InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Three Chap. Nineteen: Pieces of Me in You ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Pieces of Me in You

Leo and Kana stood, panicking. Motoko, Hisako, and Raku stared at them. Nobody dared to speak. Leo looked around. He started to speak but said nothing.

“What's going on here?” Motoko asked. Leo put up his hands in a shrug. Hisako pointed at Kana.

“Who are you and why are you wearing my old gym uniform?” she asked.

“Huh?” Motoko asked. Kana pointed to her nose.

“Yeah, you!” the woman shouted.

“What are you talking about?” Motoko asked. Hisako pointed at Kana.

“Her!” she shouted. “This girl has been stealing my clothes!” Leo stumbled backwards.

“You can see her?” he asked.

“See who?” Motoko asked. Leo turned to his mother.

“You can't see her?” he asked.

“See who?” the older woman asked. Leo turned to Kana. The nymph shook her head.

“What the hell are you all playing at?” Motoko asked.

“The pretty girl, grandma,” Raku said, pointing at Kana.

“You see her too?” Leo asked. “What the hell?”

“Leo!” Motoko barked. He turned to her, frowning.

--------

Everyone sat around the kitchen table. Motoko, Hisako, and Raku stared at Leo and Kana.

“What's going on?” he whispered to her. Kana slowly shook her head.

“Why don't you know?” he asked. “How are you even next to me right now?” Kana sat next to him on her knees. She looked down at her hands.

“I don't know,” she said again. Leo sneered.

“What good are you?” he asked. Kana shook her head. Leo sighed and rubbed his forehead.

“Care to explain what's going on?” Hisako asked. Leo put up his hands.

“You won't believe me,” he said. Mom and sister eyed him.

“Try us,” Motoko said. The clock ticked in the background. Leo sat back and frowned.

“This is a friend of mine,” he said. “She ran away from home. She's been staying with me.” Kana lowered her eyes. His mother wrinkled her nose.

“You still can't see her?” he asked.

“See who?” Motoko asked. Hisako turned to her mother.

“You can't see her?” she asked.

“How can you?” Leo asked. His sister gave him an odd look.

“What do you mean?” she asked. Leo struggled to answer. He turned back to Kana. The nymph gave him a blank stare. Leo buried his head in his hands. Why did this keep going in circles?

---------

“Tell me again,” Leo said. “What the hell is going on?” He reached out and touched Kana on the shoulder.

“How can I see you? How can I touch you?” Leo asked. Kana gave me a blank stare.

“I… I don't know,” she said. “I don't know how this happened.”

“Are you serious?” Leo asked. Kana slowly nodded. Leo sighed and shook his head.

“Unbelievable,” he muttered.

“Now what?” Kana asked. Leo looked up.

“Huh?” he asked.

“What do we do now?” she asked. The boy shrugged.

“Find out how this happened,” he said.

“And then?” the nymph asked. Leo paused. He tried to say something but no words came out. He slapped his lap and frowned.

“I've got nothing,” Leo said at last. There came a knock on his door.

“Yeah?” Leo asked.

“You going to school?” Motoko asked. Leo sat up straight.

“Yeah, yeah,” he said. The boy stood up.

“Ready to go?” he asked. Kana pointed to her nose.

“Me?” she asked.

“Yeah,” Leo said. “You have to. What choice do you have?” Kana didn't respond at first. She finally stood up. The nymph came to Leo's side.

“Change your uniform,” he whispered.

“Right,” Kana said. Minutes later, they headed out the door. Leo wasn't sure how this would work.

Secret's Out