InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Four Chap. Twenty-Eight: Doll Parts ( Chapter 28 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Doll Parts

-Leo-

I had to get out of there. It didn't matter where I was going. He did he think he was. He left us! He doesn't get to come back.

“That's not your choice to make.”

“Kana? When did you get back?” I asked.

“Just now,” Kana said.

“You could've said something,” I said.

“I just did,” she said. I rolled my eyes.

“You know what I mean,” I said. “Where did you go?”

“Just around,” Kana said. I sighed.

“Now what?” I asked. She had no answer.

---------

We just walked around the city. I shoved my hands into my pockets. We didn't talk for a long time. What was there to say? I pulled out a cigarette. Kana didn't try to stop me.

“Heh,” I said to myself. I reached into my pocket for my lighter.

“Leo,” Kana said. I paused with the lighter half way to the cigarette.

“What?” I asked.

“Look,” she said. She made my free hand point forward. I looked and saw a girl stumbling around down around the street. Her hair looked like it hadn't seen a brush in weeks. Has she even washed her clothes?

“So?” I asked. “What about her?”

“You think we should help her?” Kana asked. I shrugged.

“Why?” I asked. “What can we do?”

“I don't know,” she said. “Something. We just can't leave her there.” The girl looked like she was about to fall over.

“Please!” Kana pleaded. I groaned.

“Fine,” I muttered. I jogged over to the girl.

“Hey! Are you alright? Hey! Hey!” I shouted. That girl didn't look up. I ran over and grabbed her.

“Whoa, hey! You okay?” I asked. I lifted her head. Her eyes looked glassy and empty. She has been crying.

“Are you alright?” I asked. The girl whimpered in response. This was bad. Was she on drugs or something?

“Listen, let's sit down somewhere, okay?” I said. The girl didn't answer. Her head dropped down.

“Hey! Stay with me, okay? Hey! Hey!” I shouted, shaking her. The girl whimpered. I threw back my head and groaned. Oh boy…

--------

I sat with the girl on a bench in front of a closed down store. She felt a little bit better.

“You okay?” I asked. The girl turned to me. Babbling came out of her mouth. I looked over at Kana. She shrugged and shook her head. Gee thanks.

I turned back to the other girl.

“Well, I'm Leo,” I said. “And you are?”

“Kristen,” she murmured. I about fell backwards. Whoa! She can actually talk.

“Well, nice to meet you, Kristen,” I said. “What's the matter? Are you feeling okay?” Kristen stared at me for a moment.

“Hello?” Kana asked inside me. Kristen looked like she was ready to cry. Her eyes started to well up.

“Kristen?” I asked. She just broke down sobbing. The girl leaned on my shoulder, crying. Leo looked so confused.

“Uh…” I said. Kana shrugged and shook her head. I sat there looking awkward.

“He's such an asshole!” Kristen wailed. My face went flat.

“Oh,” I muttered. Guy troubles, huh? Still, I couldn't leave her. Kana wouldn't let me. I was just stuck. I looked up at the sky. Oh boy…

Kristen sobbed on my chest.

Broken Doll