InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ La vie en rose ❯ engagements and roses ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or the movie `Sabrina'

Masaharu Mansion, two years later...

Inuyasha woke up quite early today for no apparent reason. Being not able to go back to sleep, he went downstairs to eat breakfast in the dining room where he was immediately served his morning meal and today's newspaper. After finishing his bowl of chicken flavored ramen soup with grilled shrimp, he casually flipped through the newspaper as he drank some of the tea prepared for him. He didn't see anything good in the sports column or in the business column, so he went to the society column. To his shock, he found a picture of himself with Kikyo walking down the red carpet during a big movie premier. And beneath it in big bold print was "Youngest Masaharu Heir: Getting Married."

He couldn't breathe and immediately started choking on tea as it went down the wrong tube. After a few minutes of gagging and the tea cleared out of his lungs, he wiped his mouth with his napkin, and ran to his room to get dressed. Along the way, he cussed under his breath and thought that someone will pay for not even asking him about it. It's his damn marriage for crying out loud and he didn't even know of it happening.

"Damn, Sesshoumaru. I know he knows something about this." He said to himself as he ordered for his car to be readied. He'll have to pay his older brother a visit.

Just outside of the mansion, Ojii-san, Kaede-san, Sango, and Miroku gathered behind Master Sesshoumaru's car as Sango read the letter to everyone.

Dearest Grandfather,
I've missed you and everyone at the mansion. But soon I will be coming home. I should be graduating in a matter of weeks and soon I'll be getting my diploma also. Paris has been very kind to me. The people are nice and the atmosphere is different from what I was use to.

In my studies, I have met a gentleman who is a duke. He is taking a soufflé class in the university. He introduced me to his inner circle and met a lot of sophisticated people. And he liked me so much that he stayed for another lesson...

"Oh, my, she finally found a man that she likes." Ojii-san said happily, but quickly apologized for interrupting and urged Sango to go on reading. Sango just nodded her head and continued.

...His name is Kouga. He is handsome and well-mannered, but a little brash. But I don't think he can compete with Inuyasha in my heart...

"You should never get your hopes up like that, Higurashi." Kaede said knowingly and everybody agreed. Everybody who is close to Kagome knows that she is in love with Inuyasha since childhood and Ojii-san never liked the idea one bit. Just then, speaking of the devil, Master Inuyasha opened the door with enough force to break the walls and immediately came running into the garage and took his silver Mustang GT. Miroku tried yelling that Kagome has written something about him in the letter. But he was never heard, as Master Inuyasha drove off as fast as he can.

"What is his problem?" Miroku said as he looked at everyone with a confused face. Everyone just shook their heads, and levelly looked at Miroku. Sango cleared her throat again, and sighed.

"He is getting married. Didn't you read the papers yet?" Sango asked. And Miroku looked at her thoughtfully and then smiled as everything became clear to him now.

"They didn't inform him about it, did they?" Miroku asked but already knew the answer to it.

"Bingo." Sango said and then looked at Kagome's letters and started reading it again. But not before swearing that she'll strangle the next person who interrupts her.

...It is late at night. And out side a musician is playing `La Vie En Rose' at a café across the street. It means `looking at life through rose colored glasses.'

`It is late at night. And out side a musician is playing `la vie en rose' at a café across the street. It means `looking at life through rose colored glasses.'

Kagome stopped writing to look outside of her window. Paris is really quite beautiful at night as it shimmers golden from the city lights. Every night since she got here, she would situate herself near the window and look at city and if she looked long enough she would see the lights turn off one by one and the sky would be filled with stars. It always amazes her with its simple grandeur.

...Quand il me prend dans ses bras Il me parle tous bas Je voie la vie en rose Il me dit des mot d'amour Des mots de tous les jours...

"A typical song for those who are in love." Kagome thought as she looked down on the pair sitting at a table outside eating dinner. And by them was the musician who was finishing the song and was accompanied by another man with a violin. It was quite enchanting really. The song. It means that when one is with the person they love, everything seems to glow in pink and happiness. And that everyday words turn in to words of love when they speak.

"Is that how I feel for Inuyasha?" She said to herself, but the thought was lost when she heard knocking on her door.

"Mademoiselle, Monsieur Kouga vous a envoié des fleurs. Voulez-vous les fleurs, mademoiselle?" A woman said outside her door. And quickly Kagome went to open the door and was met with a large bouquet of red roses.

"Merci, madame." She took them and gave the lady un pourboire. They said their goodnights and she left leaving Kagome to close the door. Immediately, she got an empty vase out of her cabinet and put the flowers in it one by one.

`Roses...Traditional flowers given to the person you like...Does Kouga...'

"Nah." Kagome said to herself as she finished arranging the flowers and placed it near her window. When she looked down again, she saw a man in a black suit carrying a rose in his hand. He had long black a hair that was pulled up in a ponytail and was looking up at her window.

