InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lady's Man of the West ❯ Evolve and Conquer ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's me at last! Yippy! I've been looking forward to continuing on with this fic. After the months of no computer and no internet I thought it would be a good idea to write this chapter quickly while I can. Every time I think things have settled something happens and I'm not able to write. For the wait I apologise, everyone. Your support is priceless. Thank you so much -smooch- (any boys out there =.= ? )
 
My apologies to those who thought this update was a Sesshoumaru, sit! Or any other fic. Please enjoy…
 
Huge thanx to all you great reviewers…Hello Kirie =.=
 
Taiyoukai: Demon lord.
Taijiya: Demon exterminator.
Baka: Idiot.
Hanyou: Half demon.
Youkai: demon.
Miko: Priestess.
Kitsune: Fox.
-San: Mr., Mrs., and Miss, Sir or madam.
-Sama: Used to confer great respect, like for those better in status.
 
 
 
Disclaimer: If I could own any part of Inuyasha it would be Sesshoumaru, the sexiest guy in the land -sigh-
 
------------------------------
------------------------------
Recapfrom last chapter:
Sango shook the monk over and over, but there was no bringing him to. His face was swollen, almost beyond recognition. But that was not as strange as the mysterious force that had thrown him right through the wall of Kaede's cottage.
“Oooh, he had it coming,” Shippo said, jumping through the monk-sized hole. “Groping you is one thing, but groping Lord Sesshoumaru is another.”
It took the taijiya a while to collect her jaw from the floor. “What!”
 
CHAPTER 3:
Kagome watched tensely, waiting for Sango to burst into yet another fit of laughter. The demon slayer kept staring in malicious satisfaction at the monk every few minutes before covering her mouth in a failed attempt to keep the laughter in. The monk, on the other hand, sat to the taijiya's right, a strange glazed look in his eyes. Kagome could just make out his trance-like mumbling, which went along the lines of `doomed' or `dead' -she really wasn't so sure at this point. One thing was for certain: Sesshou- Kadan-sama was paying her molester zero attention. Naturally, as the lord was now a woman, that meant Miroku was going to get it good as soon as was possible for the lady.
Kadan-sama was well enough to sit with them. To the monk's consternation, she insisted on the place being right across from him. Inuyasha certainly seemed to think it was funny. The baka wouldn't stop smirking.
“A real fine couple, those two,” he sneered in both their direction. Miroku went scarlet and gave the hanyou a terrified, warning glance. Sesshoumaru only spared him a fleeting, deadly glare and put his -her- teacup down with a soft clang.
“Half-breed. You only need concern yourself with your strange choice for a master.” Kagome blanched when `he' pointed to her.
 
Inuyasha's face flamed. “What?!”
 
Sango recognized the danger and jumped in front of Inuyasha. Kagome prayed he wouldn't do anything foolish. She couldn't sit him now -not after that statement. Miroku was at the ready, too, temporarily forgetting his momentous blunder.
 
“Eh, Inuyasha!” Shippo cried from nearby. “You're not going to lose your temper as usual, right? She's human,” the kit stated slowly, as if speaking to a child, then climbed onto Kagome's shoulder. “You'd be a bigger coward than ever!”
 
“Wh-what did you say, you little twerp!!!” he raged, changing course and lunging at the kitsune, impossibly redder than before. Shippo let out a yelp and ran for it.
 
“I-Inuyasha, don't hurt him!” Kagome called warningly, for once thankful for the kid's baiting. Inuyasha could forget Sesshoumaru's condition if he got mad enough, and she was sure he didn't want a dead human on his conscience. Even if the human part was temporary.
 
Kouga, now also female, was sitting against the wall for lack of space around the little fire -The lady gave anyone who tried sitting on either side of her a withering glare- and after Shippo and Inuyasha disappeared outside, he rolled his eyes and followed them.
 
Miroku sighed in relief and sat down, and then, like he remembered he should be very afraid, he tensed up and gave Sesshoumaru a frightened look.
 
“Oh, Miroku, get over it. Sango is a lot more frightening,” Kagome mumbled tiredly. Sango frowned at her. “Uh…when she's mad at you,” she added.
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
“Please don't hurt Sesshoumaru-sama!” Rin cried tearfully. The woman now in front of her didn't answer and kept drawing tight little circles around Rin, one after the other so that there was barely room for the child to sit without brushing the arched edges. “Sesshoumaru-sama is good! He saved Rin's life!” she attempted once more.
 
