InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lady's Man of the West ❯ Bad Boys ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh, my God! It's finally back! The internet is finally back. But…Sesshoumaru sit! Is gone! The computer crashed and it's gone! I haven't started rewriting it yet -bursts into tears- I don't even want to remember how hard I worked on it, and how it just…pooft. Waaah!
On the other hand, this chapter and a one-shot I just submitted are safe, because they were in a different drive. I'm so sorry. Oh, and my new chapter 2 of Sesshoumaru, sit! Is safe, too. Why you, ch26, why you!!!!!!
Review Replies:
melli: Hi-ho, Melli! So happy to hear from you again. Hopefully this chapter won't be too disappointing ^.^; Thanx for the support -glomps the breath out of you- Oh my! You want Sesshoumaru, sit! Sesshoumaru, sit! You reminded me again -bursts into tears-
Kirie: Kirie! Oh, my dear, I don't know whether to hug you, laugh, or run away to hide. So good to see your review after such a long time. Ehehhh. I gave him breasts…maybe =.=; Ok, so I probably did. It won't last. I swear! (say hi to puddin head for me!!!) Bwahaha! Just saw your other review. I won't make Sessy cry…wait. Let me think about this. You've just put a whole bunch of evil thoughts in my head (some of which I had previously) You're a genius!!! I just love you! (I really missed you T-T )
Darkflameangel: Oh, boy, it's been so long since I've seen you (ya know what I mean) missed you a lot! Heheee! You're the second person to mention the `time of the month' problem XD Wow! I guess I'm not the only one who thought of it. YES! Miroku NEEDS this one! (the curse) I just loved your review my dear. You're a pleasure to hear from -sniff- Did I tell you that I absolutely loved your review? Oh well…I adored it!
Inuyasha's Mate: You're so nice I wanna cry T-T You'll like this chapter too, hopefully ^.^ (Hee. Nice name!)
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha; Rumiko Takahashi does. I don't even own this idea; Shrew-hanyou does….I don't own much of anything, so please, don't sue me.
Taiyoukai: Demon lord.
Taijiya: Demon exterminator.
Baka: Idiot.
Hanyou: Half demon.
Youkai: demon.
Miko: Priestess.
Kitsune: Fox.
-San: Mr., Mrs., and Miss, Sir or madam.
-Sama: Used to confer great respect, like for those better in status. (Like a lord)
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
CHAPTER 2:
It was one of the strangest days Kagome had had yet -besides when she was pulled into the well the first time. Never in a million years has she imagined pulling Sesshoumaru -or rather someone who showed all the signs of being him- along with her. Except the taiyoukai look-alike was a woman.
The lady wouldn't let her help at first. She acted like the idea of being touched was the most insulting thing ever suggested. She was too weak to walk on her own too, so Kagome assumed she preferred being helped along to being seen with her face in the dirt. The young miko expected the woman would have stayed where she was if not for the dangers that presented.
“So…do you remember anything? I know you already said no, but I thought it might be because you had just woken up.”
“No,” the lady answered, head high. She sounded like she would rather not talk to her.
“Don't worry Miss…um…Don't worry. I'm sure you'll get your memory back soon. Kaede-bachan would love to help you.”
The woman made an inarticulate noise and Kagome decided it was best concentrate her energy on the walk, because talking wouldn't do either of them much good. She carried most of the lady's weight on her shoulder, and she was rather heavy.
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
“You stupid fleabag! If you weren't a girl right now I'd-!”
“You had it coming, dog-shit.”
“What the hell! I didn't do it on purpose! Why'd you have to go and slap me like that?” the hanyou raged, clutching an angry-red cheek.
“Maybe next time you'll be careful where you're putting your hands.”
Inuyasha turned scarlet. “I was pushing you out of the way. You turned around in the middle of it. Not my fault!”
“Hm. I wonder how deep this thing is,” the wolf said, more to himself than anyone else.
They were making their way through a narrow tunnel in the ground after both had caught an unfamiliar human scent trailing down into it. Kouga wouldn't stay behind no matter how much Inuyasha argued. `It's as much my business as it is yours. In fact, it's a lot more my business.'
