InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome! Where are you?! ❯ and the planet they are on is? ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 7 And The Planet They Are On Is . .

Authors' note: One thing I forgot about when I wrote how Kagome was going to address Sesshomaru. (Sir being basically equal to -sama, lord being -dono, etc.) Calling him Sesshomaru, my friend, is basically equal to Sesshomaru-chan. Which, BTW, he will hate.

Corrected by Angelica Birmingham. Thank you

_____________________


That night . . .

A noise wakes up Kagome.

Sesshomaru is already awake.

Ice chips begin to fall from the ceiling.

"Something is digging its way through the ice." Kagome says in a whisper.

"Quiet woman!" he hisses as he scrambles out of the bag and grabs his sword.

A hole opens in the ceiling and an arm ending with a huge three-fingered claw comes through the roof.

Sesshomaru waits, unmoving.

The arm withdraws and a large head with a muzzle full of large fangs crashes through the ceiling.

It spots Sesshomaru, and it twists to bite him.

Sesshomaru attacks.

His sword hits the creature's eye and plunges deep into the skull.

"RROOAARR!!" The sound of the creature screaming in pain causes Kagome to clamp both hands to her ears.
The head jerks up and out of the chamber, taking Sesshomaru's sword with it. Sesshomaru hangs onto his sword, even though that means getting dragged up and squeezed through the opening.

"Sesshomaru!" Kagome screams.
She gets out of the bag, throws on her shirt and skirt and tries to climb out of the chamber, but the slick icy walls prevent her from leaving.

Another ear piercing roar is heard.

A minute later, Sesshomaru drops into the chamber. He is covered in quickly freezing blood, but appears unhurt.

He looks around, "I will make a new chamber deeper into the ice."

"Hurry, please! The fire had warmed it up pretty well, but now . . . " Kagome says as she shivers. With the huge hole in the roof, most of the heat in the chamber has escaped.

He nods and gestures her to his side. He digs.

A few minutes later in a new, but similar sized chamber . .

The tripod is set up and a new fire started. Sesshomaru cleans himself up, via a small spell.

Sesshomaru and Kagome both reenter her sleeping bag. They warm each other up. "I wonder what that was?" Kagome says.

"This Sesshomaru doesn't know."

"I know, Sesshomaru, I didn't expect you to answer that question. I do wonder how he found us, since we are under the ice."

"The light from the sun can pass through the ice. This Sesshomaru assumes the light from the fire can do the same."

"Yes. You're probably right." A pause. "Will we be safe, with that new fire?"

"This Sesshomaru doesn't know. But he does know that the fire is required for survival. If another appears, it will be dispatched as easily as before."

"Hmm. Yes. Besides that dead body is up there. That might distract any additional predators."

He nods.

"Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru."
He nods.

"Well . . . I'm going to try to get back to sleep. Good night, Lord Sesshomaru." She says as she turns around.
"Good night, Higurashi." He turns around.

They return to sleep, back to back.


********************


In the morning . . . after they wake up, dress and start the day.

"Lord Sesshomaru, can I fix you some breakfast?" Kagome asks.

"No."

She stares at him. "One of these days, Lord Sesshomaru, I would like to know why you hate my cooking."

"I will never eat anything prepared by humans, especially human females."

She bends over the food, separating her breakfast, but after a pause, she straightens and looks at Sesshomaru. "It's something about Inu-yasha's mother, isn't it?"

He stares at her. There is absolutely no change in his _expression, except for his eyes. His stare burns into her. 'How I wish that I did not need her. It is so frustrating that she's abusing my need for her. She should be a good human bitch and just accept my orders without question.' He thinks as he controls his emotions.

Kagome is suddenly very sure that she was never as close to death, than she is right now.

Kagome bows her head, breaking eye contact. "I am sorry, Lord Sesshomaru. I didn't mean . . . "

"Human females always use that excuse as a lie."

She closes her eyes. She whispers, "I didn't mean a thing, lord Sesshomaru. I swear to you. I didn't know."

"By what can you swear by, that will cause this Sesshomaru to believe you."

She straightens. "I'll swear on anything you desire."

The glare from his eyes relaxes and he slowly nods. "Acceptable. Swear on your miko abilities."

"I swear as a Miko, as the wielder of the Jewel of the Four Souls, that I, Higurashi Kagome, didn't know anything about why you refused my cooking, nor did I mean to cause you any distress by my question."

"Acceptable."
A pause.

Kagome prepares and eats her breakfast in silence.

The chamber is colder in more ways than one . .

"Now that it's daylight, I'd like to know what it was that attacked us last night." She says as she dresses to go outside. 'Hopefully going outside and the change of scenery might loosen things up again.' She thinks.

He nods.

Kagome grabs her camera. They both leave the chamber.

On the ice is a large creature. It looks like cross between a bear and a tiger, but it's twice the size of even a large bear.

