InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Three Chap. Twenty: Kana School Express ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kana School Express

Already, eyes were on them. Leo stood at the gate. He saw where this was heading.

“Don't say a word,” Leo told Kana. “I will do the talking.”

“Right,” Kana said. He took a breath. He walked past the gate.

“Leo!” a girl shouted up ahead. The boy looked up and groaned. Not now!

“What?” Kana asked. Leo looked up to see Alisa marching up to him. As expected, she had a frown on her face. He saw where this was heading.

“Who is she?” Kana asked.

“Stay back,” Leo said.

“Why?” she asked.

Slap!

Leo staggered backwards with a stinging cheek. Kana whimpered as she touched her own cheek. Alisa glared at Leo.

“And what was that for?” the boy asked.

“Where have you been?!” Alisa shouted. “You haven't been in school! Your family didn't know where you were! You didn't even return my calls!”

“Ah! Sorry about that,” Leo said. She folded her arms across her chest, pouting. Kana looked back and forth at them.

Heh?

“Were you worried about me?” Leo asked. Alisa's cheeks turned red as she turned her head away.

“No!” she shouted. “Maybe…” The boy snickered.

“Ho!” he said.

“Shut up!” she yelled. She hit him on the chest. Kana winced at the sensation. Leo laughed and threw back his head.

“Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” Alisha shouted. Her fists went flying. Leo was laughing the whole time. Meanwhile, Kana winched. She couldn't scream out. The nymph clinched her teeth. Alisa still pounded on Leo's chest. His laughter made it worse. Building. Building. Building. Building.

“Stop it!” Kana shouted.

Whoosh!

Alisa fell backwards on her butt. Kana stood by Leo, panting. The boy turned his head.

“Kana!” he shouted. She put her hands on her chest.

“That hurt,” she said.

“Ow,” Alisa complained. She looked up at Leo.

“Why did you push me?” she asked.

“Huh? I didn't so that,” he said. Alisa glared at him.

“Don't lie! What is wrong with you?” she asked.

“I'm not,” Leo said. He held out his hand to her. Alisa was about to reach up when something caught her attention.

“Leo,” she said.

“What?” he asked. His old friend pointed behind him.

“What is that?” she asked.

“Huh?” Leo asked. He turned his head. Kana stood behind him. The boy looked so confused.

“What are you looking at?” Leo asked. Alisa titled her head.

“A cloud?” she asked.

“Huh?” he asked.

--------

The whole day felt surreal. Kana was by his side. She looked normal to him. But…

“What's that cloud following Kurukawa?”

Leo turned to Kana.

“What are they talking about?” he asked.

“I don't know,” she said. It was true. Kana looked like a cloud floating behind Leo. No mass. No shape. The cloud didn't even touch the ground. It got weirder in class.

Kana-cloud took up a whole desk. She didn't touch the surface. But the desk felt so heavy. One girl tried to sit in the seat.

Wham!

“Ow!” she shouted. Everyone looked up.

“Are you okay?” the teacher asked. The poor girl sat up.

“That cloud pushed me!” she shouted. All eyes darted towards the Kana-cloud.

“Kana!” Leo hissed behind him.

“Sorry,” she whispered. He hung his head.

“Kurukawa?” the teacher asked. Leo looked up. His teacher narrowed his eyes.

“Is there something you want to share?” he asked. Leo put up his hands.

“No,” he said. “I don't think I want to.” Leo dropped his head in his hands. Already, he wanted class to be over. He sat back and looked at the ceiling. Kana-cloud sat uneasy in her desk.

School Day