InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ La vie en rose ❯ broken heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha..

Kikyo has been waiting in the dark tennis court for quite some time now. The lights were off and she kept it off thinking it would give the plain room a romantic mood if the only source of light was the soft glow that the moon was pouring in from outside the wide glass window.

Kikyo walked behind the tall chair that the referee sat in next to the window. The bluish glow of the moon bathed her body and she smiled as she thought of the man that was about to come any second now. And in that instant, Inuyasha came in holding a bottle of champagne in one hand and two champagne glasses in the other. He smiled at her triumphantly as if a child would when they have accomplished something good.

Slowly, he approached her, but stopped as he reached the net. She too walked towards him, stopping only as she reached the other side of the net opposite to Inuyasha.

"So how will you ever reach me if I'm in the other side of the net?" Kikyo whispered lowering her eyelids close as she smiled at him warmly which Inuyasha found very appealing. And with the moonlight bathing her whole body, she looked beautiful and almost ethereal. In other words, she looked untouchable. Inuyasha wanted to caress her face and comb her hair with his hand assuming that her skin and hair are silky smooth, but instead, he handed her a champagne glass which she accepted and poured her some champagne after he opened the bottle. He poured himself some also before he put the bottle of champagne aside in the floor.

Then Inuyasha looked at the net separating them and gave it a good tugged eventually unhooking it from the pole.

"What were you saying?" He said, and again, he smiled at her triumphantly but warmly. Just as planned the music Inuyasha requested started playing, and he offered her his hand clearly requesting the young maiden for a dance. Slowly, she handed him her hand and she was pulled towards him gently not to spill her drink. And they danced slowly very close to each other as they savored the warmth that the other one gave off.

Outside the indoor tennis court, a petite figure crouched behind the bushed by the window obviously looking at the couple dancing inside the building. Her face was that of sadness as she placed her hand on her chest as if her heart was about to fall off and break. Rapidly, her vision blurred as tears began to form but never fell.

"I feel stupid being here. Oh god, I feel like an idiot. I shouldn't have followed him nor stayed to watch them." She thought as she averted her eyes away from them. To her dismay, she found herself looking at her reflection contorted in pain and contempt.

"Since when have I become hateful?" She asked herself but there was no one to answer her except the romantic music that played from the patio for the couple inside. Thinking that she had had enough, she quickly ran off toward the garage where her quarters lay on the second floor. And swiftly, she disappeared from sight.