InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Under the gun ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 27: Under the gun

"Get down and shut up," It wasn't a request as Naraku slammed the door behind him and locked it.

Kagome stood frozen; her eyes went from the gun in Naraku's hand to Naraku himself.

"Do it," Naraku ordered sharply and that's when Kagome dropped to the floor as if she lost her legs.

Oh god... Kagome thought.

"You too," Naraku jerked the gun towards Inuyasha's direction, "on the floor."

"Like hell I will you bastard," Inuyasha said coldly as his fists bawled.

Is he crazy? Kagome was not only afraid for herself, but for Inuyasha; he was disobeying a lunatic.

"I won't tell you again," Naraku aimed the gun towards Inuyasha's head. "I won't miss."

"INUYASHA GET DOWN," Kagome yelled at the top of her lungs from the floor, she didn't realize it, but she was sweating. "Get down!"

Inuyasha glanced at Kagome and grunted a little as he slowly made his way to the floor.

"That's a good idiot," Naraku chuckled. "I say idiot because only an idiot would challenge a man with a gun. Especially, when one shot is all it takes, one good shot at an equally good location to bring about your demise."

Kagome felt sick, maybe from the fear that was blossoming even more so in her body. What was Naraku's intention? Obviously, it had something to do with Sango heavenly, but what was to happen to Sango? What was to happen to everyone else?

"You try to be a nice guy," Naraku began as he sat at the arm of the sofa, gun pointed at Kagome. "You be nice to your girlfriend's friends, please her sexually and offer to give her the world - for what; a random break-up call? Is that fair?"

Kagome's eyes moved to get a glimpse of Naraku's face.

What was the word for that expression? The English term, what was it - wistful?

"It happens to everyone pal," Inuyasha grumbled. "Suck it up."

Why is Inuyasha testing him? Kagome was even more struck by fear.

Naraku turned his eyes towards Inuyasha and flashed a devilish grin, "I am not everyone. I am not anyone. You and soon Sango will live to regret her mistake - whole-heartedly. In fact, the minute she walks into the door."

"What are you going to do?" Kagome asked lowly, so low that she hoped Naraku wouldn't shoot her for speaking alone.

Instead, somewhere in Naraku's eyes interest sparked and his smile became even more overwhelmed with evil as he said, "Many things. I was watching outside, the car rolled up and Sesshomaru, Kouga with two other walking losers came out of it. It was my intent to just try to confront Sango again peacefully, but no... I had to think of something else-"

Kagome eyes observed Naraku's face and she could see the evident bruises left from he and Sango's previous quarrel.

Damn...

"I had this gun for quite sometime now," Naraku continued. "I figured that had I showed up, things would only get physical and nothing accomplished so...why not take things by force? It was the perfect solution to my problem-"

"But what are you going to do exactly," Inuyasha asked, Kagome half admired him. Inuyasha didn't present any sign of fear in his voice.

"You'll see," Naraku promised. "It shouldn't be long now. Heh, neither was the moment for me to make my entrance. See, ten minutes after the rest of you left...I paid a nice little chubby boy who lived in the apartment on the other side to throw a brick at the window for a hundred dollars. It was enough to throw you two off...make you consider, oh let's just say, `opening the door' setting all the evils confined in Pandora's Box loose."

"I didn't see a brick," Inuyasha said lowly. "He might have used something else. All I saw was glass-"

"Regardless," Naraku walked to the door suddenly at the first sound of footsteps. "It got the job done."

Is that them? Kagome wondered. No, please don't be...but they're going to come back. Damn it...Naraku...why is he...why can't he let it end!

Naraku suddenly snapped in a whisper, "Kagome, get up now - you too Goldie."

Goldie? He must be referring to Inuyasha's eyes. This is their first time meeting...hopefully not their last.

Kagome and Inuyasha both did as they were told. Now that Kagome was up, Naraku grabbed her by her arm - edging the gun up from behind her back he pulled her with him to the side of the front door.

"Owe..." Kagome moaned from the roughness of the gun.

"Don't hurt her," Inuyasha snapped.

