InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. One Chap. Two: What Now? ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

What Now?
*Last time*
“So why am I alive?” Leo asked himself. “It's because of me.” a voice echoed. The boy looked around in confusion. “What was that?” he asked. “It's just me.” the voice echoed.
 
*Now*
“All right!” Leo snapped. “Who the hell are you and why can I hear you in my head?!?” “Please forgive me,” the voice said. “My name is Kana and I'm in your body.” Leo froze coldly. “Come again.” he said. Kana swallowed hard. “This will be hard to explain.” she mumbled. “What do you mean?!?” Leo snapped. Kana took a deep breath and began her story.
“I am a water nymph,” she began. “I also came from a big family with my mom and many sisters. We all lived in the rivers of Edo. All through my childhood, I heard stories of love that ended in heartbreak. So, I did my best not to fall in love.”
“O-kay…” Leo said. “What does this have to do with me?” “A lot.” Kana answered. “I was trying not to fall in love until I saw you.” Leo snorted. “What's wrong?” she asked. “Love.” Leo said. “What a bunch of bull shit! My mom was in “love” with my dad and looked where it got them. Divorced and living shitty lives!!!” “But I mean it when I say I love you!” Kana argued. Leo snorted again and kept quiet.
“Since I first saw you,” Kana kept on. “I watched and followed you around until you died.” The water nymph broke down into tears. Leo just sat there. “So?” he asked. “So?” Kana repeated. “SO?!? I was so depressed about your death!!!!” Leo became stunned in silence. “After that cruel boy shot you,” Kana kept on. “I was so depressed that I wanted to be close to you before your soul fully left your body. So I lied down on top of it, mouth to mouth, arms around you, and legs wrapped around you. I stayed there until I fell asleep.” “And you awoke inside of my body.” Leo finished. “Yes.” Kana said.
“Hey Kana.” Leo said. “Yes?” she asked. “If you could get in my body, can't you just get out?” the boy asked. Leo heard sobbing in his head. “Don't tell me you can't get out!” he exclaimed. “I don't even know how I got in.” Kana said. “Oh goodie!” Leo said sarcastically. Then they heard footsteps coming down the hall. “Who's that?” Kana whispered. “Dunno.” Leo replied. “Just keep quiet.” The nymph silently agreed. Leo kept quiet as well. They waited for their fate.
Finally, the doorknob turned. Leo watched closely. An old lady was watching him closely. Both kept quiet for minutes. “Hi.” Leo said at last. “Oh good, you're awake.” she replied. “Awake?” Leo asked. “When my husband and I found you on the side of the road, you were in a pool of blood and near death.” the old lady explained. “But I am dead.” Leo mumbled. “What?” the woman asked. “Huh?” Leo spoke up. “Oh nothing.” “I just came up here to check on you.” the old lady said. “All right.” Leo said. “Good night.” the woman said. “Night.” Leo called back. Then the old lady left the room. Leo lied back down onto the bed. He was planning to the before sunrise.
To Be Continued…..