Besides that, Inuyasha was in constant danger of seeing more than he cared to; the wolf was in front of him, leaning down and making his way through the uneven passageway. The damn skirt of his was as hazardous as Kagome's!
“I should have been at the front,” he grumbled. “I have a better sense of smell than you do-oohf!” He bumped into the prince's back. “What? Why did you stop!” he snapped in a hiss.
“Shh!” Kouga hissed back. “Look at this.”
“What?” He looked over the wolf's shoulder. The tunnel still went on and on. “We're not there yet.”
“Yes we are you blind baka. Look.” He pointed at the ground inches from his fur-clad feet. The hanyou squinted at it.
He drew back slowly. “What the hell is it?”
There was a barely visible distortion in the air just above the ground. A pass, used to travel either from one place to the other, or more dangerously, from one time to another.
“This has to be it. It's a couple of days old.”
“How do you know that?”
Kouga smirked back at him. “Good thing I'm here to guide you, mutt face.”
“You wish!” he snapped, turning a humiliated shade of red.
“It's smaller than it would have been if it were new,” he went on. “Obviously the traveler intends to use it again, and that's why it's still slightly open. So we know the end of this tunnel has some answers at least.”
“Can't we just use the damn thing-” he pointed at the warp, “-to get to the miko?”
“The passage needs to be activated. We can't just use it. Besides, how do we know she'll be at the end of it? I suggest we go back to your village.”
“No way! You just said we can get some answers if we follow this thing through.”
“Stupid mutt! We won't be able to make it there! Can't you sense the purifying aura!”
He did, just before Kouga started his babbling. It was still pretty far off, but it was strong!
“Fuck!”
“Yeah,” the wolf agreed, blue eyes glinting in the dark.
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
Roses are red. Gangsters are shady. No one's as mean. As the Sesshoumaru lady. Kagome only wished she could do something about it. The moment she decided she was going to lecture her about the snubs, the anonymous woman decided to collapse clutching her stomach.
“Ack! What is it!” Kagome slid down to the ground beside her. The lady looked…shocked, to say the least. She didn't seem to be prepared for the pain she had to be feeling. “What do you feel? Did you eat something…?” Not that she would remember, thought the young miko.
Clear golden eyes stared back at her, having returned to their previous cool. “I am fine.” Kagome helped her stand and they started their -more precisely, Kagome's- excruciating walk to the village.
Kagome felt her stiffen beside her moments later and tried to hurry her steps. She must have been poisoned. Something made her lose her memory, and maybe that was only the beginning…No. No, I don't want you to die in my arms too! She couldn't bear it. Not again. Not after Kikyou. When Kagome's soul had returned to her, leaving Kikyou, the undead miko had dropped limply against her. That same day they had worked together for the first time, the combined power of their arrows finishing the evil half-demon off.
Naraku was dead at least. Miroku's Kazaana was no more; a good thing. Kohaku finally had his freedom, even if he didn't live long afterwards. He was happy, taking his final, real breaths in his sister's arms. Sango was heartbroken, but she knew it was best. At least she got to say goodbye.
Kagome was lucky Inuyasha was still talking to her. She knew he blamed her for Kikyou's death. Maybe he still put up with her because they needed to gather shards. Naraku had shrewdly shattered the part he possessed, sending the pieces flying every which way when he knew his death was imminent.
The miko peeked at the woman next to her, remembering Sesshoumaru's part. If the brothers hadn't joined forces that final hour it wouldn't have ended well for anyone. Those two were powerful together. She was hoping they would make up after that. Of course they didn't. But Sesshoumaru stopped trying to take Tetsusaiga, despite the sword's superior power. It was Inuyasha's, and that finally seemed to sink in.
They weren't enemies anymore. But they didn't like one another either.
Kagome?
She jumped in terror, nearly letting the older woman go. “Inuyasha! You scared me!” She looked around, trying to find him and cursing her lack of attention. “Where are you?” His youki was a little way to the right. And he had someone else with him.
“Here.” He came out of the shadows, glaring at the large bundle she was holding onto. “Who's that?”
