InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Four Chap. Twenty-Five: All About Us ( Chapter 25 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

All About Us

“You didn't have to be a jerk about that,” Kana said.

“What?” Leo asked. “It's the same shit!”

“But she's your sister,” the nymph whimpered. He rolled his eyes.

“So?” he asked.

“So? She's your sister!”

“And? That doesn't stop her from making poor decisions.” Leo snorted. Kana glared at him.

“What?” the boy asked.

“Why do act mean to your family?” Kana asked. Leo groaned.

“They all suck. Mom just parties and doesn't take school seriously. Hisako goes through men like water. She doesn't care about her daughter. Ran-chan is always dropped off at our house. And that asshole? He! He doesn't give a shit about us!”

“But they are still your family!”

“Who cares?!”

“I care!”

Leo wrinkled his nose. “Why?”

“Family is important.”

“Lame.”

“It is not! What is wrong you?!”

“What is wrong with you?”

Kana huffed aloud. “Jerk!”

“What?” Leo asked. The silence in his body made his heart jump.

“Hello? Kana? Kana? Hello? Hello?” the boy asked. A pit formed in his stomach.

“Oh…” he said.

--------

“Stupid,” Kana muttered to herself. “Doesn't he get it? They're his family!” She sat down on the ground and pouted. That's when she noticed it.

“Oh…” the nymph said. She held up her hand. Yeah, that was her hand. Kana turned her head.

“Uh… How do I get back?” She looked up when she heard a low rumbling behind her.

“Hello?” the nymph asked. She slowly stood up. Kana couldn't see where she was being watched. The nymph slowly stepped to the left. Invisible eyes trailed her movement. Her spine froze. She took slow breath. Three… Two…

One!

Kana turned and tan. She didn't look back.

------

Leo sat on the floor in his room. His chest felt so empty.

“Kana,” he said. “Come on. Are you still there? Hello? Hello?” The quiet made things worse. His eyes shifted back and forth.

“Look, I'm sorry,” the boy said. “Don't be mad. Come back. Please?” Silence. Leo didn't like this at all.

Oh no

Then, the doorbell rang.

Separate