InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome! Where are you?! ❯ Kagome vs a Tyrannosaurus Rex ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome! Where are you?!

chapter 8 Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Kagome . . .

In this story I will by calling Tyrannosaurus Rex by the name T. Rex (for short.)

______________________________

A hot wind, a hot humid wind, is Kagome's instantaneous impression of her new location.

She is standing in a small clearing, around her is a forest. The trees of the forest are of a type she's never seen before. The wind brings to nose the smells of pollen and other odors she's never smelled.

Her instincts are screaming at her. She smiles. Her instincts are telling her that she's on earth.

Sesshomaru is standing next to her, looking around.

She follows his gaze.

THUMP!

The ground shakes, the tops of the trees sway.

THUMP!

A couple of the trees snap at the ground and fall next to Kagome and Sesshomaru.

Standing in the gap created is . . .

A Tyrannosaurus Rex

It opens its mouth and roars.

Sesshomaru smiles and tells Kagome "In difference to your wishes, I will not kill it."

He quickly forms his cloud and flies up over the trees.

"It's a Tyrannosaurus Rex, Sesshomaru!" Kagome screams.

'Killing people is one, killing this is another. I'll tell him that.' she thinks. She opens her mouth to tell him to kill it.

But she looks at Sesshomaru's face and she can see his smirk. She is suddenly sure, he wants her to deny her previous statements about killing and once she does that . . he'd never listen to her again.

"RROOAARR!!" the T. Rex roars. What had been two pieces of meat is now only one.
He steps toward Kagome and opens his mouth to engulf her . . .

Kagome claps her hands together and she summons her power. 'Shield!'

Sesshomaru can see the monster's mouth envelop her. 'Once she's dead, I will kill it. Then I will resurrect her.' His hand caresses Tenseiga. 'That will teach her.' he thinks.

His eyes narrow, 'How did she know its name?'

The monster's mouth glows white. 'A shield. She's good.' he thinks.

The stench from the T. Rex's mouth almost causes her to gag and lose her concentration. She tightly closes her eyes. 'I don't want to look down his throat . . . '

Sesshomaru can see the spittle from the monster's mouth fly off its teeth and over the shield, as the monster tries to bite through the glowing shell around her.

Kagome can feel the teeth of the T. Rex try to penetrate her shield . . .

The T Rex straightens up and it roars "RROOAARR!!"

Kagome opens her eyes.

The T. Rex stalks around her, looking and smelling her.

Kagome takes her bow off her shoulder and strings it. She also places her bag on the ground next to her.

The T Rex charges her.

The glowing shell around Kagome stops him about two meters away from her. "I'm prepared this time, T. Rex." She allows a tight smile to grace her lips. 'But, I can't keep this up for long. He's too powerful, and that cube has weakened me, again. It's a good thing that he is alive. This shield spell, that Keade taught me, will only protects me from living beings. If it had a sword, the sword would go through. And unliving things like Naraku's puppets, or Kikyo, this would never work against.'

Sesshomaru thinks, 'Now what will she do? She will call upon me to kill it. The cube must have drained her, like it did me. She cannot maintain that shield for long.'

'Perhaps, if he's hurt, he'll leave.' She draws back her bow and points an arrow at the belly of the T. Rex. She charges the arrow with a small amount of power. 'No. I've seen enough gut-shot men. I know that will kill him, eventually.' She changes her point of aim to the upper right thigh.

She releases the arrow.
The T. Rex screams. And it charges her again. This time her shell stops him only a meter away from her.

'She's weakening. Soon, she'll beg me to help her.' Sesshomaru thinks confidently. He allows a small smile to grace his face.

'Why is it so interested in me?' she thinks.

She glances at Sesshomaru. He is still hovering over them, waiting. 'That smile... No. I've got to handle this myself.' She shakes her head, 'If the T. Rex has to die, it'll be best if I kill it. At least, then, he might still respect me. If I ask him to help me, he won't.'

The T. Rex stalks around her, looking and smelling her.

'He is smelling something . . . my shirt. The blood of those aliens, that's what got him so excited.' Kagome thinks. Now that they are in a hot environment, the frozen blood on her shirt and skirt has unfrozen. The now, unfrozen, blood of the aliens is attracting the T. Rex, she realizes.

Kagome puts the bow down and rips off her shirt, buttons popping as she does so. She also rips off her skirt, which has blood on it as well. She was dressed for the cold, so she had on her spare shirt and skirt, which aren't bloody, underneath.

She shoves the bloody shirt and skirt onto the arrow.

The T. Rex roars again . . . and she can see that he's building up another charge. 'I'm not going to be able to stop him, this time . . '

Sesshomaru thinks, 'now . . . call for help human bitch . . . admit you need me. Admit that you're wrong.'

Kagome points the arrow near, but not at, the T. Rex. It passes next to its nose, attracting its attention.

'Now, while it's distracted!' Kagome thinks. She drops her bow, and runs away from the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

She yells, as she runs, "Grab my bag, Sesshomaru!" The T Rex charges the tree the arrow imbedded itself in. It eats the shirt and skirt.

A pause.

It straightens up and roars! "RROOAARR!!"

Sesshomaru, ignores her order and causes his cloud to rise, so he can follow her and keep watch on the monster at the same time.

That is until . . .
SMASH! A large flying reptile monster slams into his back. Its claws try to dig into Sesshomaru's back and shoulders. He twists and claws the monster with his acidic hand.

It screams and flaps off, badly hurt. Its wingspan is a couple of body lengths and its head is very long, with an elongated, pointed crest, sticking from the back of its head.

He looks around and can see additional flying monsters in the distance. 'This world is more dangerous than I thought.'

Since none of the other flying monsters are close, he looks at the ground.