The woman shushed her softly and walked over to retrieve a strange looking glass rod she used to re-outline the three circles she had drawn. “Past,” she whispered, going over the smallest circle. “Evolvement.” She went over the second. She paused over the third one, tapping the rod in her smooth palm. “Completion,” she said in a higher tone. “That will be the challenge.”
 
She walked to the mouth of the inner cave they were in and peered through it gingerly. She stretched an arm in front of her face and flicked a finger in the direction of the darkness.
 
“No, don't go again!” Rin wept softly.
 
“Stay still. I won't be long,” she whispered without turning.
 
Rin watched tearfully as the strange spiral shape appeared and hovered, small and nearly invisible, above the tip of the woman's forefinger. And just like before, it stretched over and around both of them so Rin could see nothing but white light, and seconds later only the older woman had gone, leaving the little girl behind feeling dizzy and worried.
 
Rin began to sing, with a quivering voice, for her Sesshoumaru-sama to return safely to her side.
 
-------------------------------------
 
Kagome burst out of the cottage, shock written across her face. “Inuyasha, I need to go to my time for a bit.”
 
“Why?” he asked suspiciously. “What happened to him? He's not dying is he?” he said a little too gleefully.
 
Kagome scowled. “No. It's nothing much. I won't stay for long. I just have to get something.”
 
“Tell me what happened. Why was He-She so pale?” He had taken to calling her He-She so he wouldn't get too confused, so now her name sounded a lot like Hiishi. Inuyasha thought it was pretty clever. No chance in hell he was going to be calling the bastard anything-sama! “From the way Kaede-bachan reacted after checking on him, it seemed pretty serious.”
 
“It's-it's not, really. Just surprising.” She looked nervously at him. “So you coming or what?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged and turned around for her to get on. “He's got the monthly thing, doesn't he?”
 
He heard Kagome trip behind him and turned around just in time to catch her. In his arms, she ogled up at him. “W-what? How did you…?”
 
“He smelled sort of like you do when you have it,” he told her honestly, a grin starting to appear on his face. Bah! The great lord…
 
Kagome looked horror-struck. His grin turned into a frown. “What?”
 
You can smell it!” She straightened with her hands to her red cheeks, looking at him accusingly. She seemed to have forgotten that it was a much bigger deal that Sesshoumaru now had a period.
 
“Yeah. So what?” He noticed that she looked speechless, and her eye kept twitching ominously. “What?! Any demon can smell it!”
 
Kagome was petrified. She was never coming here during her period again!
 
“Big deal -I can smell when you're in heat, too,” he said, and looked nervously at her, as if he wished he hadn't revealed that.
 
“In…heat? What do you mean?” It dawned on her then. In heat? Like with animals?! “I'm not an animal! I don't-don't-don't-!”
 
“Yes you do. What's the big deal? You have nothing to worry about! No youkai can get near you anyway. It's not that remarkable a scent.” He `feh'ed -a little red in the face- and crossed his arms.
 
Kagome looked around at Miroku, Sango and Shippo. The monk was staring at her with interest while Sango blushed, and Shippo frowned.
 
“Y…you baka!” She turned around and ran in the direction of the well.
 
---------------------------------
 
FYI: Heat: A term with multiple meanings, among them: - Sexual desire, a periodic sexual excitement of most female placental mammals (meaning having that part of the lining of the ovary which bears the ovules); the period of this when the female will accept mating with the male; to have a strong sexual impulse at the reproductive period.
 
And so it seems that Inuyasha has managed to embarrass Kagome and insult her womanly feelings all at once. To say her scent -when she's in heat- is not remarkable in any way is telling her she's as sexy as a tree trunk. And what female would appreciate that?
 
--------------------------------
 
“The jerk, the jerk, the jerk!” Kagome sniffled, feeling truly angry and hurt. She couldn't tell which of them she felt more. She wanted to kick his ass, and maybe smash his thick skull with a big rock, but she also wanted to cry her eyes out and wallow in self pity; why did she put up with him anyway? He was such a stupid baka! She couldn't think of a single reason right now to explain why she liked him so much -maybe even loved him. “Urrrgh!” she cried in exasperation, flinging her arms about angrily.
 
She froze in half terror, half disgust when something slimy and wet dragged lazily across the back of her neck. (How did it get past her hair?!) Goosebumps broke out across her whole body and she slapped a hand harshly to her neck.
 
She turned jerkily when she felt nothing there…
 
No one. There was no one around. The sticky sensation was completely gone.
 
Pale as a ghost, she ran for the well.
 
A robed figure watched from the shadow sceptically.
 
“Silly girl. Didn't she think she might be carrying something over to her world?” The figure sighed and shook her head. She looked up, eyebrows raised to watch a smaller form scurrying in the opposite direction the young miko had taken.
 
