InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome! Where are you?! ❯ aliens vs predator part 4 ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 17: Aliens vs. Predator part 4

This chapter is rated R for intense and graphic violence. I am not joking.

So now it's Kagome & Sesshomaru vs. half-a-dozen predators & about 100 aliens. Fair fight, right?

*telepathy*

corrected by Diana/Fearless Dranzer and Angelica Birmingham. Thank you.


___________________________

from chapter 16 . .

An invisible predator at the bottom of the ridge adjusts his shoulder-mounted plasma blaster.

`My sensors don't know what that human is using. She is my kill. I will enjoy showing her skull to my friends and rivals.' he thinks. He aims at the human female who is silhouetted on the top of the ridge.

The triangle of the aiming laser centers on her chest. `I don't want to damage her skull.'

He fires . .

*************

A couple of minutes before that.

Kagome fires the flare gun into the air. The parachute flare hangs in the air above, lighting the plain below. The mass of onrushing alien bugs slow, the sudden light confuses them for a short amount of time.

"How many?" she asks Sesshomaru.

"Around a hundred of the black bug-like things. My other senses . . . they will need to come closer before I can locate the invisible ones."

Kagome nods. "Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru." She fires her first arrow into the mass of aliens.

"Effective." He comments as his eyes follow the spray of alien body parts.
"Yes. But I didn't have time to make that many purity scrolls. So, all I'm going to be able to do is reduce the numbers, ok?"

"Acceptable."

She fires her second arrow into the mass of aliens. The two quick explosions confuse them. The speed of their advance slows.

Off to one side of the mass, a bright flash of light attracts her attention.

For Kagome . . .

time slows . . .

she can see the energy bolt . . .

coming . . .

closer . .

"DDIINNGG!!"

Tokijin intercepts the bolt. It is deflected harmlessly into the sky. Sesshomaru's speed and reflexes allow him to cover the distance between the two of them in time.

She swallows. `It is a very good thing that I haven't had much too drink today, otherwise, I would be very embarrassed right now . . . ' She shakes her head. "Thank you, lord Sesshomaru."

"Do not attack it, continue to attack the black bugs. That one is mine." he orders.

She nods. Her third arrow is away.

"DDIINNGG!!"

"DDIINNGG!!"

Two bolts from different directions are deflected back into the mass of aliens. Sesshomaru is close enough and skilled enough that he is using their attacks to help.

Arrow number four is away.

Arrow number five is away.

"They will be charging for hand-to-hand attacks, woman. You should be safe. These aliens are hunters. The challenge of fighting me hand to hand is greater than killing a weakling that uses a bow."

`Weakling . . . well, what else did you expect?' Kagome thinks as she grabs another arrow. Sesshomaru moves about five meters away from Kagome and nods his head. `This should give me the distance I need to fight effectively.' he thinks.

Arrow number six is away. "One of these days. Sesshomaru. I'll make you regret that statement."

Six quick arrows, while they have killed many of the aliens, have caused smoke clouds and between them and the low light levels, they force Kagome to pause in her attacks. `I've only got a couple of prepared arrows left. I want to make sure they count.' she thinks as she surveys the plain below.

******************

`Invisible opponents. Now, how did that training go.' Sesshomaru thinks as prepares for a fight. `Use your mystical senses to feel their life force. Smell. Hearing.' He calms his thoughts. `I am ready.'

Swish . . . Clang . . .

The invisible spear is met by Tokijin.

Slash . . . splash. Green blood coats Tokijin.

A wordless cry of pain erupts from the invisible predator. The arm holding the spear falls to the ground.

Sesshomaru's speed allows him to parry and attack faster than the predator can adjust. And the spear gave Sesshomaru his location, exactly.

The invisibility generator fails as the blood shorts it out.

RING . . . crack . . .

The twin knives on the now visible predator are hit by Tokijin. They crack and shatter.

Sesshomaru slices the head of the predator off.

He twists . . . ring . .

