enter Kouga's house - he said stuff. I suppose it's because I ignored him before. So he's waiting on me, and I think it's time for him to get what's coming to him.

"You got a lot of nerve telling me about my feelings," Kagome began, "You may be older than me, but not that wiser to know that you shouldn't do that with anybody."

Sesshomaru moved his golden eyes to her direction.

"I saw Inuyasha today because I left my keys in your bedroom," Kagome continued. "I thought I would see you there and to be honest I don't think I would've any words for you, but since I saw you waiting for me - I thought it would be ok to hear you out upon letting you wait longer to talk to me, while Kouga and I watched, Aladdin. I had it out with Inuyasha, it got more nasty then I thought it would've, he said some things that took him to the point of no return."

"So, is it because of that that you're allowing yourself to speak to me?" Sesshomaru asked in his deep voice.

Are you kidding?

"No," Kagome glared at him. "Let me finish and stop acting like you know what's going on here."

Sesshomaru looked away.

"I told Inuyasha that I don't want to be with him," Kagome said simply. "I told him that the time for us to be together is over, perhaps, it's something that was never meant to be and I do love him because there was a time where he and I were friends. I don't think I can forgive what he said, but I understand because he was hurt that I didn't want to be with him. I didn't tell him that because of you."

Sesshomaru looked at her again.

"I don't want to be with Inuyasha and it isn't because of you. If you want to know what is because of you - where do I begin? Maybe it was you in a sense - because of you I was able to know what I want. I never had a man make me feel like you have - you awakened something inside of me," Kagome suddenly let out a breath, "I like being with you. I like being beside you. I don't want to lose that, but I'll have to if you stand there and tell me I don't know what I want. Don't you know what you want?"

"Of course," Sesshomaru said lowly.

Kagome suddenly got up and approached him, in front of him now, their eyes met.

"I'm sorry," Sesshomaru suddenly looked away from her gaze. "I just didn't want you to feel as though you should ignore whatever feelings you have for Inuyasha for me. I don't want us to be at odds. I do want to work things out between us."

Kagome touched the side of Sesshomaru's face with her finger tips and lightly turned his face to face hers.

"I do want you," Kagome said softly. "I want all of you, do you want me? If so, how can I believe you do if you're willing to give me time away from you. I don't want to be away from you."

Kagome felt Sesshomaru's gaze as she placed her hands on his chest, and pulled down the zipper to his jacket slowly.

"I don't want you away from me," Sesshomaru took a deep breath as he felt Kagome's lips pressed against his neck. "I want you right here."

"Where," Kagome breathed as she brought her kisses down to his collarbone. "Tell me."

"By my heart," Sesshomaru answered.

"Why?" Kagome leaned up and kissed the corner of his lips, her hands began to slide under his shirt, feeling his warm and hard chest.

"Because I love you, Kagome-sama," Sesshomaru frowned as he saw Kagome pull away from him to meet his eyes with her own. "Is that wrong to say?"

He said he loves me... Kagome grimaced. Did I hear it wrong?

"What's the matter?" Sesshomaru asked when he noticed her confused expression. "Is that bad?"

Kagome suddenly frowned.

"You don't have to lie and say you love me back," Sesshomaru stated. "I just wanted to tell you what I feel when I was sure."

He loves me...

"Don't you think it's too early to tell?" Kagome asked lowly. "Our last encounter wasn't our first fight, you know?"

"Are you saying I should've delayed?" Sesshomaru was defensive. "I wanted to tell you when I knew and I know. You need time to sort things out perhaps, but I'm not that way. If you're shocked then too bad or, perhaps, you haven't truly forgiven me for what I said outside of my apartment."

For the past minutes...that didn't even cross my mind. What he said seems to have overwhelmed me too much to think of anything else.

"Can't you answer me?" Sesshomaru reprimanded.

Kagome suddenly looked up at him and said it as if it was the most natural thing to say in the world, "I love you too."

Sesshomaru taken aback as he stuttered, "You didn't have to say it because I said it."

"Don't be ridiculous," Kagome scolded as she sat back down on the end of her bed. "I was battling whether or not I loved you for a long time. Now when I say it, it's more like a confession to me. I just wish I knew what happens now."

Sesshomaru stared at Kagome for a moment before he kneeled down in front of her, placing her hand in his.

Sesshomaru...

"Sesshomaru," Kagome whispered as their eyes met and she felt his grip on her hand tighten.

"Anything can happen now," Sesshomaru suddenly brought her hand to his lips. "Anything you want."

Kagome watched Sesshomaru suddenly rise up from his knees, gripping her shoulders, he brought her up to his chest where he held her tight. Kagome shut her eyes, and gave into his strong embrace.

"Do you still want me?" Sesshomaru asked softly when he leaned his head down to her ear.

"I do," Kagome suddenly opened her eyes as he brought her away so that their eyes were able to meet once more. "So..."

"Can I have you, Kagome-sama?"

Have me...make love to me he must mean... I suddenly feel nervous.

"I don't know," Kagome swallowed. "I think I'm kind of scared."

"Then you do love me," Sesshomaru smiled. "Passion made you eager before because it involves solely body to body. Now, you're working with heart to heart."

"Passion is easier," Kagome paused as she felt Sesshomaru's soft lips against her neck, then an uneasy laugh followed. "I really am nervous."

"Kagome-sama," Sesshomaru then whispered in her ear. "We can mix love and passion."

"Mix," Kagome grimaced.

Sesshomaru kissed her forehead, "Now that we know the love is there. I need you to receive me."

Kagome suddenly let out a breath, "Is it truly alright now?"

Sesshomaru smiled wickedly as he unbuckled her jeans.

So, it's going to happen now...

Sesshomaru pulled down her jeans with her panties attached.

"I'll be gentle with you," Sesshomaru said softly as he slid his hands under her shirt, "My love."

Kagome let out another breath when she felt his strong hands grip her breast, "Is it alright? There times where-"

"It's alright now," Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around her way and brought her closer to his chest. "The moment you feel it isn't - tell me."

Kagome smiled briefly.

I never was good at saying no to you...

A/N: You guessed it! The moment you've all been waiting for will be held in the next chapter. I stopped it here because I like to give my fans a little warning, hoping, everyone who reads the lemon will be of age but I doubt that, LOL. So this is a cliffy and I will make the lemon as hot as possible. Don't get angry - it really is a good thing that I stopped here. Review and thanks!