“Hm.” She smiled. “Jaken. I could play around with him now that the second phase is complete. I never really did like him.” She chuckled. “Now…who else needs a lesson…? Eh…that's a tough one.”
 
--------------------------------------
 
Jaken flew back several feet as he collided hard with something.
 
“Hey!” Inuyasha said and stared at the prone Jaken grumpily. “What're you doing here so soon? I said wait a few days!”
 
Jaken jumped up, a large round bump on his head. “Who do you think you are? I do as I please!” He swayed a little, the sudden movement making him dizzy. “I need to see the master. Only I know how to tend to him in the way he deserves,” he said in a half whine.
 
Inuyasha harrumphed. “Yeah, so do I,” he said darkly. “Go ahead then, but you won't like it.” He grinned in satisfaction and continued on to the well, then broke into a run, remembering his reason for going there.
 
“Eh?” Jaken scratched his head. “Won't like it…? Oh, no. Master!” he wailed and ran.
 
Right into a tree. “Agh! Not again!”
 
Only it wasn't a tree.
 
“Hello.” The robed figure smiled ominously. “You should watch where you're going.”
 
Jaken gaped in horror. “You!” He yelped when she pointed her perfectly manicured finger at him. “W-what are you…going to do?”
 
“Not kill you.” She grinned, and all he could see of her were her white teeth.
 
------------------------
 
The old miko startled when Kadan-sama bolted upright on the futon. The young woman was pale and drawn from the effects of her monthly -and unexpected- flux, and she was unable to move only a short while before. Kaede wondered if her herbs had worked so quickly on the pains the woman was experiencing.
 
Kaede frowned at the expression on the woman's face.
 
“Where…is this?” The voice was deep and uncertain -and angry.
 
“You are in my cottage, so I may help you regain your memory, Kadan-sama,” said Kaede cautiously. “Don't you remember?”
 
The woman narrowed her eyes. “Kadan-sama? You will call me Lord Sesshoumaru, human.”
 
Kaede made a conscious effort to control her facial muscles. He was indeed the western lord. It was a fine thing that that was confirmed, but how to go about telling him he was a woman?
 
“So you are, Lord Sesshoumaru. May I bring you some tea, perhaps?”
 
“No.” More gracefully than she thought possible, Sesshoumaru was on his feet. Kaede rushed to his side when he collapsed to his knees.
 
Clutching his stomach, he snarled at her when she got too close.
 
“Oh, dear. This will be more difficult than I…” She tried not to smile when she saw him tense and stare down his body. “I'm attempting to find out how you became this way. This spell is more advanced than I expected.”
 
She stopped talking when he walked out the door. “He'll be back.”
 
Sesshoumaru strode sternly through the muddy streets in his day yukata and tried to keep whatever he had had for breakfast in his stomach. The sensation was unfamiliar and intensely unpleasant, but it was nothing compared to the cramps he was…
 
He froze, aghast, when he felt something…leak!
 
Kaede smiled cordially when he stormed into the hut, his body oddly clenched up. “These are some…What did she call them…? Tampons for your condition. Kagome told me to have you use them until she gets back with more.” She held out a shiny, rectangular shaped, wrapped package. “She said: read the instructions on the back for use. She said they were less trouble than the traditional ones.”
 
If looks could freeze a person to death, Kaede thought. “You don't want to soak your undergarments, do you?” She smiled, aware that she could have done without that particular phrase.
 
“Who the hell did this,” he asked coldly, frowning a second later. Kaede expected he didn't like his voice.
 
“Not me.” The old miko was having so much fun teasing him. She was in no immediate danger, even if his face was turning a peculiar shade of red.
 
“Who.was it?” he asked slowly in an ominously calm voice.
 
“I'm afraid I don't know. But now that you remember who you are, maybe you could try recalling the events of your transformation?”
 
“If I remembered that the miko would have already been dead,” he drawled.
 
“In your current state, that is very doubtful. Here are the Tampons. Try to make use of them to stem your flow while I go to the village for some supplies.” She placed the pack on a wooden box near the door and left with a nod.
 
Sesshoumaru stared at the foreign object. “Flow?” he narrowed his eyes at the pack, feeling more than a little furious at how clueless he was on this matter. “I have no flow!” he hissed at it.
 
The leaking made itself felt and he froze up in utter disgust. “Damn it!” Oddly enough, he hated his voice more than anything.
 
-------------------------------
 
Kagome scratched her neck in irritation. She tried hard to see what there was, but nothing seemed to be wrong. She had the additional tampons but she didn't want to go back before checking what could have happened to her neck.
 
