InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome! Where are you?! ❯ Dinosaur world: day 1 afternoon ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 11.

Dinosaur World Day 1: Afternoon .

Lime warning: Kagome is bathing . . . and Sesshomaru is watching her. Consider this chapter R for sexuality.

I do attempt to explain how Inu-yasha's clothes have grow with him and repair themselves in this chapter. (It applies to Sesshomaru's clothes as well.)

Corrected by Angelica Birmingham.



________________________________

A noise from the forest attracts his attention. He turns to face the woods.

'More noises from the forest. Strange noises. Feet . . . Many different voices. Many different sounds, a language?' He moves closer to the forest.

"Sesshomaru?" Kagome calls from the river.

"Stay there and be quite, woman. I'm hearing something." he says in a distracted voice.

Sesshomaru is standing about ten meters from the ancient primeval forest.

SPLASH!

'Distracted, fooled like an idiot!' Sesshomaru thinks as he turns and runs toward the river.

"Help!!" Kagome yells from the river . . . then "bbuubbbbleee . . "

Kagome is thrashing in the river.

Something is bitting her left leg and dragging her under, twisting her in the process. A shadowy shape under the water, which is grabbing her legs, is at least ten meters long.

Kagome vanishes under the river.

Sesshomaru dives into the river.

The water of the river boils. Splashes of water rise and fall.

The water calms . . .
A huge splash of water rises ten meters into the air. The huge shape floats down the river, a trail of blood streaming from it.

Sesshomaru appears rising from the water. His arm is wrapped around a weakly conscious and coughing Kagome.

His clothes are disarrayed, and most of his finely chiseled chest is visible.

The top of Kagome's swimsuit is also disarrayed, and her well-formed breasts are visible.

He drags her out of the water, lays her on the beach and collapses next to her.

Kagome sits up, bends over and coughs up water, weakly. He enwraps her in his arm. "Woman."

She grabs him, her breasts rubbing against his chest, still coughing. "Th . . . thank you, Sesshomaru." More coughs, "I thought I was going to drown. That alligator dinosaur had me."

"I warned you that the water wasn't safe."

"Yes, you did. I'm sorry for not believing you."

'Oh, gods . . . my body it's reacting to him . . . ' Kagome thinks as her body realizes that there is very handsome man rubbing up against her body.

'Stupid body.' Sesshomaru thinks.

He pushes her away and stands up, adjusting his clothes as he does. The tears in the clothes, magically close as the kimono and armor heals itself.

Kagome blushes and she adjusts her swimsuit.

"Are you hurt, human?"

"My leg!" Kagome cries as she remembers that her leg hurts. Sesshomaru, finally, pays attention to her legs. Kagome's left leg, or better yet, her left ankle is bleeding. "I think, my ankle slipped between a couple of his teeth, so he didn't really bite me. He just grabbed by ankle, dragged me under and started to drown me."

He looks at the wound and says in an offhand manner, "Minor. You are a miko, so heal yourself."

"Let me get to my bag and find some painkillers, first. Once they dull the pain, then I can use my healing spell." she says as she crawls to the bag.

He frowns, "You should be able to use that spell or any spell, no matter what amount of pain you are in."
"Sesshomaru, sir, I have never gone through the proper training for a miko, remember. So I cannot do that."

He grabs her bag from her. "No."

"Hey! Give me my bag!" she yells at him.

"No. You will learn to cast that healing spell, even when you are feeling pain." He throws the bag casually away from her. It lands a few meters away and rolls a couple of times.

"Sesshomaru!" she glares at him.

He glares back. He moves to her leg, sits down next to her and grabs her ankle.

"Concentrate and cast the spell." he growls.

"I can't! It's too painful for me to concentrate!"

He squeezes her ankle.

Kagome cries out in pain.

She pounds her fists into his shoulders and head.

He growls, ignoring her fists hitting him, "Heal, now, or I will squeeze harder." He loosens his grip on her ankle. "You have until I take thirty breaths, then the pain will increase."

"Sesshomaru, let go!"

"Human woman, you desire the respect of this Sesshomaru." he says, as if he's giving an explanation of the facts of life to a child, "I will not respect a human woman. You are not good enough of a warrior that I can respect your abilities with weapons. Only by using the powers of a miko can you gain my respect. I am not the other humans you were with. I will not cuddle you."

Kagome whimpers, "What about that girl child, Rin? You do not do this to her, do you?"