“Um…” she peeked behind him, waiting for the other presence to show itself. “I don't know. She doesn't remember. This is my friend, Inuyasha,” she told the silent woman. The lady didn't seem to care, although she did give the hanyou an assessing glance. “Who's there?” Kagome asked, nodding her head behind him.
Inuyasha smirked and waved his arm over his head. “Come out of there, flea-bag. She's going to find out sooner or later.”
“Bastard,” Kagome heard someone mumble angrily. She squinted in the direction when the familiar figure emerged slowly. It was Kouga. It could be no one else-
Kouga!” She nearly let go of the lady this time. “K-Kouga. You…um…You're female,” she said uncertainly. And He looked pretty too.
“Hey, Kagome,” Kouga greeted before clearing his throat consciously and glaring heatedly at the chuckling hanyou. I'll kill that asshole!
As for Kagome, she was a hundred percent certain now that the woman she was holding was Sesshoumaru. She looked suspiciously at Inuyasha.
He felt her scrutiny and stiffened in offense, guessing at the obvious route her thoughts were taking. “I'm still a guy!”
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
There they walk, not knowing, not seeing
-the future that awaits change, the hearts that expect healing.
The little girl that I am, and the darkness that I'm stealing.
Wait here my fair warrior, with armor and with shield
This cage you've built, I will wield.
Soon, very soon, you will understand
-that not all is you, and not all you are
-a man.
> > > > > > > > > > > >
The old miko and the young girl were a troublesome lot, even though she didn't quite know why she thought so. From the moment she awakened, she felt wrong. Out of place. Like she didn't quite fit...in anything. She felt a stranger to her own self, and it irritated the hell out of her, the feeling being the most familiar to her about her so far.
She studied herself in the small, fake-silver mirror the girl had given her and found she did not know the reflected image. She did not even know her name, a detail she felt ashamed to admit. But most of all, she hated the strange looks the hanyou kept giving her when he entered the cottage. How she hated being stared at.
“I'll call you…whatever you want while we figure out just who you are and what your story is,” the irritating, whiny young female addressed her chirpily. “What would you like to be called? We can't keep calling you `woman' all the time.”
“I like Kadan-sama. It's a pretty name,” Shippo put in from behind Kagome's leg.
“A very gentle, yet elegant name, don't you think, young lady?” the old miko said.
“Humph,” the now-Kadan-sama answered.
“Feh. Just call her wench, like I do Kagome.”
“Sit, you jerk!”
`Kadan' watched the hanyou's face connect with the floor in disgust. “Very well.”
Everyone turned to stare at the woman who had finally spoken. Kagome made the first sound. “Huh?”
“She likes the name, Kagome!” Shippo hopped in delight.
“That's great! Kadan-sama it is!” The young miko had a hunch that the woman wouldn't take a lesser honorific than -sama very well. Sesshoumaru didn't. On the other hand, she was sure Sesshoumaru wouldn't be very appreciative of being given a girly name. Even if he was a girl at the time -yes, she was still quite sure this lady was him.
Kadan was sitting up on a futon in the middle of the room, surrounded by the two mikos, the hanyou, the wolf, and the kitsune child. They were nothing short of insulting, the way they so easily invaded her privacy. She deserved a room of her own, where she could think and try to recall what happened to her. Who she was.
To their benefit, they left shortly after to do a few errands. Peace at last. The younger miko and hanyou were beginning to argue heatedly and it was getting on her nerves. The kit was still present, but for some reason she was grateful for, he was making himself scarce around her.
Kadan's head snapped to the door when it moved to admit a human shaped creature. A…monk.
Miroku startled when he heard a strange, soft growling as he went in. “Oh! I'm very sorry. I didn't know anyone was here.” He smiled apologetically and bowed. “Kaede-bachan's patient, I assume?” He swallowed nervously when the lovely…familiar lady glared coldly back at him. “Mm…Anything I can do to help?”
“I guess I'd better tell that frog I found him…her.” Inuyasha smirked. “I'm not going to let him live this down. God, I hope it's him.”
