InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ La vie en rose ❯ sesshoumaru ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

The ball was still at large in the mansion. Nothing much was happening except for the usual chattering and dancing. But somewhere inside the ball room, a young man around his mid-twenties was being flocked by men in black suits. Particularly, this young man was surrounded by old men in expensive designer black tuxedos that talks about nothing but business. This young man had long silver hair tied in a low ponytail and deep amber eyes. He smiled once since he came inside. His smile was an orthodontist's dream, straight white teeth set in a jaw too strong to be anything but stubborn, and the women would flutter their eyes to him but would never go near him. He was, what you say, beautiful, his face a bit feminine but his very essence screamed that was very masculine indeed. The only thing that keeps this man from the hungry talons of women was that his cold demeanor made him seemed untouchable and out of reach. This man was also quite peculiar, for instead of the normal black tuxedo that everyone's wearing, he had on a navy blue business suit. Go figure.

"So young man, how's your company doing this time of the year? I heard that you've been buying and selling here and there, making big money." A short old man around his seventies asked the silver haired man as they stood near the cocktail bar with the other business men.

"So I have. The company is doing just fine. How about you? I thought you would have been retired by now." He said as he picked up a cocktail and slowly sipped a little bit into his mouth. He had been friends with the old man for a long time now. The old man's practically family now, as you may say, since his been in everything that is of importance to this family. And the old man was his mentor along with his father until he grew up and could stand in his own two feet.

"Well, this Myouga is just fine. And my boy, retired life is too way boring." Myouga said cheerfully as he raised his champagne cup to him.

"I see. Well, Myouga, you may be right on that." The young man said and he raised his cup to the latter.

"Excuse me, Master Sesshoumaru." One of the house butlers said acquiring his attention immediately. The young man, Sesshoumaru, turned to face the butler but didn't say anything. A slight nod from him and the butler continued. "Your father wants to talk to you, sir. He is waiting for you in the court yard."

The butler bowed down in respect, and turned to go and do some other errands.

"You know, Sesshoumaru." Myouga paused waiting for the young man to look at him.

"What, Myouga?" He replied immediately.

"You should have changed into something more fitting for a ball. You look like your going to a business meeting."

"I didn't have time to change, and I also didn't see the point of doing so. Well, goodnight to you Myouga. Enjoy the rest of the party." He said as he gave old man a short bow and left for the courtyard leaving Myouga to talk to the other business men.

*

Sesshoumaru walked slowly but in a steady pace. When he reached the courtyard, his eyes immediately scanned the area for his father. The man was almost as tall as him and shouldn't be hard to spot.

"Looking for me?" The voice was smooth but full of humor. Sesshoumaru knew who it was immediately, but didn't turn to face him.

"Father, you called me here." He said sensing that his father moved to his side.

"Well, I did, didn't I?" He said as he slowly walked towards the champagne bar next to the intricately designed doors. This time Sesshoumaru turned his head to look at him. He had a big urge to sigh but decided against it and followed his father. His father quickly handed him a champagne glass and had the bartender pour them drinks. They didn't say anything for minutes.

"Have you seen your brother?" His father immediately asked. Sesshoumaru raised his eyebrows and looked at his father like he had two heads.

"No, I haven't." He said plainly as he swiveled his head to look at something else, mainly the moon.

"He was dancing with the Miko girl a while ago, but then they just disappeared. What was her name? Yes, it's Kikyo Miko."

"The Miko family is here?" He asked but didn't show his curiosity.

"Yes, they're here. I've heard from my sources that you wanted to merge with the Miko Industries, did you not?" Sesshoumaru didn't say anything to that. It was well known that the Miko Industries is one of the most successful technological companies specializing in computers. Merging with them would one of the most successful dealings of the Masaharu Tech which specializes in nanotechnology.

"Your brother should learn how to dress. He was wearing a white tuxedo. Does he want to look like a barber?" His father said jokingly quickly changing the subject. Sesshoumaru let a small sigh to pass his lips. He was having a headache from the drinks and looking at the people dance and twirls everywhere.

"I am to retire to my room. I must think on the merger and plan on how I'm going to win this." He placed his drink on the table and the bartender quickly cleaned the glass.

"Well, much luck to you Sesshoumaru. This one will be hard to break." His father smiled knowingly.

Sesshoumaru quickly said his goodnight and left his father. In a matter of moments, he disappeared from sight and into the gardens. His father raised his glass to the direction of where his son was headed to.

"Much luck to you." And he drank the rest of his champagne.