The twin knives that were about to enter his back are deflected away. `One at a time. Like I thought. They each want the honor of killing me, alone.'

He jumps over the swish of a darting spear. `One on one now, once they get close enough so I can detect them. They are not a challenge. They do not have my strength nor my speed.' He lands and swings Tokijin in a circular, infinity-shaped pattern. One of the legs of the invisible predator appears as it falls to the ground. The dirt next to it, suddenly, is covered in green blood, as the body of the predator falls to the ground. Sesshomaru shoves his sword through the downed predator.

It suddenly appears, skewered through the heart.

A pause . . .

The sound of an alien language is heard. `One on each side of me?' Sesshomaru allows a smile to grace his lips. `They think I'm a superior opponent and killing me will give them enough honor that it can be shared. Two against one, what perfect odds. Good, let's see if they can be a challenge.' he thinks.

Ring!... Swosh!... Clang!

Spears, knives and Tokijin each sing out as they hit other.

******************

Kagome, hearing the sound of battle, turns in his direction. She points her bow in Sesshomaru's direction. `No. I can't risk it.' she thinks. She smiles. `Besides, I don't think he'll need or want my help.' She turns her attention to the aliens below.

She releases arrow number seven.

Her bow string is cut.

Her eyes widen in surprise . . .

A predator appears standing next to her. It shoves her to the ground. It roars, throwing away its spear. It points to the sword hanging at Kagome's side.

`Oh my gods . . . it wants me to fight him with my sword.' She glances at Sesshomaru.

He is busy . . .

She grasps the hilt of her sword. `Spirit of the blade! You have ignored me previously. I beg of you, please come to my aid. I will grant you full access to my power.'

Nothing . .

She draws the blade. `Please . . . help me.' she silently begs the blade.

The predator waves her to stand. She stands. `Please . . ' she begs.

The predator causally swings his twin knives at her legs. She does manage to hit the knives and deflect them, somewhat. The knives only cause flesh wounds on her legs, not cutting them in half. `He is too strong. I can't stop him.'
She grits her teeth, and raises the sword to the basic defensive position Sesshomaru has been pounding into her.

The predator is laughing at her.

She glares at her sword. `Ok. No more nice Kagome. You'll will wake up.' She concentrates on her power. She forces it into the sword.

The predator stops laughing. His sensors are showing a tremendous spike of unknown power.

He swings, hard, fast and at her neck. `I will cut her head off!'

RRIINNGG!!

Kagome's sword is in the way.

It is glowing icy blue. *I am Jaa Kalpa.* Goose bumps move up her arm and the temperature around Kagome drops suddenly. Kagome's breath fogs as she breathes out.

Kagome's arm moves without her conscious thought.

Ring! Shatter!

The Predators knives shatter. Kagome's sword froze them and the force of the blow shattered them.

The Predators eyes widen and he tries to jump back, but Kagome's sword is in his stomach before he can react.

Ice forms.

Flesh freezes.

The Predator shatters as he is turned to ice.

Kagome, finally, is able to control her arm. She brings the sword close to her and looks at it. *Warriors do not beg.*

Kagome's eyes widen, beyond the sword, she can see the edge of the ridge. The remaining black alien bugs have reached it and they swarm over it.

`Oh no! The predators, in their own way, are honorable foes. They fought us one on one, basically. Those things don't fight fair.' she thinks in a panic.

The Aliens dog pile on Sesshomaru and the two predators he is fighting.

*********************
Sesshomaru's eyes swing to the edge of the ridge. The black alien bugs are over it and are charging him and his two foes. He powers up Tokijin. `Those things are not honorable foes and do not deserve even a small chance to win. I will destroy them all with one swing.' he thinks.

Looking at and thinking about the alien bugs, distracts him.

Twin knives enter his back.

He twists and kills the predator that stabbed him, but . . .

The aliens overwhelm Sesshomaru and the other predator before they can react.

The remaining predator dies easily and quickly under the claws and jaws of the aliens.