"No. But she is a child and that is all she wishes to be. You wish to be more than that, so you will earn it." a pause. "Your time is up." He squeezes her ankle.

"Let go, please. I'll try."

"Do not try. Do it." The hand remains around her ankle, squeezing.

Kagome closes her eyes and concentrates.

Time passes . .
Sesshomaru can feel her power rise. Her ankle begins to glow, faintly. The glow expands and then fades. The scrapes and bite marks are faded, almost gone.

Kagome opens her eyes and smiles. "Did it."

He releases her ankle. "It took too long and the healing was not fully complete." He fingers the hilt of his sword Tokijin. 'She needs more training. Should I stab her and force her to heal herself again?'

Kagome's eyes glance at his hand, then they fix on his face. She doesn't say a thing, just stares at him. Her stomach grumbles.

"Finish cleaning and eat, woman." he says as he stands up. "I am not responsible for your training, but whoever was, they did a very poor job. Your raw power is considerable, but you lack all but the most basic training. And since we are alone, you will need to improve your skill at using your power in order to survive."

"Yes. Thank you, lord Sesshomaru, for helping me."

Kagome stands up, tests her ankle, and looks around. 'Well, I lost my soap, but I've got Sango's bar, I can use that. Luckily I hadn't started to shampoo, yet.'

She grabs her shampoo and Sango's bar of soap and renters the water.

Sesshomaru stands at the river bank. He is watching her.

Kagome blushes as she applies the shampoo. She closes her eyes as she does so. 'Gods . . . after what happened, of course he'll be watching me. There is no way he'll stop watching me. But . . . I wish he would.'

Her nipples are hard under her swimsuit, especially in the very warm water of the river. 'I've never had a man watch me bathe. Oh, Miroku and Inu- yasha have peeked at Sango and I, but, this is different, somehow.'

She opens her eyes and glances at Sesshomaru. He is staring at her. She closes her eyes.

She thinks, 'I know he's there. I can feel his eyes on me. And . . no matter if he denies it or not, I know his body is reacting . . . and so is mine.'

She opens her eyes, glances at Sesshomaru. He looks away from her.

He shifts his clothes. 'I've had beautiful, professional, demonic geishas, any of whom were better, more lushly formed than her, before me and I've controlled myself. So it can't be her body.'

Water flows and drips down her thinly clothed breasts as she rinses. He grinds his teeth. 'I've dealt with powerful, forceful demonic women before, none of whom have affected me. So it can't be her power or her spirit. And I refuse to believe it her humanity.'

His eyes narrow. He shakes his head and looks around, making sure nothing has sneaked up on them, while he was distracted. 'I thought I heard something?'

Sesshomaru returns to looking at Kagome. She is leaving the water, a flushed face and chest very visible.

"Sesshomaru?"

"Yes, woman."

"Could I ask you to do a favor?"

"You may ask. I may decline to perform it."

She nods, "While I'm cleaning my clothes, could you gather some firewood so I can start a fire and fix something to eat?"

"I thought you wanted to gather some nuts and fruits?"

"I will, but that might take a while, and I'm hungry now."

He nods and moves to gather some dried driftwood that lines the river bank. 'It'll get my mind off her. Especially now that she's cleaned up. Her natural scent is strangely pleasing.'

Kagome watches him move off, she calls to him, "Thank you, Sesshomaru, sir!"

Later . . . Kagome has a small fire going. The pot is over the fire. It is full of water. She is still wearing her swimsuit.

"Why are you boiling the water?" he asks as he watches her go through her bag.

"To kill the germs in it." she says, distracted. 'Where is that sewing kit? I've got some tears in my shirt and skirt I need to sew up' she thinks.

"And germs are?" "Germs are the very small, too small to be seen, things that cause disease, Sesshomaru. Boiling the water will make the water safe to use. I've got a feeling my shots aren't going to stop a flu bug from the age of the dinosaurs."

"Woman, that was not very informative."

She looks up from her bag and says, "Just trust me, Sesshomaru. As long as you boil the water you reduce the chance of getting sick, ok."

"Humans and their weakness."
"I suppose demons don't get sick."

"I have never been sick in my life."

Kagome finds her sewing kit and starts to sew up the tears in the shirt. "Once the water starts to boil, I'll use it for some ramen."

"Why are you not using your powers to fix your clothes?"

Kagome looks at Sesshomaru, a confused _expression on her face, "huh?"