"Then have a seat on the sofa," Naraku said coolly, "and as they enter...act natural."

"Look," Inuyasha glanced at Kagome's scared expression. "Can't we just talk about this - you're scaring her!"

"Sit down," Naraku snapped. "I assure you that it's better for her to be scared than shot."

It was true, Inuyasha knew that and so did Kagome. It was almost too evident that there wasn't an easy way to escape the current situation. Like a vortex, everyone was going to be dragged in.

Damn it, could things get any worse!

There was laughter on the outside of the door.

"Open the door for me, just reach in my pocket and get the keys," Sango said.

"Let me hold the boxes and you can do it yourself," that was Kouga.

"I can handle it," Sango reprimanded.

"I want to check her pockets," Miroku said sweetly.

"This is hopeless," Kouga moaned.

"You're all being ridiculous," Sesshomaru said annoyed. "I'll open the door-"

"No," Miroku said quickly. "Me!"

"Okay," Kouga snorted, "I'm just going to knock-"

"Great idea," Sango snorted.

"Oh gee, thanks cock-blocker," Miroku said lowly.

There was a knock.

Naraku glanced at Inuyasha and Inuyasha shut his jaw tight as he got up from the sofa.

It was evident Inuyasha had to open the door and let them all in, and he did.

"We got pizza," Sango said holding the boxes. "It's something we all can enjoy since there're a lot of people here - say, where's Kagome?"

Sango... Kagome frowned. You don't deserve this...none of us do.

Sesshomaru entered the house slowly and he and Inuyasha's golden eyes met simultaneously.

"Ok," Kouga said as he walked to the kitchen, "I'm going to try to get some plates."

Sesshomaru grimaced and Inuyasha frowned.

I hope Naraku doesn't decide to...

Miroku flopped down next to Inuyasha, unaware of his expression as he said, "Damn, I'm starving. I take it that look on your face is a side effect from hunger, eh?"

Sesshomaru was the only one able to detect that there was a problem when he asked Inuyasha, "What's wrong? Where is Kagome?"

Naraku kicked the door closed from behind them, gun still poking Kagome in the back.

"On no," Sango said lowly as the boxes of pizza slid from her hands as if it was sautéed by butter.

Sesshomaru's jaw dropped and then it shut again. No one had expected this occurrence, it showed in all of the new member's eyes; Kouga's eyes widened at the sight of Naraku, though he didn't see the gun - he acknowledged its existence. Miroku stood frozen, as if he was stuck in his own train of thought - trying to understand the situation, trying to bring it into reality because it was hard to believe.

"Naraku..." Sesshomaru glared at him, he didn't even look at Kagome. "What is the meaning of this?"

Naraku roughly pushed Kagome towards Sesshomaru, but it wasn't Sesshomaru that caught her - it was Sango. Sango had moved faster, just in time to salvage her. Kagome looked up at Sango from in her arms and there she heard her best friend whisper...

"I'm sorry Kagome-sama," Sango let Kagome go once she caught her own balance.

"Sango..." Kagome gasped. "No..."

Kagome and Sango's eyes locked momentarily and then Sango looked away; Kagome knew that whatever happened that night - Sango would blame herself forever.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," Kagome snapped as she took her hand and held it tightly. "You're not the one to blame."

"Nice," Naraku said coldly as he raised the gun to Kagome. "Now back away from my girlfriend and go back to your prince over there."

This time Sango gripped Kagome's hand back even tighter as she yelled, "I'm not your girlfriend!"

"Yes you are," Naraku yelled.

"No I am NOT," Sango let go of Kagome's hand and faced Naraku fully. "I dumped you remember?"

Oh shit...

Kagome clasped her hands to her mouth as if the words slipped from her own lips, at that moment Sesshomaru grabbed her arm from behind her and pulled her back - closer to his chest.

Sesshomaru...

Kagome looked up at him and saw that Sesshomaru's eyes were not focused on hers, but Naraku.

"Is it just me," Naraku said annoyed, "or am I the only one who remember who's got the gun! Don't make me aim at anyone's forehead."

