InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Four Chap. Twenty-Four: Hung Up ( Chapter 24 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 

Hung Up
It just had to go and get worse.
Leo made a face. “What?” Hisako sat across from the table next to a man wearing a leather jacket. She held onto his arm.
“This is my boyfriend,” Hisako said.
“Yeah… I got that,” Leo said. “But why?” His sister frowned.
“Why? Why?” she asked. “Because I love him.” Leo rolled his eyes. That's what she said about her last husband. Leo rubbed his forehead.
How did they get here? Let's back up.
-Two Hours Earlier-
The doorbell rang. Leo-Kana had just gotten home. His day was crap.
“I'm home,” he muttered to himself. No one inside. Leo sighed to himself.
“You okay?” Kana asked.
“No,” he said. He walked up to the doorbell rang. Leo-Kana turned his head. Hm? Who could it be now? Maybe he could just ignore them…
Leo-Kana turned and walked to the door.
“What are you doing?” Leo asked.
“The doorbell rang,” Kana said.
“So?” he asked.
“It could be important,” the nymph said.
“It's not.”
“Well, let's see.” They were already at the door. Leo-Kana opened it wide. Hisako perked up as the door opened.
“Hey, brother!” she said. Leo rolled his eyes and closed the door. Hisako grabbed the metal.
“Hey!” she shouted.
“Go away!” Leo yelled.
“Come on!”
“What do you want?”
Hisako looked up, pouting. “Please?” She managed to push into the apartment.
“Baby?” they heard behind them. Leo-Kana looked up. A man jogged up to the door. Hisako stood up straight.
“Honey!” she shouted. She ran over and hugged this man. Leo-Kana looked up.
“Uh… who the hell is this?” he asked. The couple turned to him. Hisako grabbed the man by the arm.
“This is my honey!” she said. Leo gave her a strange look.
“Huh?” he asked.
-Now-
“You know that she's divorced,” Leo said. “Right?”
“Leo!” Hisako hissed. He raised his eyebrow.
“Oh?” he asked. “You didn't tell him?” His sister gritted her teeth. Leo smirked. The boyfriend turned to Hisako.
“Babe?” he asked. She started to panic. Leo whistled.
“Ah! She didn't tell you, did she?” he asked. This was getting interesting.
“Tell me what?” the boyfriend asked. Hisako clenched her teeth.
“Stop,” she hissed. Leo had a mischievous grin on his face.
“Oh yes,” he said. “She is about done with the divorce. And she has a kid.”
“You have a kid?!” the man asked. Hisako had a sheepish look on her face.
“Oh yes,” Leo said. “I'm surprised you di—ow!” A sharp pain struck his right shin. Hisako glared at him.
“I wasn't ready to tell him,” she growled.
“Oh really?” Leo asked.
“Leo!” Kana said in a whisper. The boy just ignored her.
“Were you?” the boyfriend asked. Hisako pressed her lips together.
“Uh… Well…” she said. Hisako's boyfriend frowned. She sighed.
“Leo, you asshole,” she grumbled.
“We're home!” someone said. The kids looked up.
“Oh shit…” Leo said. Hisako's face went pale. Motoko and Akito walked into the kitchen.
“Mom? Dad?!” Hisako asked. Akito looked at his daughter's boyfriend.
“And who are you?” he asked. Leo sat in his chair, snickering to himself.
“Oh boy…” he said to himself.
New Boyfriend