InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Five Chap. Twenty-Nine: Sense ( Chapter 29 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sense

-Leo-

I don't know what prompted me to do this. Maybe it was all getting on my nerves. Maybe it was Kristen's problems. Maybe it was Kana getting to me. Whatever. I just knew I had to do something.

“I'm home,” I said as I came through the door. No one was here. I took off my shoes and walked in.

“Hello? Anyone home?” I asked. I made my way to the living room.

“Hello? Ma? Dad?” I asked. I stopped when I approached the couch. Sure enough, Hisako was sound asleep on the couch. I frowned as I shook my head. Might as well get this over with. I reached over and shook her on the shoulder.

“Hey! Get up! Hey! Hey!” I whispered. My sister slowly opened her eyes.

“What?” she asked. I stood over her stone-faced.

“We need to talk,” I said. Hisako looked confused.

“Huh?” she asked. I knelt down to her.

“It's about your daughter,” I said. Hisako stared at me. I pulled out her phone. My sister sat up.

“How did you unlock my phone?” she asked. I read her texts.

“What do we have here?” I asked. “Were you really planning on going away for the weekend with your boyfriend.” She glared at me.

“What's it to you?” my sister asked. I sighed aloud.

“You aren't going,” I said.

“What?!” she asked. I folded my arms across my chest.

“I'm serious,” I said. “Your daughter needs you!” My sister looked like a spoiled child. I rolled my eyes. Still, I couldn't give up. I had to get through.

“When was the last time you talked to Ranko?” I asked. Hisako gave me a blink stare.

“Exactly,” I said. “Your daughter is more important! She's always at my house. It's like we're raising her for you! Don't you care about her?” Hisako huffed at me.

“Leave me alone,” she muttered. My sister climbed off the couch and walked past me.

“No! I will not!” I shouted. I followed her down the hall. Typical. She tries to run when she doesn't want to talk about her problems. I wasn't backing down this time.

“Go away!” Hisako yelled.

“No,” I said. I followed her to the bathroom. She had to shove me out to close the door.

“Leave me alone!” she yelled.

“I won't!” I shouted.

This isn't working, Kana said.

“I can see that,” I whispered.

“Who are you talking?” my sister asked.

“No one!” I shouted. Damn it. That was close.

Sorry, Kana said. I shook my head. Must stay focused.

“Look,” I said. “I'm only trying to help you and my niece.”

“Why do you care?” she asked.

“Because you're my sister!” I said. “Ranko is my niece. She's your daughter. We are family.” Hisako laughed.

“Some family we are,” she said. I couldn't argue there. I had my toxic folks getting back together, maybe. I don't want that, but I have no say. I could at least stop this.

“I'm cancelling your trip,” I said .

“What?!” she shouted. I was already typing the text.

“This is for your own good,” I said. “Your daughter needs you.” The bathroom door opened. My sister lunged at me. I had already hit send. She jumped me.

“Give it! Give me back my phone!” Hisako screamed. I lay on the floor, laughing. She hit me in the side.

“Jerk,” Hisako hissed. She climbed off of me. I just laid there, smirking. It wasn't much, but I did something. I can't stop there. I frowned and sighed. Oh boy…

For the Family