"What are you going to do with Sango?" Miroku asked lowly. "She doesn't want to be with you."

Naraku stormed towards Miroku and all Kagome could hear was herself yelling, "Don't shoot anyone please!"

Sango gasped, "Oh my god," turning her face away suddenly, but Naraku only back-handed Miroku in his face so hard that it bruised the side of it.

"Hey," Inuyasha stepped forward and Naraku slapped him in the face with his front hand.

"I'm the one with the gun here," Naraku reminded as he made it move side to side in midair with his hand. "DO NOT fuck with me on this."

It was true. Naraku would kill them, and they all had been acting without caution.

Sesshomaru snorted, perhaps, it was he who was feeling it more than any slap. He was a proud man, to be held up by a gun and powerless...was just difficult to cope with even for him.

"So what do you want," Sango snapped. "Don't toy with us. If you want me then take me - don't hurt anyone here."

Oh no...I can't even imagine Sango going anywhere with this guy. He' crazy - most decent men wouldn't have gone this far. Leave it alone! Why couldn't Naraku just leave it alone? Just let Sango be...

Naraku smiled the same smile he had smiled previously - disturbing, evil-smile that maybe only he could make out of everyone in the room.

"Naraku," Sesshomaru began in such scorn. "How can you be so shameless?"

Naraku's smile vanished and he aimed the gun for Sesshomaru's forehead.

Kagome saw and her heart gave out - Sesshomaru was in danger so suddenly and from her lips it came out as a whisper, along with warms tears that ran down like two single raindrops...

"Please don't shoot him," Kagome swallowed just then, Sesshomaru didn't look at Kagome or anyone else; his eyes remained on Naraku - locking with his as if he couldn't bring them to part with him even if he wanted to.

"You always thought you were so noble," Naraku said coldly in a low tone of voice. "Even in college you would have this thing about you - something that always told you not to act a certain way...something that pulled you back from living-"

"Something that pulled me back from doing something unnecessary," Sesshomaru corrected. "My behavior is unique."

"Shut up," Naraku yelled. "You are nothing. I don't know why I asked you to become my partner. I must've been out of my mind," Naraku suddenly bawled his fist and his voice relaxed. "So you honestly believe you are better by some means-"

"All," Sesshomaru responded quickly. "Look at how you're behaving. Like some madman, show some dignity, show some pride - or can you?"

"You show us something," Naraku smiled again, and it made Kagome sick. "Tonight is your night Sesshomaru. It's everyone's your night to be humiliated, or shot."

Humiliated or shot, Kagome frowned. Then it came back to Kagome.

"What are you going to do?" Kagome had asked.

"Many things," Naraku answered.

Humiliate us how...whatever it is...it's better than being shot.

"Naraku," Sango said lowly. "Is this really necessary? Did you hear me before when I said I would go with you? Let's go ok? These people are boring and whatever you want to do...get it over with. Don't make anyone's life difficult for something that concerns only you and me."

"Relax," Naraku let out a laugh and turned his eyes to Kagome. "Kagome-san..."

"Leave her alone," Inuyasha began lowly. "If you want to humiliate someone here then let it be me okay? Let her leave...I don't know what you want to do, but just let her go."

Sesshomaru glanced at Inuyasha sideways momentarily.

What's he going to do?

"Yes?" Kagome asked softly. She avoided all the eyes that turned to her, even ones filled with fear like Inuyasha's and Sango's. Sesshomaru's eyes were too different...it wasn't that Kagome thought he didn't care - it just wasn't in his character.

"Undress yourself," Naraku said casually. "Let us all get a glimpse of your pale skin."

"Like hell she will," Sesshomaru snapped. "Don't ask her to do that. Have you lost your mind or something? Get a grip and stop your nonsense!"

Naraku aimed the gun at Sesshomaru's head again and he froze; Naraku then turned his face towards Kagome and told - not asked, "Get undressed. If you don't get undressed, I'll shoot his brains out."

Kagome swallowed hard as she started slowly removing her garments. To her, the room felt a lot colder.

