InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Three Chap. Eighteen: Slipping ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Slipping

-Hisako-

Leo's been acting strange lately. I keep hearing two people in his room at nights.

“Leo?” I asked. I went up to his room and opened the door. But he's all alone.

“What?” he asked. I narrowed my eyes.

“Was anyone up here with you?” I asked.

“No,” Leo said. My brother is not a good liar. I tried to go inside but he pushed me out.

“Get out!” Leo shouted. I fought to go into the room but he still pushed me out. He slammed the door in my face. I gritted my teeth. That's not the only thing though.

My clothes have been disappearing lately. Not just skirts, dresses, and even my underwear. At first, I thought I was going crazy.

“Mom, did you see where I put my underwear?” I asked one day.

“No,” she said.

“Hm,” I said. This went on for two weeks. Pretty soon, I started to do some thinking. Obviously, someone was taking my things. At first, I thought it was mom.

“Hey, mom,” I said.

“Yeah?” she asked. I poked my head into the doorway.

“Have you been taking my clothes?” I asked. Mom had a cross look on her face as she stared at me.

“What did you say?” she asked. I put up my hands.

“Nothing,” I lied. I slowly backed away. Okay, it wasn't her. Then…

I shook my head. No, that sounded ridiculous. But was it though? I looked down the hall. What the hell was going on?

I couldn't tell mom yet. She can't handle it. No, I needed to get to the bottom of this. Last night, I waited until everyone was asleep. I poked my head into the hallway. Leo's door was shut. I strained for a listen. Nothing for tonight. I timed my movements. I slipped out of my room after counting to three. The whole time I listened. There it was. Soft whispering came from Leo's room. This wasn't my brother talking. Is that a… girl? My pace picked up down the hall. I grabbed the doorknob.

“Leo!” I shouted. His head jerked upwards.

“What?!” he asked. I took a step back.

“Who is that girl sitting next to you?” I asked.

“Huh?” he asked. Leo turned his head. A girl with long brown hair sat next to him. She had on my volleyball uniform form high school. This girl looked just as confused as my brother. I put my hands on my hips.

“Care to tell me what's going on?” I asked. Leo and the girl looked up at me. I frowned as he tried to think of something say. The girl stared at me with big eyes.

“Hisako? Leo? What's going? Why are you all up so late?” Mom asked. I turned back to Leo's door.

“Mommy?” I heard Raku ask.

“Oh shit,” Leo said. Mom and my daughter came into the room. Mom took one look at us.

“What's going on here?” she asked. Leo, the girl, and I stood silent, struggling to answer.

No Out