Sesshomaru lets go of Tokijin. `They are too close. Hand to hand, then.'

His claws rip through the alien on him. The acidic blood sprays everywhere. The aliens ignore it. Their natural defenses prevent their acid from harming them.

The aliens stop attacking, sure that the acid will kill him.

Sesshomaru bites a second alien in the throat, ripping it out. `Oh well, my acidic attack will not work, it seems. Their acid is powerful. I can feel it, but mine is superior.' He spits out the flesh into the face of another alien. `They taste horrible, as well.'

The aliens begin attacking again. Sesshomaru attacks back.

Pieces of aliens fly into the air. Sesshomaru's blood is on many of them. He is able to kill any single alien. But there are three to six on him at any time and more are ready to join in when he kills them. For everyone he kills, he also takes a claw attack or a bite from the others.

`There are too many of them . . . ' he thinks. `I will take as many as I can before I die . . '

He is losing . . .

The aliens are winning and they know it. Their attacks increase in number and severity . . .

**********************

Most of the aliens are dog piling on Sesshomaru and the two aliens.

Only four begin to stalk Kagome. They flex their claws. They open their mouths and extend the inner smaller mouth. She is only human, this will be easy . . . is their obvious assumption.

Kagome licks her lips, *What do I do?* she asks Jaa Kalpa.
*Feed me power. Give me control of your arm.*

Kagome closes her eyes. *You have it.*

The cold around Kagome intensifies. But, while she knows the temperature is dropping, she feels fine, like a cool autumn day, nothing worse.

She opens her eyes.

An Alien is standing above her. Its mouth outstretched, it is about to bite her.

Jaa Kalpa slices into the alien. It freezes, even the acidic blood freezes. The alien shatters. Pieces of frozen acid do land on Kagome, but they fall off her, only causing minor skin burns.

The other three aliens flex their knees, preparing to jump onto her.

Kagome's sword swings. A wave of cold envelopes the three aliens. Even on a world with humidity only in the single digits, fog forms in the instant cold wave as the temperature drops to near absolute zero . .

The fog fades.

Three aliens statues stand, unbalanced .

They fall and they shatter when they hit the ground.

She looks at the dog pile that Sesshomaru is under. `I can feel him. His life force is failing. He's losing!' she thinks.

She looks at her sword. She swings it at the pile.

Another fog cloud appears. It fades, revealing an ice-covered pile of aliens.

**************

`Something happened!' Sesshomaru thinks. `The attacks have weakened.'

His claws burst through the chest of the alien on him, ripping out its heart. Sesshomaru shoves the dead body through the, now, unmoving mass of aliens around him.

The aliens around him shatter as the dead alien passes through them.

`I will live.' he thinks, ignoring the message of massive pain his nerves are screaming at him. He begins to crawl out of the mass of frozen aliens.

************************
An alien body flies out of the pile, shattering many of the frozen aliens.

Kagome sees movement. A blood-covered Sesshomaru is trying to crawl through the frozen alien bodies.

`Before I run to him. I've been in too many fights where Inu-yasha or I have been attacked after thinking we've won. I've got to make sure they are all dead, first.' she thinks.

She looks around. She sees nothing. She uses her mystical senses, and except for Sesshomaru's fast fading life-force, she senses nothing. Dawn is breaking, and it's a beautiful dawn, one that ordinarily would cause her to stop and admire it.

She runs to him.

"No . . . " she whispers. She sits next to him and pulls his body onto her lap, the hilt of Tenseiga shoves itself into her stomach. "Rest, Sesshomaru. I'll heal you. Don't die . . . " she whispers . .

Sesshomaru clothes only exist in fragments. They are cut and torn exposing most of his body to her view. Tokijin is grasped in his hand, even while he was trying to crawl away, he found his sword and is carrying it.

Sesshomaru legs are covered in cuts and bites. A smaller inner mouth is latched onto his right calf. His left leg between the knee and the ankle is just bloody bone all the flesh is missing.