Inuyasha didn't say anything...he just watched, Miroku looked away and so did Kouga. Sango clasped her hand to her mouth and turned her dark eyes to Naraku as she saw her friend was down to her bra and panties.

"Stop," Naraku ordered as Kagome was about to pull down a bra strap. "That'll be all for now."

Kagome's face was expressionless, it was almost as if she tried to separate her mind from her body - tried to detach herself from the watchful eyes.

"Kagome," Sesshomaru began, but to Kagome his voice was so distant. "You are better than all of us."

Kagome grimaced for a moment, although his voice seemed distant, she still was able to understand what he was saying, or did she?

"You are better than all of us."

"What?" Kagome found herself asking after a pause.

"Oh, that's helpful Sesshomaru," Sango said coldly, she was trying to fight back her tears. "Naraku...you're just - what did I ever see in you."

"You thought I was wonderful in bed," Naraku proclaimed sweetly. "I think you were awesome as well. You were the only girl I've been with who didn't lay there like a dead fish."

Sango snorted and looked away.

"What's the meaning of this?" Miroku asked. "Could she please put her clothes back on - properly?"

Naraku suddenly looked at Inuyasha almost marveling Kagome's figure, "What's your name?"

Inuyasha turned his eyes to Naraku and said coldly, "Call me god."

Sesshomaru chuckled, it was inappropriate, but it was an answer he didn't expect at all. He never got along with his brother, but even he'd admit Inuyasha could say the most inappropriate things.

"Get real," Naraku said coldly. "Judging from the way Kagome called it when she ordered you to get down-"

"Inuyasha," Inuyasha answered angrily. "Inuyasha - want me to write it down for you?"

"Inuyasha, you're the ex-boyfriend of Kagome," Naraku laughed. "How interesting is that? Sango told me in bed about how you were a porn star and broke her friend Kagome's heart. Maybe you might understand me - being that one who was pushed to the curb. Being a porn star is nothing to be frowned upon."

"I am nothing like you," Inuyasha made himself clear. "You and I are worlds apart. I wouldn't do what you're doing. Kagome and I aren't like that anymore-"

"Did you fuck her?" Naraku asked with a smile.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Sango yelled.

"Oh my god," Kouga let out a breath. "This guy is gone..."

Kagome turned her eyes to Naraku as if to try to predict what was to follow, but it was to no avail.

What is he implying?

"Are you suggesting my brother take her in front of us?" It was Sesshomaru who had asked.

"Oh come on," Miroku stood up from the sofa. "That's ridiculous. Don't do that to that poor girl. It is one thing to be obsessed with Sango, but it's another to-"

"You know," Naraku aimed the gun at Miroku. "I have this obscene hatred for you."

He's going to shoot him.

"Miroku," Inuyasha suddenly yelled when Naraku pulled the trigger, Miroku jumped out the way, but not in time - his hand was shot and blood burst right out of it upon Naraku hitting it.

"Shitttttttttttttttttt!" Miroku gripped his right hand as he yelled. The bullet went right through it...causing a hole to surface.

Everything happened so quickly then after.

Sesshomaru leaped for Naraku the moment he suspected his guard was down and there they were wrestling with the gun, the gun between them was held down to the floor by Sesshomaru's strength alone so in the event it was fired - the aim was way off. It was the best he could do until he got hold of the gun.

Inuyasha ran to Miroku and looked at his hand, "Oh my god..."

"We need to get him to a hospital," Kouga yelled.

Kagome stood there frozen as she watched her boyfriend wrestle with the mad man.

I should do something to help, why can't I move - why can't I?

Sango was already moving; she grabbed her cordless phone and rushed over to where Naraku's head was down sending curse words to Sesshomaru's way.

"Let go you pip-squeak!" Naraku yelled. "When I get hold of this gun I'm gonna f-"

"Ass hole," Sango yelled as she banged the phone against Naraku's head with all her might. "Why can't you fucking die?"

One blow from the phone weakened Naraku enough to drop the gun, the second caused him to fall to the floor unconscious and quickly, Sesshomaru retrieved the gun - looking at Sango - admiring her.

