InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. One Chap. Three: A Strange Encounter ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A Strange Encounter
It was a pain. But, Kana managed to get Leo to go home the next morning. He agreed to do so to keep her quiet. “I can't stand her annoying whining!” the rebel thought. “Is it that bad?” Kana asked him. Leo was startled at first. “Oh, it's you!” he said to Kana. “Yes…” the nymph replied. The thug rolled his eyes.
They were walking along an empty highway. (Actually, Leo was walking. Kana was just riding.) “I can't even keep my own thoughts to myself!” Leo thought. “I'll just act like I can't hear you at times.” Kana replied. Leo sighed aloud. “I can't get away!” he said. “Sorry!” The nymph called. The thug said dully.
The road was vacant. The rain had stopped this morning. The fresh scent of sprig was everything. It was all empty. Then, Leo-Kana stopped in his tracks. “What's wrong?” Kana asked. “I hear a car.” Leo replied. “Car?” the nymph asked. “What's a car?” “Never mind!” Leo snapped. He turned to the road and held out his arm. The car pulled to a stop. Leo-Kana peeked inside. A farmer was in the car. He stared at the youth in boredom. “Sir!” Leo said aloud. “I need to get home. Can I get a ride?” The farmer stared at him at first. Then, he unlocked the door and Leo-Kana got into the car.
The ride was a long and silent one. The car smelt of rotting cabbage. Leo thought he would die in there. It was Hell on wheels. The bumpy road didn't help either. Leo thought he would get motion-sickness. He was glad that they stopped into the city.
The boy was sore all over. The city was as fresh as a daisy. “Finally!” he thought. “Some relief!” Kana kept quiet. Leo continued home.
Elsewhere, Kagome was walking to school. She had managed to try and make it in time for midterms. The battle was annoying, but she made it through. Kagome hoped for a normal day. One can dream…
Kagome was almost at school when she sensed a jewel shard. She froze in her tracks. “A shard?” she thought. “But where?” The freshman girl looked around and saw Leo. Kagome was baffled. “He's just a human!” she thought. But then, the girl looked closer. “Is that a boy or a girl...?” she thought in confusion.
“It's hard to explain!” Kana said to her telepathically. This startled Kagome completely. “You… can hear my thoughts?” she thought. “But how?” Kagome looked up to see Leo staring back at her. She became scared really quickly. “Don't be afraid of me, my lady,” Kana said. “Come with me and I'll explain everything.” Kagome was uneasy at first. Then she said, “Alright.” Leo-Kana flew over to her slowly. Leo was confused. “Is… she a friend of yours?” he asked. “No,” Kana said. “I don't even know her.” “So why are we talking to her?” the rebel asked. “What else could I do?” the nymph asked. “She seems us! So I might as well talk.” “Good point!” Leo agreed. They made it to Kagome. “Where to?” the girl asked. “The woods.” Kana answered through Leo. Kagome tried to adjust to hearing a girl's voice through a guy. “I know it's weird,” the rebel said. “Just go with it.” The girl just nodded. The trio headed out into the woods.
In the bushes, Inuyasha was watching. Something told him to follow Kagome. He didn't say why. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo thought it was a jealousy issue. But they didn't dare say a word about it. Smart money said not to! Now, Inuyasha was both jealous and concerned about Leo-Kana. “Is that a boy or a girl?” he thought. There was only one way to find out. Inuyasha began to stalk the trio.
Boy or Girl?