InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ La vie en rose ❯ the letter ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

Kagome quickly ran towards the garage. Being the chauffeur's granddaughter, she has to live with her grandfather above the garage. It's nothing much but it was home for her. She could see that the lights in the living room were still on. Her grandfather probably left it opened for her so she doesn't fall over the books on the floor when she comes in.

As she reached the steel staircase, she slow down her pace and tried to regain her composure, not wanting to alarm her grandfather of her current distraught if he was awake. Slowly, she went up the stairs. She opened the front door as quietly as she can so she doesn't wake her grandpa, but to no avail. Her grandfather was sitting in an armchair as he indulged himself into reading a book.

'He's reading his history books again.' She smiled gently as she looked at the book cluttered living room quickly forgetting about the previous events.

"Kagome, I see your back." He said prying his eyes off the historical manuscript.

"Yes, I am. So, how was your day grandpa?" She said as she picked up a book here and there trying to tidy up the room a little bit.

"Just the usual, I was mostly in the kitchen drinking tea with Kaede. Then after that, I picked up Mr. Masaharu from work." Then he closed his book and stood up. After making his way around the other books on the floor, he stopped in front of a drawer and took out something.

"Which one?" She asked even though she already knew which one it was. Inuyasha doesn't work in an office; actually she doesn't really know what he does. He used to do business with his father, but he just stopped one day. His dad's been retired now for five years, but he does business dealings when his eldest son is out of town. So it's probably the eldest son. The maids here calls him the 'world's only heart donor' because he looks cold, and he's known to be brutal in his business dealings buying and closing company after company that he wants.

"This arrived today." He looked at Kagome seriously as he showed her an envelope. "It's for you."

Quickly, she came up to him, and took the envelope.

'Du Pont Institution of Culinary Arts.' Kagome stared at the enveloped with shock, but quickly opened it with much anticipation.

Du Pont Institution of Culinary Arts 13096 rue de Montaparnasse Bienvenue Paris, France 98274-2783 Le numero de telephone: 48.46.36.78.65

Chere Mademoiselle Kagome Hirugashi,

Vous avez etre choisir....

Kagome stopped reading the paper trying to remember the words that she learned in French class, which she unfortunately forgot with her current excitement.

"Ah-hem. There's translation in the back, my dear." Her grandfather said as she blushed in embarrassment. She turned the paper over and did found a translation.

Dear Miss Kagome Hirugashi,

You have been chosen by Du Pont Institution of Culinary Arts. We welcome you to our institution and we express gratitude for your interest in Du Pont Institution of Culinary Arts.

Our goal is to provide excellent education concerning different techniques in the culinary trade. And support services within a highly supportive personalized environment...

"I'm going to Paris. I'm going to PARIS!" She screamed happily as she hugged her grandfather who returned it. He was beaming with pride to know that his granddaughter was accepted in a prestigious school of cooking.

"I see. When are you going?" He asked as he let her go. She quickly read the paper scanning it as fast as she could.

"I'm enrolled for this fall. And I am to stay in Paris for two years to complete my culinary training." She said as looked at her grandpa with a smile on her face but with sadness evident in her eyes. She was going to leave him here alone.

"Don't be sad because I'm very proud and happy for you. You get to see a world outside of these walls. And plus two years, will pass by quickly. Believe me." He reassured her. 'Plus you'll be away from Inuyasha, maybe far enough to forget him.'

"Thank you, gramps. That means so much." She said as she her smile got bigger and the sadness went away. Then she giddily jumped around the room chanting 'I'm going to Paris' over and over again. Her grandfather just shook his head and bid her good night. She bid him good night and gave him a quick hug before he went to bed.

She stayed in the living room for a while cleaning after the excitement went away, and questions filled her mind as her consciousness departed away from the garage and into the future.

'I guess a future without Inuyasha. Away from my childhood dreams.' She thought sadly guessing her grandfather felt the same way, but he was more on the relieved side. Sighing, she maneuvered her way around the books and to the front door. Quietly, she slipped outside of the room and into the cool summer night.