Using two mirrors she managed to look at the area in question. She sighed in exasperation and decided to drop it. Kaede-bachan might know what it was -if it was anything.
 
She dropped the small mirror in her hand and jumped back in fright. “Inuyasha!” she cried. “Don't do that!” She panted, with a hand to her chest.
 
Inuyasha, his head inside her room, frowned and pulled himself the rest of the way in. “Do what?”
 
The young miko sighed and turned to her large duffle bag, stuffing the tampons inside. She hauled it over her shoulder and walked out the room.
 
He followed her silently. “I'm going now, mom, okay?”
 
“Okay, dear! Did you restock on your food supplies?”
 
“Yeah!” she cried back.
 
“Underwear?”
 
Inuyasha gave her a curious look when she flushed. “S-sure!” she answered more quietly.
 
“Okay, honey, take care!”
 
He watched her visibly trying to ignore him the whole way, finally braking his silence when they got to the entrance of the shrine. “Why are you mad?” He crossed his arms, adjusting her bag on his shoulder -having pried it away previously- and frowned down at her turned head.
 
She ignored him and continued into the shrine and toward the well.
 
“Hey! What the hell did I do?”
 
She glared back at him heatedly. “You were horrible!”
 
“Why?” he asked in angry confusion.
 
“I don't know. I think it's in your genes.”
 
“…What?”
 
She huffed. “Never mind!” He caught her hand before she could jump in.
 
What are you so mad about?!”
 
She turned on him. “You think I smell bad!”
 
He was so shocked he let go. “What?”
 
“You said I didn't smell too great!” She jabbed her index finger into his chest. “What else would that mean? You think…I'm unattractive!”
 
“What! I didn't say any of that!” He looked so confused it might have been funny, but Kagome was too mad. She wasn't going to say anything, but as he had asked for it…
 
“You're so mean! You don't have to tell me you don't like me-!”
 
“What!”
 
“-I know you haven't forgiven me yet, but really, it was out of my hands back there-!”
 
“Kagome-!”
 
“I tried to keep her from giving me my soul back-!”
 
“K-! What?” He looked shocked (and he was tired of saying `what' all the time).
 
“So you don't have to say such mean things! If it were up to me she'd be here instead-!”
 
“KAGOME YOU IDIOT!” He caught her around her waist and jumped into the well, ignoring her cry of surprise.
 
Kagome and Inuyasha stood at the bottom of the well on the other side, the young miko panting from the aftermath of her fury. “Inu-!”
 
“Idiot! How could you say that! Kikyou for you? You're so stupid.”
 
“Eh? You're stupid! Stop calling me stupid!”
 
“What did you mean you tried to stop her from giving you your soul back?” he pressed, ignoring her new burst of temper.
 
Kagome took a deep breath and turned away. “When we won. She gave me my soul back…That's how she…passed away. I tried to tell her to take mine, but she wouldn't do it. Oof!”
 
Inuyasha was squeezing the breath out of her, and her face was flush against his chest so she had no means of breathing properly. “Inuhafa!”
 
“See, you are stupid?! Good thing she didn't listen to you!” He released his hold on her and buried his face embarrassingly in her neck, breathing too deeply, like he was trying to calm himself.
 
She was breathing normally now, and blushing. “Y-you wanted her back. I wasn't the one you wished would stay. I knew you would hate me-”
 
His face popped into her vision, his glare there with it. “I could never hate you! And if I did want her back, it would never be at the expense of loosing you!”
 
“You're just saying that because it's too late,” she told him matter-of-factly. “I understand that you still-”
 
He pressed his lips to hers, successfully shutting her up and acting out a fantasy of long ago -or what seemed like it. Unlike her reaction the first time he tried to kiss her, she responded…And rather enthusiastically.
 
And in the eternity-minutes that followed, his hazy mind registered that he had -in his state of vulnerability and passion- marked her as his.
 
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
 
To Be Continued…
 
Quite a finish, I must say. Muahaha!
 
It's finally over! I guess I'll go back to writing Sesshoumaru, sit! chapter 4 (That will be a fun one. Heehee!). I apologize, everyone, for being so late. Life is so unpredictable -bow- so sorry!
 
Hope you enjoyed it, as opposed to being freaked out by what happened (to Sessy.)
 
I think this was a good-length chapter, though. Better than the last one, and way better than ch3 of Sesshoumaru, sit! anyway. So…R&R!!!!!! XD
 
Oh, by the way, Kadan means Flower (as girly as names get, eh?)