Sango glanced at the phone in her hand and grimaced, "Shit, I paid a lot of money for this..."

Kagome shook her head as if to get focused and saw Naraku on the floor with a bleeding head, her eyes then turned to a Miroku who gripped his wrist tightly as he said all kinds of curse words in both English and Japanese and even curses Kagome hadn't heard in either language.

Inuyasha was standing right beside Miroku and his face was all off by the sight of the hole in Miroku's hand, he even cursed, "That fucking Naraku -"

"He's out cold," Kouga quoted as his eyes turned to Naraku on the floor. "How the hell-"

Sango held up the remains of her cordless phone, "While everyone was focusing on Miroku me and Sesshomaru took this guy out. Of course, Sesshomaru was the only fool to take this loser on..."

"Sango," Miroku said through breaths. "Even as I bleed in shear agony - I sure would've loved if Naraku asked me to take you down."

Inuyasha shook his head, "Fucking moron."

Kagome was still shocked, everything happened so fast and she just didn't know how to respond or to joke like the wounded Miroku or even smile...it was that moment when Sesshomaru put a free hand on her shoulder. It was that instant that Kagome turned around and met his golden eyes with her dark ones and something seemed to enter her.

Some form of peace.

"You know," Miroku said as he continued to breathe heavily and gripped his wrist tight - trying to bear the pain. "I don't want to seem selfish here, but - COULD SOMEONE FUCKING HELP ME!"

"Yea," Kouga helped Miroku off the sofa. "I'll call the cops and drive you to the hospital."

Sango suddenly wrapped her arms around Kagome tightly and kissed her face. The warmth Kagome received from being in Sango's arms seemed to be the last touch to remedying her back from lala-land.

"What happens now?" Kagome asked as she saw Kouga exit with Kouga, Inuyasha was too busy staring down at Naraku with disgust.

"You put your clothes back on," Sesshomaru answered.

~*^*~

Kagome woke up and glanced at the balcony, a smile crossed her lips as she marveled the view of the rising sun.

"So beautiful," Kagome said aloud to herself.

"Put a sock in it," Sango groaned from under the covers. "I'm still asleep. I want to stay asleep - for a long while!"

It had been a week. Naraku was found guilty of attempted murder and possession of a deadly and UN-licensed gun causing him to be sentenced to fifteen years without any sign of parole. It was evident that his career was over, even if he got a good lawyer, the most they could do was probably make it ten years.

Sango and Kagome had been staying at Sesshomaru's house; he'd been nice enough for him to let them sleep together in his bed - although he'd rather take Sango's place, he understood that Sango wouldn't have felt comfortable anywhere else.

"Anyway, I'm up so we can go register for my classes today," Kagome laughed as she heard Sango curse under the covers. "I think I'm going to take Psychology this semester. That way, I might be able to understand sick people like Naraku."

"Whatever," Sango moaned. "But registration starts at nine and it's like...6AM I'm sure."

"Ok," Kagome snorted. "Get your hour sleep. I'm going to check on my boyfriend anyway."

Sango leaned her head up from the covers and a devilish smile formed across her lips, "What do you mean by check?"

"Check," Kagome said innocently as she pulled the covers off of her. "I'll be back."

"Whatever," Sango put the covers over her head again.

~*^*~

"I'm sorry about lover boy," Kikyo took a cigarette break when Inuyasha arrived at the shooting. They stood outside a coffee shop across the street from the building. The day was cloudy and looked as though it would rain any minute.

"Yea well," Inuyasha said dryly. "At least that fucker Naraku is behind bars where he belongs. That's all that matters."

Kikyo nodded as she took the last pull to her cigarette before throwing it down and stepping on it, releasing the smoke she then opened the door to the coffee shop, "I'll treat you for old times' sake."

The coffee shop either had dim lighting or it was a result of the dark clouds outside, it happened so suddenly - Inuyasha thought it would be a sunny day since it was now May, but it didn't work out that way.

"I know what I want so I don't even need a menu," Kikyo said after she handed the menu to a waitress that came to their table. "Give me a large coffee, two sugars and a half a grapefruit."