Kagome takes a picture of it and a couple of the surroundings. "What are you doing, woman?"

She waves the camera. "This, Sesshomaru, is a camera. It takes very lifelike portraits by machine. I've got a couple of pictures in my bag. I'll show you them in a couple of minutes. I'm getting cold."

"Very well. That fur might come be useful." He points to the dead creature. "I will collect it."

As he bends over the body, he suddenly straightens and looks to the north. Kagome stops and looks in that direction as well.

Off in the distance a red object can be seen. It is slowly growing larger.

Sesshomaru shades his eyes. "A sail. On ice?" He says in a confused voice.

"Ice sailing, Sesshomaru. I've seen it on a couple of my grandfather's sports shows."

"Whatever it is, it's approaching us now."

She swallows and says, "How long before it gets here?"

A pause. "A short while, less than an hour."

"Well, I don't want to be frozen when they arrive, so I'm going back in for a few minutes." Kagome says and she retreats into the chamber.

Sesshomaru looks around. 'Staying out here . . . the cold is not helpful. They are native to this climate. I will reenter the chamber to get warm. So, should it come to a fight, I will, at least, be warm.' He thinks.

He enters the chamber. Kagome is already leaning over the pot, warming her hands. She smiles at him. "I wonder what they'll be like?"

He grunts.

Her mouth twitches, "You don't like new things do you?"

"No. Human, I do not. This Sesshomaru dislikes changes."

"Well . . . I have a feeling, Lord Sesshomaru, that you might have to rethink that."

He grunts.

A pause . . .

He places his hand on the ice. "I can feel them. It's time to leave this chamber."

"Ok."

They leave the chamber.

The ice-ship is now clearly visible. To Sesshomaru it is an awkward-looking craft, but it appears to be solidly built. The base of the ship is a triangle perhaps twenty meters long and ten meters at the base. The mast holding the ten meters tall sail is about two-thirds the way down the ship. It slides on the ice upon three blades. They appear to be made out of stone, to his eyes. Two blades are at the rear of the ship and the other at the front. Ropes tied to the rear blades steer the ship. The blades lift the ship about waist high off the ice.

On the ship is about a dozen or more man-shaped beings.

The ship halts about one hundred meters away from Sesshomaru and Kagome. Most of the beings on the ship jump off the ship as it halts.

They spread their arms and a furred flap of skin between the arms and the body appears. This catches the wind and they begin to skate toward the two.

They are man-sized, perhaps slightly larger, and man-shaped, with two legs and two arms. The flap of skin between the arm and the body, at first glance appears, to be the major difference between them and humans.

But, as they approach, Kagome and Sesshomaru can see that the heads are not human- like. They have catlike heads. Their fur is steel gray, basically, with touches of other colors. Their feet are also not human-shaped. They have three elongated claws that have twisted and are resting on the ice. They are skating on the ice on those claws. They are wearing brown furred clothes. They yell at each other in a language he's never heard before.

Sesshomaru smiles. They have spears and swords for weapons. 'Perhaps this time, I will get a good fight. I need something to take my frustrations out on.' He thinks. He glances at Kagome. 'Especially since I cannot harm the person that is causing them.'

He frowns and thinks, 'They are moving fast and easily over the ice. Even with my abilities trying to engage a dozen warriors on ice would be a challenge for my balancing skills.'

"Let's even the odds." He whispers and he draws his sword. He waves it in an arc around the two of them. A gaping crevasse appears between him and the oncoming aliens. This forces them to go around the crevasse and only approach him a couple at a time.

They yell at each other again, pull their swords and lower the spears in an attack position.

"Sesshomaru!" Kagome screams! "Do not attack without cause!" She grabs his arm.

He roughly shoves her away. She lands on her backside and slides a couple of meters on the ice.

"Bitch. Don't interfere with this Sesshomaru." He says in a cold voice. "They have their weapons out."

The first couple of aliens have finally closed in on him. He quickly defeats them and body parts fly as his sword cuts through them.

The aliens are at home on the ice and that helps them fight. Sesshomaru is forced to spend time and effort, just staying upright. The claws on his feet dig into the ice, to help. His superhuman speed and balance help, but it's still a challenge to stay upright.

But . . even with Sesshomaru forced to spend time on his footing . . . it is still a very unequal fight . . .

"Sit, boy!" Kagome screams in reflex and covers her face. 'I forgot, that won't work on him . . . I wanted to meet some aliens . . not watch Sesshomaru butcher people.' She angrily thinks. She scrambles to get up and over to him again.

By the time she does, the remaining two aliens are quickly gliding back to the ice ship. The others are dead, in pieces, in front of Sesshomaru.

"Damn you, Sesshomaru!" She yells in his face. She grabs his clothes, to keep from falling on the blood slick ice below her. "You didn't have to kill them!"

