InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. One Chap. One: Surprised to be Alive? ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Surprised to be Alive?
August twelfth. Dark night and pure rain. Sounds like a haunted tale, right? Not exactly for this story. In a bed in an attic bedroom, a sixteen-year-old boy awoke from what seemed to be a long sleep. He was confused. “I'm ……I'm…… alive.” he thought. His name is Kurkawa Leo. And he had died a few minutes ago. “Was this some kind of a joke by that punk?” he thought. Then he remembered his day.
 
*Earlier today*
Today did start rare. For once, Leo went to school. He was leaned up against the big oak tree with a cigarette in his mouth. The boy was getting ready to light it. “LEO!!!!!!!” a voice screamed out. Leo looked up and sighed. “He comes another ranting from Natsumi-sama.” he thought. A girl with long teal hair stomped over to him. “Yes mademoiselle?” Leo said in a sarcastic tone. Natsumi's face was bright aka. “LEO! YOU KNOW IT'S AGAINEST SCHOOL RULES TO BE SMOKING ON CAMPUS!!!!!” she yelled. “What?” Leo asked. “You're lips are moving but all I hear is blah-blah-blah.” “AND WHY AREN'T YOU IN YOU'RE SCHOOL UNIFORM?!?” Natsumi screeched. “I know how to shut her up.” Leo thought. “Hey Natsumi.” He said. “WHAT?!?” she snapped. “Is that a stain on you're shirt?” Leo asked. “Huh?” she asked. And before she could do anything, Leo grabbed her by her chest. Natsumi screamed and slapped him lighting fast. Leo let go and Natsumi ran off.
The boy didn't stay for his classes. Leo just left school and walked home. Bad move for him. For Motoko, his mother, was in the living room studying. “You're home.” she slurred out. Leo sighed. “Uh-huh.” he mumbled. “I thought you were at school.” Motoko said. “Like you care.” he mumbled. “What was that?” his mother asked. Leo didn't answer just walked out again.
Home was no option. Neither was school. So Leo decided to roam the city. “I won't go home for days!” he thought. All he did for hours was wander around the city and smoke. But soon a twist of fate would change everything.
Leo walked into a small group of thugs. “Konnichiwa, Leo.” the leader addressed him. Leo just smirked. “Hi fellas.” said he. “Ready to have your asses crushed?” The leader grew pissed. “You'll regard saying that!” he snapped. “Oh really?” Leo asked. “Prove it.” And so the fight began. Leo was an excellent fighter and had years of experience with fights. So beating up this group was a breeze. He took two of the three guys and the leader ran off. “Come back here you coward!!!!!” Leo yelled. Then he ran after him.
The two ran to this abandoned highway. They ended up on either side facing each other. Leo was grinning was pride. But the leader had an ace up his sleeve. He pulled out a small black handgun. Leo burst out into laughter. “And what are you going to do with that little toy?!?” he asked foolishly. “Oh, a lot my friend.” the leader answered. Then he pulled the trigger. Four shots rang out and Leo was on the ground. The leader grinned over him, took a cigarette from him, and walked off. “Sweet freedom!” Leo thought. Then he took his last breath.
*Now*
“So why am I alive?” Leo asked himself. “It's because of me.” a voice echoed. The boy looked around in confusion. “What was that?” he asked. “It's just me.” the voice echoed.
To Be Continued…..