Kagome squeezes her eyes shut for a second, then reaches out and grabs the part of Sesshomaru's intestines that were pulled out of his body by the aliens. She uses her other hand to pry open the foot-long wide gash in his abdomen and she shoves the intestines back in.

Bloody bones stick out around his heart. His ribs, barely, prevented attacks from hitting his heart, but the flesh above it, are torn and bloody, with most of his ribs broken.

The worst damage, though, is his skull. Part of his scalp has been ripped off. It is hanging on by just a flap of skin. Alien teeth are imbedded into his skull, where they tried to shatter it. He opens his mouth. "Don't you even try to say anything!" she cries. "I'll fix you. Don't move you idiot! Let me help!"

Her hand grasps Tenseiga. "I know I'm not your wielder. But help me, help him" she whispers. Her other hand, releasing the wound in his abdomen, goes to his skull.

She concentrates . . Sesshomaru and Kagome glow . . .

The glow fades . . . Sesshomaru is still wounded, but many of the major wounds are healed. His skull and scalp are together. The huge gash in his abdomen is only an ugly scar. His ribs are no longer sticking out. The flesh on his left leg has returned.
He whispers. "Thank . . . " His eyes shut, Sesshomaru is unconscious.

A flash of light in the corner of Kagome's eye attracts her attention.

In the early dawn light, she can see something has left the starship near the town. A rocket of some sort is flying away. `What? Why would a freighter have a rocket? An escape pod!' She follows the rocket.

A flash of light draws her eyes higher into the sky.

A huge comet like streak is falling from the sky. `OH my gods. That has to be the orbiting starship. It's going to crash . . . ' She looks at the town. `We are too close. How can I move him to safety?' flashes through her mind.

She looks down at him.

It's gold-like metal glowing, the early morning light winking off the inscriptions, the cube attracts her notice. The silk wrap that Sesshomaru had it in is gone, somehow. The light is glowing purple. It is ready to use.

Kagome jumps up, runs to her bag, grabs it, slinging it over her shoulder. She runs back to him.

A brilliant flash of light occurs at the town's location. The starship has crashed. The shockwaves are racing toward Kagome and Sesshomaru . . .

Kagome lands, heavily, on Sesshomaru. Her free hand grasps the cube. She picks it up and places it on his chest . . .

The shockwave arrives . .

*****************************

Back at the convoy . . . they have been watching the fight via the spy-eye . . .

"The spy-eye is destroyed." Ashley says in a sad voice. "They are dead."

"What a fight . . " somebody in the vehicle whispers.

The end of chapter 17.

Epilogue: Aliens vs. Predator

In case somebody wants to know how that story ended. Noguchi & Broken Tusk defeated the alien queen. Her head is in that escape pod with them. Broken tusk, though, was mortality wounded. Before he dies, he adopts Noguchi. Three years later, the predators return to find out what happened. Noguchi leaves with them . . .
Preview Chapter 18:

Kagome, her eyes closed, as she thinks, `Sooo weak, I could sleep for a week . . . but we made it.' She smiles. `Lost my bow, but I can make another.'

Her senses tell her that she's back on Earth.

Horrible laughter begins to come out of Sesshomaru's mouth.

She opens her eyes and looks at him. He is holding the cube, staring at it.

A strange glow, very similar to the one that is enveloping the cube, shines from his eyes.

He looks at her. "You stopped me once, now to kill you. And then . . . " He smiles, the smile of insane person, "And then . . . chaos, glorious chaos."

`Oh no! He was too weak, between the fight and the healing . . . ' she thinks.

Sesshomaru is possessed by the cube.

_________________________________

The name of the sword, by the way, is not Japanese. I wonder if anybody will figure it out?

Oh, yes, I said 6 predators in the opening of this chapter but only mentioned 5 in the text. What happened to #6? It got splattered by acidic alien body parts as Kagome was using her bow and never made it up the ridge . .

Thank you for reading, Jeff Shelton