InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. One Chap. Four: Immortal Poison ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Immortal Poison
In Edo, things were like normal on the surface. But that's an under statement. A monk was walking back to the temple when he heard a ruckus. Nervous, he slowly turned to look behind him. A little girl was standing behind him. She was trembling and pale. She looked underfed and sick. Her eyes were completely blank. “Help… me…” the girl said in a weak croak. The monk was both concerned and scared. He didn't know what to do. Was this a trap? Then, the little girl collapsed to the ground. Flies quickly covered her body and it broke down into dust. The monk fell terror and ran away.
In Tokyo, Leo, Kana, and Kagome made it to the woods. Leo sat down on the ground. Kagome sat down in front of them. “Okay,” she began. “What is this about?” Kana was about to answer when she paused. “What's wrong?” Kagome asked. Kana didn't answer. “Okay!” she yelled out to the bushes. “I know you're there! Come out, I don't mean any harm, Inuyasha!” Kagome turned around quickly. The dog demon rushed forward with his sword in hand ready to attack. Kana became nervous. Kagome knew how to fix it. “SIT BOY!!!” she yelled. The necklace around Inuyasha's neck glowed and he crashed straight to the ground. Kana watched on. “Damn!” Leo called out. “Is he… dead?” “No,” Kagome answered. “He's alright.” “*Sweat drop* Okay…” Leo-Kana said together.
“Okay, start talking!” Inuyasha snapped. “Who are you and what are you? Are you a boy or a girl?” Leo-Kana drew in a deep breath. “This'll be hard,” she thought. “But I have to say it.” Kana drew in another breath. “I am both.” she replied. Inuyasha and Kagome stared at him confused. “What?” Inuyasha asked. “You see,” Kana began. “I am a nymph in this human's body. I first saw him and fell in love fast. I watched Leo every day. Then one day, he was murdered. I was heartbroken. We nymphs can't bring anybody back from the dead. So, I did the next best thing. I lied down on top of Leo's corpse and matched my parts up to his. I lied on him until I fell asleep on him. Then, I woke up in Leo's body.” Silence was all around.
Sango, Miroku, and Shippo were on their down time when a dark presence in the air. Sago quickly looked up. “Did you feel that?” she asked. The boys quickly looked up. “Feel what?” Shippo asked. Then, a cold wind blew over them. Something was dead wrong. “Should we go look?” Shippo asked. “There might be a shard there.” Miroku pointed out. Silence passed them. “Okay.” Sango and Shippo agreed. Then, they headed into the woods.
“I know it's strange.” Leo spoke up. “I can't believe it either.” Inuyasha still didn't buy it. “You expect us to believe you?” he snapped. “Believe what you want,” Kana said calmly. “But that's how it is.” The dog demon glared at them coldly.
“You have a jewel shard!” Kagome spoke up. This caught Inuyasha's attention immediately. Leo-Kana stared at them blankly. “I think I know what you are talking about,” she spoke up. “Hang on.” Then, the nymph held up her hand and began chanting softly with her eyes closed. A faint blue light formed at her fingertips. Inuyasha and Kagome kept watching. The light grew big and flashed out. When it vanished, a girl sat in Leo's place. “Okay...” the rebel said uneasily. “Where am I now?” “In my head.” Kana answered. “Okay…” Leo said uneasily again. Inuyasha and Kagome looked at the nymph closely. She had long dark brown hair to her shoulders and lovely blue eyes. She was dressed in pure white. Lillis were all in her hair. Around her neck was a jewel shard. She held it up to them. “Is this it?” Kana asked. “Yes!” Kagome exclaimed in joy. Kana took it from her neck. “Here,” she said. “Take it.” Then, the nymph handed them the necklace. Kagome quickly took it. Inuyasha was still suspicious. “Don't get it!” he snapped. “Why the hell are you giving us the shard so easily? And why are you telling us all of this?” Kana kept staring at them. “Because,” she answered. “I know you can help me get back.”
Meanwhile, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo came to an abandoned temple. Dark energy was all around it. Dead silence was everywhere. “This doesn't look good!” Shippo whimpered out. Miroku stepped forward. “Strange,” he said. “I don't sense a demon at all.” Sango looked up at him. “Then, where is it coming from?” she asked.
The trio walked closer to the temple. Inside was a freighting sight to see. Children were lying all over the floor out cold. Shippo sat on Miroku's shoulder scared. “Are they… dead?” he asked. “I can't tell…” Miroku replied. Then, a little girl sat up slowly. The trio froze in fear. She slowly turned to them in silence. The child turned her head to them. Her eyes were blank and red.
Children of the Dead