He grabs her by the shirt and lifts her off the ice. "Stupid human bitch." he growls. "This Sesshomaru will do what he thinks is best."

She glares angrily at him, "Sesshomaru, my friend, violence is not the way to make friends."

"Do not address, this Sesshomaru in that manner."

"Then, earn my respect, Sesshomaru, my friend!" She yells. She waves at the dead aliens around them. "And killing everything is sight, is not going to that!"

"This Sesshomaru is the reason you are alive, human bitch. You will address me properly." He growls at her, still holding her.

"No." She glares at him, "You are a cold-blood murderer. I had thought, that maybe, I was wrong about that and there was something good in you, but, now, after seeing you slaughter people without cause."

"Those were not people."

She interrupts yelling, "I don't care that they weren't human! They were living intelligent beings and that's enough!"

He continues to speak as if she had not spoken, "This Sesshomaru had cause. They had their weapons out and they were moving to attack him."

"If you hadn't drawn yours first, they would not have!" She screams at him.

"To reduce their advantage, on ice, it was necessary to destroy the smooth surface of the ice."

"They'll return with friends! Are you planning on killing them as well?!"

"If necessary."

"Let me go, Sesshomaru." She says, with disgust in her voice. "I can see that trying to talk you about right and wrong is a waste of breath."

"I am never wrong."

"You were about the cube. And you were, and are, wrong about me."

A pause . . .

Sesshomaru releases Kagome from his grasp.
"Sesshomaru, consider this advice if you have to, but no matter what, follow it. Due to the cube we will be going places where violence may not be the solution. Don't kill everything in sight." She twirls away from him as she finishes.
Unfortunately, she forgot she was standing on ice, so she slips and falls onto the ice. She does a push up to lift herself off the ice. She glances down. 'Great! I'm covered in blood. And it's freezing.' she thinks. 'And cleaning up in this ice box . . . I can't. I'll have to wait and see if I can clean up after we use the cube again.'

Next to her is a dead alien, his sword still grasped in his hand. 'If Inu-yasha, Sango or Miroku were with me, I'd trust them, but, Sesshomaru.'

She pries his sword, which is scimitar-like in shape, out of his fingers. She removes his sheath as well. 'I might need this.' The workmanship of the sword is very nice. A couple of small green gems are set into the hilt of the sword.

She gets up, ignoring Sesshomaru, and goes into the chamber.

Sesshomaru watches Kagome leave without _expression.


*************


later . .

Both of them are in the chamber. Each is sitting on opposite sides of the chamber. Kagome is pretending to read one of her textbooks. Sesshomaru is just staring at something only he can see. Kagome's backpack is sitting next to her.

Except for the cube, which is on the floor between them, the chamber is empty.

The red light changes to purple.

"The light has changed, woman."

"I saw it, Sesshomaru."

"Then, let's use it."

"Let me put up my book, first. And I think it might be best if we're on the surface when we use it."

"This Sesshomaru was about to order you out onto the surface, before you started to speak."
"Sigh, fine." Kagome puts her book in the backpack, and crawls out of the chamber. Sesshomaru has already left, with the cube in his grasp.
On the surface . . . it's very late afternoon and the sun is setting.

"Ready."

"Of course."

Sesshomaru reaches out with the cube. Kagome touches it.

They vanish . .

Prolog chapter 8.

A hot wind, a hot humid wind, is Kagome's instantaneous impression of her new location.

She is standing in a small clearing, around her is a forest. The trees of the forest are of a type she's never seen before. The wind brings to nose the smells of pollen and other odors she's never smelled.

Her instincts are screaming at her. She smiles. Her instincts are telling her that she's on earth.

Sesshomaru is standing next to her, looking around.

She follows his gaze.

THUMP!

The ground shakes, the tops of the trees sway.

THUMP!

A couple of the trees snap at the ground and fall next to Kagome and Sesshomaru.

Standing in the gap created is . .

A Tyrannosaurus Rex

It opens its mouth and roars.

Sesshomaru smiles and tells Kagome, "In difference to your wishes, I will not kill it."

the end . . .

____________

Authors' note.First the planet they were on is . . .

Tran-ky-ky from the science-fiction novel Icerigger by Alan Dean Foster. (There are also a couple of sequels)


Oddly enough. The storyline for the novel is a group of humans gets shipwrecked on Tran-ky-ky. They have to make friends with the medieval-age tech natives and travel halfway around the world to get to the only human settlement on the planet.

Second . . .

I would like to get an opinion from my readers. I would like to include Velociraptor in chapter 8 as well. But . . . T. Rex & Velociraptor. Lived in different times and different continents. So . . . do I ignore reality and add them, or just stick with the T. Rex?

third . . .

I will be working on A shard in Kyoto chapter 10 next, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I start chapter 8 of this storyline.

Please, if you liked this, please try my story "A Shard in Kyoto." I would really like to get more readers for that story.

Thank you for reading

jeff shelton