InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ La vie en rose ❯ leaving for paris ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters...

"So, Kagome tell me what happened with you and Master Sesshoumaru last night?" A young woman around her late teens asked Kagome as she placed some dough in the oven to bake. She had dark brown hair that reached her lower back with matching colored eyes. She was sporting a black uniform for maids topped with an apron that says `don't bother me...I'm cooking' in the front and magenta colored eye shadow.

"Ne, Sango-chan, nothing happened." Kagome replied back as she readied the morning coffee for the servants of the mansion. She does not work for the Masaharu family, but it's been a habit that she makes breakfast for the servants of the house with Sango just to help out. Sometimes the old master of the house would come down and drink some of the coffee that they make, not that they're complaining. It is his house.

"Really, Kagome, what happened last night?" She asked again firm on her resolve to get some information. Kagome sighed in defeat as she turned to look at her long time friend and wondered what's she's doing here in the mansion. And it crossed her mind that Sango-chan is here to work for the Masaharu's for the whole summer to earn some cash and to spend some time with her grandmother, Kaede.

"To make it simple, I wanted to walk in the gardens to think when I tripped on a root and sprained my ankle. Master Sesshoumaru just came out of nowhere, and offered to help me back here to get an ice pack for my foot by carrying me bridal style all the way here in the kitchen." She said replied back. "I thanked him and he was gone after that."

"Really, so what were you thinking, Kagome-chan?" She asked as she sat on one of the stools on the counter to drink her tea.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you about that." Kagome said as she sat on a stool also next to her friend. "I was accepted at Du Pont University of Culinary Arts at Paris. I just found out about it last night. And if I go, I might leave in a matter of weeks for France."

"If you go? I think you should go. It's a great opportunity, Kagome-chan. And when you come back, we could start our own business together or something." Sango was a student at NYU with a business major. With a warrior spirit like hers, she could tackle any business competition out of the way. "Did he really carry you bridal style, Kagome?"

Kagome started to giggle feeling like a school girl all over again.

"So Higurashi-san, did he really carry you bridal style?" A deep masculine voice aged with time curiously asked Kagome. Kagome was a bit startled by the voice and swiveled her head to look for the owner.

"Master...Master Inutaisho!" Both of the girls exclaimed as they bowed low for the old master of the house.

"Don't look so startled girls." He said mirthfully as he took out a mug out of the cupboard and went over to where the coffee was. "I'm only here for the coffee, though I am curious if he really did carry you bridal style."

Kagome nodded yes blushing slightly as she remembered the warmth that permeated from his body.

"Ah, I see. Did I hear right when you said you were accepted in a university at Paris?" He asked as he poured himself a good amount of hot coffee.

"Yes, sir, I've been accepted in a university." She answered back.

"Good for you, Kagome, though I'm going to miss you and your coffee." He smiled good-naturedly at her as she smiled back. He's known her since childhood and he always was good to her and her family. Sometimes he acts as if he was her father, giving her lectures and advices on stuff. But all in all he was a good man though a little strict.

After a few more minutes of conversing, he immediately left with his coffee mug muttering something about business plans. At the same time, most of the servants are down in the kitchen to get some food for breakfast. After that, everything was normal in the Masaharu mansion once again.

The brothers didn't come down for breakfast which was normal. Master Sesshoumaru must be in his private studies, while the younger one was in his chambers battling a serious hangover.

Yes, another normal day. Ones that Kagome will miss and cherish when she departs and be pulled into a new world, a world where the mansion's gates will not hinder her movements and she will be free at last.

A several weeks later...

"Bonjour, mademoiselle. Vous desirez?" One of the stewardesses asked her.

"Non, merci." Kagome replied back already feeling very comfortable in her seat.

It was her first time in a plane and she was in first class, too. Master Inutaisho gave her the first class ticket for Paris saying it will be his good luck gift to her. Many of the servants gave her gifts also like they will never see her ever again. Sango gave her a shinai saying that she should be able to beat on any perverted guy that she come across with it.

`She's probably traumatized by Miroku for life.' Kagome thought as the face of a handsome young man around twenty with a short ponytail popped out of her head. And she remembered the funny moments when Sango use to beat him up for groping her in high school, though it was clear to Kagome that they both love each other. They just don't know it yet, or maybe they know but still hiding it.

On the other hand, Miroku also works at the Masaharu mansion as the gardener. Yes, it sounds like a lowly job, but don't be fooled. Miroku is completing his third year in Botany and is a part of a big research program. So he's no bum, he is just totally in love...or a total stalker. Anyways, the lecher gave her a scarf and a squeeze which gave him a quick slap and a hug.

Grandfather gave her a silver laptop and some allowance for her to use when she gets to Paris. And at least five books that she could read in her way there. She didn't see Master Inuyasha on her last days in the mansion. He was always away and comes home late at night, though she wished that she could have said good bye to him.

She did see Master Sesshoumaru on her last night in the mansion. Thinking about it still makes her feel a little confused for some reason.

***FLASHBACK***

Kagome walked as fast as she could towards her little spot. She wouldn't be able to come here for along time, so she better make it worth while. Plus she long for the sweet solitude that the place emit, it's always been able to calm her so even in the most frustrating times. And now it's just the thing that she needs. Like always the place was pretty dark, since most of the moonlight was being filtered by the leafy foliages. Though the darkness of the miniature forest at night doesn't bother her at all, she was use to it like the back of her hand.

"Oomph...etai..." `Yep, like the back of my hand.' She thought sarcastically as she tried to push her face off the leafy ground only to look upon a pair of very familiar looking shoes.

"Why is it that we keep meeting this way?" She said smiling a little as she looked up at the stoic face staring down at her. He only looked down to raise an eyebrow at her.

"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping by now, Ms. Higurashi?" He asked cooly.

"Well Master Sesshoumaru, I don't have a curfew since this is my last day here and I thought that a short stroll in the gardens at night might do me some good." She explained politely.

"Last day?" He asked as if suddenly curious but didn't show it.

"Hai, I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow afternoon." She said as she took his hand which waited in front of her face for her to hold on to. Slowly, he pulled her up in a standing position and eventually let go of her hand after.

"Well, I guess it's not the same since I didn't sprain my ankle this time." She said as she smiled to look up at him. He didn't say anything but just stared at her cooly.

"Well, good night, Master Sesshoumaru." She said thinking that he has nothing to say to her and her time is running low. She turned to her left and started walking again.

"Why is it that you keep calling me Master Sesshoumaru even though you're not a servant in the mansion?"

Kagome stopped in her tracks and spun around to look at him. He sounded like he was talking to himself but none the less she answered it.

"I know I'm not a servant, though my grandfather is. And plus, I've been calling you that since we were children, so you could call it a habit if you like."

`How weird? This is probably the longest conversation we've had in our lives and the last one probably.' Kagome thought as she looked at the untouchable angel in front of her and could only form one word in her mind. Loneliness...

***END FLASH BACK***

`Yes, he's like the angel from hell or like the devil from paradise, like I always say.' Kagome thought as she tried to concentrate on something else, mainly Paris.