“Jaken?”
“No, baka. Sesshoumaru.”
“I mean you're talking about telling Jaken? How come? I didn't know you cared, Inuyasha.” Kagome looked at him suspiciously.
“He knows where a few shards are, so we made a deal. My part was that I'd find the bastard, that's all.”
The young miko took a deep breath. “Hmm. Yeah. The shards are very important to you.”
“Uh…yeah.”
They walked in silence for several moments. “Do you know what happened?”
“Eh? Ah, I have an idea.”
“And Kouga had nothing to do with it?”
“Let's not bring him up, ok? The only good thing about that flea-bag is that he's not all over you for once," he mumbled angrily.
"Oh...I did notice he wasn't so...affectionate." Kagome giggled. “So I take it he did have something to do with you finding out about it. I didn't think you could do it on your own. So tell me. How is it he's a woman, too?”
“What's that supposed to mean! I can do it! If I wanted to! I can even find the shards on my own if I really tried!”
“Oh. Is that so?” She quirked a brow at him. “Well then maybe I should leave and let you take charge for a while, huh?”
“Don't be stupid!” he barked.
“That way I can get a little time off from all this work.”
“Work? What work! You're the laziest wench I ever met!”
“Hah! Lazy! I don't even have to help you, have you ever thought about that! I'm just plain nice!”
“Aw, you're plain alright!”
“What was that!”
“You heard me, stupid wench!” He flattened his ears, expecting an upcoming sitting. The shaking fists at her sides, the vein throbbing angrily in her temple, the dilated pupils…He was going to get it.
She was huffing and puffing angrily, trying to calm herself before she ended up killing him. “Fine then, I guess you don't need me around! I'm going home!” She turned about and began marching her way to the well.
“Where the hell-! Again! Fine! Fine, go on ahead! See if I care!”
“All you care about are those dumb shards!” she spat back.
“So I do! Am I supposed to care about you!”…Shit.
As predicted, she stopped. “Guess not.”
He waited for her to start her angry walk but she just kept standing there. Well, he sure wasn't going to move. He wasn't going to say anything either, afraid he might screw things up even more.
“Alright then, I guess that's that.” She began to walk again…
Had she been waiting for him to apologize!
“W-where are you going?”
“It doesn't really matter, and it's none of your business,” she said, her voice fading as she got farther away. “Ahh!” She would have tripped and fallen on her face from the impact of a body being wrapped around hers if the embrace wasn't so tight. “Ung! Inuyasha!”
He hugged her fiercely from behind, his face buried in her hair. She felt him purring against her neck and it soothed her like nothing else.
“Um…w-what are you doing?” she asked breathlessly.
He hugged her more tightly to him. “I'm not sure…Sorry, Kagome, ok?” he almost barked against her hair, his voice muffled. “You know you're more important than those shards. And…uh…” He tucked his face more deeply against her neck. “-you're not plain.”
She relaxed against him and began prying his arms away.
“Kagome-!” He panicked, thinking that she wasn't going to forgive him for the stupid shit he spouted a minute ago. She turned to him and hugged him back, now her face against his neck. He felt her breath him in and rub her hands up and down his back. His voice rumbled in his chest appreciatively as he re-wrapped his arms around her and held her as close to him as he could.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Sango shook the monk over and over, but there was no bringing him to. His face was swollen, almost beyond recognition. But that was not as strange as the mysterious force that had thrown him right through the wall of Kaede's cottage.
“Oooh, he had it coming,” Shippo said, jumping through the monk-sized hole. “Groping you is one thing, but groping Lord Sesshoumaru is another.”
It took the taijiya a while to collect her jaw from the floor. “What!”
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
To Be Continued…
Yay! It's up at last! Sorry it took me so long. I hope y'all liked it.
Hey, Shrewy! I made it so they're not enemies, see? I'm such a good, obedient girl -holds gold bracelet over her head-
And just so everyone knows, I'm thinking this fic will be 5 chapters long. At the most.
Right, so, you know the drill. You've read, now please REVIEW! R&R. (No matter how many times I say it it's still a pleasure…)