InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Four Chap. Twenty-Three: Man of the House ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Man of the House

-Leo-

I am at war. Why does he have to be here? Who does he think he is coming here and taking over? He left us. And now he wants to be a family again? Bullshit!

He's got to go!

“Why?” Kana asked. I frowned and rolled my eyes.

“He doesn't give a shit about us,” I said. “He never has.”

“But he's your father.”

“That means nothing!” I rolled over in bed. When was the last time I saw him? Ten years? Now, it was twelve. Yeah, I think he was four.

“Why did he leave?” Kana asked. I winced.

“Because he's an asshole? He doesn't care about us? He's a fucked up person? He's just… him? Take your pick which one.”

“Oh…”

I snorted. “Don't feel sorry for him! He's the monster. He left us. No one made him.”

“That's so sad.”

I wrinkled my nose. “No it's not!”

“But he's your father.”

“That means nothing!”

“But…”

“Just shut up. I just want to sleep.”

“Leo…”

“Sleep!” I didn't speak anymore. I was already sound asleep.

---------

I awoke to pounding on my door. I covered my head with the pillow. The knocking grew louder.

“Go away!” I yelled.

“Leo!” he yelled back. “It's time to get up!”

“No!” I shouted. Suddenly, the door swung wide open. Footsteps stomped up to my bed. The next thing I knew, my sheets were ripped away from me.

“Hey!” I yelled. I was rolled over onto my back. He looked down at me.

“Time to get up,” he said. I narrowed my eyes and frowned.

“Why?” I asked. I turned over to go to sleep.

“Oh, I'm sorry you aren't up yet,” he said. “Here. Maybe a cold shower will help!” Cold water hit my body. I jumped up with a yelp.

“You're got twenty minutes,” he said. He turned and walked out of my room. I frowned and swore under my breath.

---------

We sat at the table. I glared at mom and dad. She said nothing over her bowl of miso. I kept my focus on him.

“Do you have school today?” he asked. “Don't lie to me.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yes,” I said. Why was I answering to him? He's not in charge here. (Then again, no one was. I fended for myself and Raku.) Why is her the man of the house?

“And what about you?” I asked. He raised his eyebrow.

“What about me?” he asked.

“Don't you have work or something?” I asked. His glare could freeze the whole room.

“Yes,” he said.

“Oh really?” I asked. “Doing what?”

“Construction,” he said.

“Uh-huh…” I said. I folded my arms across my chest. We glared at each other. Who would speak first? We dared each other to move. I wasn't going to bow to him. He was not in control. He had to go.

“Boys, please,” mom pleaded. “Can't we just have a nice morning?” I turned to her and frowned. When did she get this weak? I threw down my chopsticks.

“I'm not hungry anymore,” I muttered. I got up and left the table.

“Have a good day,” mom said after me in a soft voice. I just waved her off as I walked out the door. He has to go. He is not the one in control. This is not his house!

Power Struggle