The large monster that Kagome fought has wandered off in a search of other prey.

"Where is that bitch?" he says to himself. He follows her smell. 'Was she smart enough that when she ran, she ran in the right direction to make tracking her by smell hard, or was she just running?' he thinks.

'And she's running toward a river, which I can see in the distance, is that luck or did she follow the slope of the ground?' he thinks. He looks at her bag and bow which are still laying where she left them. 'There could be useful items in it.' He drops down and grabs Kagome's bow, arrows, and bag.

'Is it chasing me?' Kagome wonders. As she runs, she dodges trees and bushes. Her clothes catch and tear on branches and thorns.

The occasional large lizards, which she realizes are small dinosaurs, run away from her. A couple of lizard-like birds fly away from her. She even sees what might be a rat run away from her as she runs through the primeval forest.

'I should be able to hear it, right? The ground should shake?' She pants as she pauses for breath after a few minutes. She can feel the ground shake beneath her. 'Let's get some more distance'. She runs.

The forest opens up and Kagome runs into a clearing beside a large river. The river is at least half-kilometer wide. It is sluggishly flowing past her. 'How far did I run? A kilometer, no, more.' She pants as she regains her breath. 'That cube . . . even a sprint of couple of a kilometers' shouldn't drain me like this.'

She stops and glances back at the forest. "Where's Sesshomaru? And where's the Tyrannosaurus Rex?" She breathes to herself, as she pants.

The ground trembles beneath her. "No time . . . " She glances at the river. 'OK. Let's break my scent trail.'

"He'd better be following me." she grumbles.
The ground trembles again . . .

She flips off her shoes and dives into the river.

As she breaks the surface, she can see a herd of thirty to forty large duck- billed bipedal dinosaurs charge down the banks of the river. 'What are they called? Come on, Kagome. You had to help Sota, just last year, when he got the dinosaur bug. Yeah. Edmontosaur or something like that.'

Chasing the dinosaurs she sees a couple of more Tyrannosaur Rexes.

She quickly swims away from the dinosaurs as they charge into the river to escape the T. Rexes.

All of the duck-billed dinosaurs manage to make it into the river. The two T. Rexes roar a couple of times, and then retreat back into the woods.

"How is the water?" Sesshomaru says from above her.

She starts. 'I didn't notice him. Well, I was paying attention to the dinos, so of course he could surprise me.' she thinks.

"Not bad. Pretty warm, actually." she replies. "Can you pull me out, or do I need to swim to the shore?"

Sesshomaru holds up her bag in his only hand.

She blushes. "Sorry." She swims to the shore. She drags herself on shore and sits down. "Tired." she mumbles. She leans back and lays down on the riverbank.

Sesshomaru lands next to her.

Sesshomaru looks around, trying to make his senses work. 'The smells here are totally unknown, some are like lizards, snakes and such, but, never have I smelled musk like this, not even that time in the lair of the lord of the snake demons.' He sneezes, trying to clear his nose. 'I don't know what smell is good or what is bad. It's confusing me. The ground shakes, like herds of animals are stampeding, but I can't see them. And I don't know the trees, or the bushes, or the monsters. I have no idea where we are.'

He looks around, 'This is much more dangerous world than the icy hell I was in.'

"You knew the name of that monster. Do you know where we are? It feels like earth. However, this Sesshomaru has never seen nor heard of these monsters." he says.

Kagome replies, a soft almost sleepy voice, "We are on earth, Sesshomaru. We are 65,000,000 to 75,000,000 million years in the past. That is why everything is changed."

A pause, then she says, "You see, Sesshomaru. There are other ways to deal with problems than killing them." she says.

"It would have been simpler and easier to kill it." he says in an offhand manner. "How did you know when we are?"

No response.

He looks down at Kagome.

She's asleep. The cube draining her, the shield spell, the dash through the forest, have caught up to her.

Sesshomaru purses his lips. 'Now what? I don't know the sounds of the forest. Back home, I could hear the footsteps of a mouse and know it. Now? I have no idea what is causing the sounds I'm hearing, but they sound like large and powerful beasts.'

He flips Kagome's bag onto his shoulder and picks her up. The flying cloud forms under him and it lifts him up. 'I need to find somewhere I can defend. And quickly, the cube has drained my power.'

He flies up a couple of a hundred meters. From this height he can see over the trees and off in the distance is a line of mountains. A couple of them look volcanic, like Mt. Fuji. "Those mountains. And I can see lower hills that are nearby. A cave. Yes."

He flies toward the hills.

At the hills....

He lands at the base of a rocky hill. He places Kagome and her bag on the ground and draws his sword, Tokijin. He jabs the sword at the hill. An energy spike comes from the sword and punches a large hole into the volcanic rock of the hill. A large group of flying animals, looking like lizards, with feathered wings fly off the hill. Other smaller lizards and mammals, of types he has never seen run away from the hill. Insects, many looking far from normal, also begin to buzz around the disturbed hill.

He jabs again and the hole becomes larger.

'That should do it.' he thinks. He looks around and concentrates on his senses. 'Good the noise of the blasts has driven away most of the monsters. I'll have a short while before they return.'

He enters the cave he just made and uses his acidic powers to smooth the worst of the jagged edges.

He picks up Kagome and her bag and enters the cave with them. He drops her at the heart of the small cave he's made. Sesshomaru returns to the entrance of the cave and pulls Tokijin again.

He shoves it into the ground at the opening. The sword glows and the entrance of the cave is covered in a dark glowing shield. "Tokijin's power will serve as protection." he murmurs to himself.
He retreats into the cave and lays down next to Kagome. 'Flying is normally easy, but the power that cube drained me . . . I need to rest.'

He closes his eyes and sleeps . . .

End chapter 8

thank you for reading

jeff shelton