He shakes his, 'more poor training. How did she survive this long?'

He sniffs and says, "Woman, you are aware of the basic concept that everything in existence has a spirit within it. Everything has a spirit within it, from a natural, untouched by any type of hands, rocks, trees and other plants, any animal, and things made by demons or men. This is the basic Shinto belief, correct."

"Yes, of course."

"Spirits exist within everything, like my swords." He pats the hilts of his swords. "Like your new sword." He nods his head at the sword lying next her bag. "Like my clothes, and your clothes."

Kagome's eyes flick from object to object as he speaks, "Yes, I understand that, Sesshomaru, but I don't understand what you are trying to say."

He hisses between his teeth, 'patience, she is only human.' he thinks. "The spirit, which exists in everything, can do anything within its power."

"I suppose, so, but."

"Woman, does not your miko training teach you to talk to those spirits? To wake them up and ask them questions? To beg them to help you? Is that not part of your basic training as a Shinto priestess?"

"Huh, yes, but."

"Then wake up the spirit within your clothes, give it the power it needs and let it repair the clothes itself."

Her eyes widen. "Is this how Inu-yasha's clothes and your . . "

"Of course. Although my demonic silkworm kimono and his fire rat coat have great natural strength and abilities, each was awoken and empowered by my mother and his mother. Even she had the knowledge and power to do this. So, while those common cotton clothes of yours, will not have the same abilities as mine or even my brother's clothes, but it will be able to repair itself."
Kagome puts away her sewing kit. She places the shirt and skirt on her lap and begins to concentrate on them.

After a few minutes, the clothes begin to glow. Kagome opens her eyes. The rips and tears in the clothes repair themselves as she watches. "How strange . . . talking to your clothes . . . I never would have thought about that . . . " she mumbles.

She shakes her head. She stands up and deeply bows to Sesshomaru. "Thank you, Lord of the Western lands. I never would have thought about that. People in my time are so used to destroying old and damaged clothes, I never considered trying to talk to them."

"All things have spirits within them, woman."

"Umm, Sesshomaru, could you please turn around for a few minutes while I put on my clothes?"

"Did not we just have this conversation woman?"

"Yes, but, I'm not going to be able to get in the water to hide this time."

A pause.

"No. Dress." he growls.

She swallows, looks at the tree line. "I suppose, asking if I could hide behind a tree is out of the question?"

"Why did you ask such a foolish question?"

She glances around, sighs. She dresses in front of Sesshomaru.

He thinks as he watches her, 'perhaps because I'm seeing her in the daylight. In her futon, with only that flashlight for light, many of her features were shadowy. Now, in this bright sunlight, I can see everything that I felt before. Is that the reason she is affecting my body?'

She thinks as she dresses, 'Hormones. Ever since that spring festival, in addition to getting embarrassed in situations like this, I've been getting excited.'

Later . . after Kagome has put on her clothes and ate. She has repacked her bag, as well.

She is fiddling with her camera. 'A full roll. 36 exposures. Hmmm . . I want to save most of them for dinosaurs, but I can use some of them for plants.'

"Let's explore, Lord Sesshomaru. Please?" she begs.

'I am curious about this world, as well.' he thinks and nods.
She glances at her bag. "Lord Sesshomaru."

"Another favor, I assume." he says in a bored voice.

"Yes. My bag. It is very heavy."

"And you wish to know if I will degrade myself enough to carry it."

In a low voice she says, "Yes. I am sorry for asking."

"Hand me the bag." he says in a disgusted voice.

She looks at him in surprise and mouths the word 'why'. She hands him the bag. He slings it over his shoulder.

He raises an eyebrow. "This is a dangerous world, combat can be assumed, correct?"

She nods.

"And in a combat situation, if you have this bag, you will be very restricted. That will unduly endanger you," he sighs, "and I do need to protect you, so . . . "

A pause. "Make sure your bow is strung and an arrow is handy. I suppose, once we have explored a while, I will need to teach you how to use that sword as well. If only, so you don't accidentally kill yourself with it. Sigh . . . "

Kagome wraps her hand around the hilt of the sword. 'I will learn use this, if only to show him, I'm better than he thinks.'

She readies her bow and they go into the primeval forest.

The end chapter 11

Kagome's healing spell. I first mention it as part of my story "When Friends Find Out . . . "

The spring festival mentioned is from my story "Spring Fertility Festival"

Thank you for reading,

Jeff Shelton