InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. One Chap. Five: Fire Girl ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Fire Girl
The girl sat there staring at them. She looked high. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo stayed still. They didn't know what to do. “Is she… possession?” Shippo asked. “I don't know…” Miroku trailed off. So far, nothing happened. Then, the girl rose to her feet slowly. There seemed to be no life to her. The poor thing looked starved. What was wrong with her?
“Oh crap,” a woman's voice called out. The trio looked up quickly. A teenage girl came walking towards them. She clearly wasn't human. Her hair was long and fiery red. Her eyes were a perfect blue. She was dressed in priestess robes. The girl looked at the child. “She woke up!” the older girl called. “It's not time for her to get up!” Miroku glared at her coldly. “Who are you and what have you done to these children?!?” he snapped. The girl smiled at him sweetly.
“I have corrected them.” she replied. “I have made them better than what they were doomed to be.” That answer did not sit well with the trio. They were ready to attack.
Then came a small mumble. Everyone quickly turned. The little girl's mind had returned. She looked around slowly. “Where am I?” she asked. “Where's momma?” The older girl smiled at her. “Easy Ohocha,” she began. “You'll see her again. I promise you that.” Ohocha kept looking at her. She didn't seem to believe her, but the girl said nothing. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo glared at the older girl crossly. Clearly, she was lying.
The older girl turned back to the trio. She noticed something was off. “Hey,” she called. “Where is that dog demon?” “We've not telling you!” Shippo yelled out. The girl just smiled and held up her hand. She closed her eyes for a moment. The girl opened her eyes and smiled. “Aw, in the modern world! I see!” she replied. Then, the girl held up her hand and began chanting. She vanished in a flash. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo kept staring. “She's gone.” Sango said. Then, a low groan came behind them. They all turned to see the other children slowly waking up. This was not good.
Inuyasha stared at Leo-Kana. “Why should we?” he asked. Leo rolled his eyes. “Ain't it obvious?” he asked through Kana's tongue. “We just want to go home!” “Can't she get out herself?” Kagome asked. Kana shook her head. “You don't know how to, eh?” Inuyasha snapped. “I don't even know how I got in!” the nymph replied. The dog demon sighed. “She's hopeless!” he thought.
Then, they all froze. “Did you feel that?” Kana asked. “What is it?” Kagome asked. “Someone's coming!” Inuyasha called. They all kept still. A harsh wind blew over.
A swirl of fire appeared in the sky. Inuyasha grabbed his sword tightly. Kagome grabbed hew bow and arrow by her side. Leo-Kana kept watching.
The fir descended down quickly. It looked like a rushing waterfall to the ground. The group all rose to their feet quickly. The fire cleared away and showed the girl. She grinned at them coldly. “Well, well, well,” she said. “Inuyasha, we meet at last!” “Who the hell are you?!?” the dog demon yelled. The girl smiled again. “I am Kiyoko!” she answered. “And I want a duel!” Inuyasha prepared to fight. Kagome looked at the other girl closely. Her eyes grew big with shock.
“Inuyasha!” she yelled out. “She has a jewel shard!” The dog demon grinned at that statement. “Great!” he called aloud. “That makes the battle much better!” Then he rushed forward to attack.
The children sat still on the floor. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo stood still. They didn't know what to do. All looked hopeless. But then, the doors slid open.
Fire Twirls