"Kouga..." Her eyes started to twitch a little, but none the less she opened the window to wave at him.

"Merci pour les fleurs, Kouga!" She yelled.

"No problem, my dear lady." He yelled back and gave her a charming bow. And then he waved goodbye and walked off.

"Nah." Kagome said to her self again shaking her head a little. Then she went back to her letter. It's quiet outside now and silence accompanied her once more.

"Inuyasha...will I reach you someday?" She murmured to herself as and then continued writing.

...And that is how I feel. I feel like I'm looking at the world through rose colored glasses. I have learned how to live of a world on the world. I have learned to never run away. And to face the world without fear or regret.

Well Ojii-san, please pick me up at the airport. I will be the most sophisticated woman that you'll see there. Good-bye for now. I love you.
Yours truly,
Kagome

Some nodded their head and some started jumping around in excitement that Kagome is going home. And happiness seems to follow them through out the day.

Inuyasha parked quickly in front of a fifty story high building which had a tinted glass exterior and a lot of people coming in and out of the entrance door. Immediately, he went through the automatic doors after giving his key to the door man to park his car appropriately.

"WELCOME TO THE MASAHARU TECH BUILDING..." said an automated voice through the intercom. But Inuyasha paid no heed to it as he went inside the elevator and up to the top floor. The ride up was slow since there were many people going one at a time. And when he got to his brother's floor, he was all alone. When he got off, he was greeted by Sesshoumaru's short ancient toad who was the secretary and formerly their father's.

"Good morning, Mister Inuyasha. Your brother would like to see you immediately." He squawked out and turned around to lead him to Sesshoumaru's office. He didn't say anything and just followed the toad to his desk. The whole floor was Sesshoumaru's office so it wasn't that hard to find.

"Mister Sesshoumaru, your brother is here." He said politely in his phone. Immediately, the door slid open by itself and Inuyasha went in without another word. When he was inside, the door closed behind him just as fast.

He scanned the room with his eyes since he hasn't been in this place for many years. And it looked the same as the last time he saw it. Bluish white walls and navy blue carpeted floor. A bar was to his right and the door next to it was Sesshoumaru's kitchen. To his left was another door that leads to Sesshoumaru's library and inside there would be another door leading to his sleeping quarters in the building. And across from him was an expensive oak desk especially hand crafted for Sesshoumaru and a leather office chair. And behind it was Sesshoumaru who was looking outside the glass wall.

"I'm mad." Inuyasha explained. And Sesshoumaru turned around and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He was wearing his usual Armani business suit contrast to Inuyasha's casual vest, loose polo shirt, and tailored pants. But both looked very sophisticated in their own respected levels.

"It's the first time the family approves. You are to marry one of the most successful technological companies in the world." He stated. Inuyasha just looked at him incredulously and then angrily.

"Why don't you marry her?" He yelled. And Sesshoumaru just shook his head.

"Temper, little brother." Sesshoumaru said to him as he gracefully sat down on his chair.

"You still haven't answered my question, Sesshoumaru." He said as he walked to his left where Sesshoumaru's wine bar is and took out a cup out of the cupboard and poured a good doze of champagne on to it.

"I don't need another headache. And she already agreed to the engagement and went home to plan for the wedding. She will come back and I will talk to her father and the merging will be complete." He explained to him as he looked through some papers. Inuyasha drank his cup quickly and slammed it in the counter. He glared at Sesshoumaru and then left the room with out saying anything.

"He took it pretty well, don't you think?" Inutaisho said as he entered the room from the library. Sesshoumaru tried not to sigh. He was getting a headache from all this. And knowing Inuyasha, he will do something that might stop the marriage.

"You know, Sesshoumaru. I'm curious. Why don't you want to marry the Miko girl? It is your business that you're merging with them." He asked as he walked towards the bar and poured himself a good doze of champagne.

`The resemblance is quite outstanding.' Sesshoumaru thought sarcastically as he looked at his father inhaling the drink in seconds just like Inuyasha did. His father smiled at him like he knows what he is thinking so he looked away, but answered his question nonetheless.

"Do you really think that any woman would understand why her husband is always in his office day and night and comes home rarely? No, I think not. She would only think that her husband is doing something that would shame her and their vows. If I marry anyone, the probability of that happening to my wife is quite high. In addition to that, Kikyo annoys me and Inuyasha annoys me. So they should be perfect for each other." He explained to his father who was chuckling at the comment.

"Well that explains everything. But just make sure that no one gets hurt and I'll be fine with this plan of using your little brother for business purposes. Well good luck, Sesshoumaru. I hope that everything goes fine." He said seriously, and Sesshoumaru nodded yes. Inutaisho went back to his merry self and poured another doze of champagne to his cup. And left immediately.

"I hope it goes well too father." Sesshoumaru murmured to himself before indulging himself into the papers that needs reviewing.