"I'll have some green tea," Inuyasha then added. "No sugar."

So they sat. Kikyo didn't say anything and neither did he, the silence was so thick that a question had to be asked.

Why are they even sitting together?

"This is nice," Kikyo said after finishing the grapefruit. "We're actuality not fighting-"

"I don't have time to fight with you," Inuyasha then cleared his throat and corrected. "I seriously don't want to fight with anyone right now. I guess I've been through a lot since I got here - so I figure what's the point."

Kikyo nodded, "You seem different too. Maybe it's the atmosphere here, right?"

Inuyasha shrugged.

Another five minutes of silence formed between them.

"So..." Inuyasha asked, "When do you have to go back to the shoot-"

"I'm not in a hurry," Kikyo smiled briefly. "Are you dying from boredom that much?"

"I'm not even thinking about that," Inuyasha glanced at the window as he spoke. "I'm actuality trying to figure what it was about us; that we couldn't be like this. Just two people having tea and coffee together; was it the porn business?"

Kikyo leaned back in her seat and glanced at the window...at the same view Inuyasha gazed upon.

So much life... Inuyasha thought.

"What's the matter?" Kikyo asked after another five minute pause. "What's so special about outside?"

"It's life," Inuyasha said simply. "Just people going on living. Then there's that Naraku guy, for whatever reason ruined his own life for a girl who didn't even want to be with him-"

Kikyo scoffed, "Don't start that with Kagome business. I'm tired of it."

"Could you just let me finish," Inuyasha cursed. "I know I had the right to be depressed and bent out of shape thinking about her, but life goes on. I'm moving on, and when I think about it - it's not painful or there's no longing in me. I'm really content and this realization is so overwhelming. I wish it had come sooner."

"Well at least it came, right?" Kikyo suddenly touched his hand on the table and drew it back from her own surprise. "I didn't mean to do that."

Inuyasha glanced down at his hand, and saw that Kikyo's hands were now under the table.

Do what? Maybe I was too into my thoughts to pay attention, Inuyasha realized.

"It's alright," Inuyasha smiled briefly. "Everything feels alright."

Inuyasha suddenly stopped when he looked into Kikyo's eyes, and then really scanned her down from there. He saw that Kikyo was wearing a sleeveless spandex turtleneck with a gold chain around her neck, the eyeliner added a remarkable enhancement to her dark almond shaped eyes, and her soft yet full lips were painted blackberry.

"Have I ever told you," Inuyasha shook his head. "Forget it. What am I saying? This is too out of nowhere-"

"I think you're pretty hot," Kikyo didn't look at his alarmed expression. "Normally, I wouldn't say it out loud because you do a pretty good job at boosting your own esteem, but yea. You're good looking."

Inuyasha let out a chuckle and said, "I can't believe this."

Kikyo looked up at him and raised an inquisitive brow.

"You're checking me out aren't you?" Inuyasha said through laughs.

"I'm so out of here," Kikyo through ten bucks on the table and got up.

"Wait, wait, wait," Inuyasha shrugged. "What's the problem?"

"You are," Kikyo reprimanded. "You're laughing and all I said was-"

"I think you're hot too," Inuyasha said admitting it finally. "I'm not the only one who boost my own self-esteem damn it."

Kikyo gave a half way smile.

"So..." Inuyasha's voice trailed.

"Do you want to go out later on tonight?" Kikyo said it so low that Inuyasha was surprised he even heard it.

Is she asking me out on a date? The infamous Kikyo...what the hell is that about?

"Sure, but I better tell my brother," Inuyasha smiled. "I'm going to need some of his money to buy you dinner."

They both laughed.

"I'm glad you came to see me today," Kikyo said finally.

"Yea," Inuyasha smiled. "We go back, don't we?"

A/N: Ok, so it's Sunday 1:27 AM. Sue me! An hour and twenty-seven minutes after Saturday the day I was originally going to post this story; gomenasai (sorry)!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I was going to make this really evil, but then I stopped. I rather let the last three chapters be lovey-dovey. Like the sweet stuff, in the beginning and hot sex in the end. HEHE enjoy.