InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Five Chap. Thirty: Art Dreamer ( Chapter 30 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Art Dreamer

-Leo-

As if I didn't need more problems.

-Outside-

Ranko has a friend. She met him at school. It was art class in fact. The kids were drawing today. Ranko sat off to the side. She stared down at the paper. Nothing. She couldn't think of anything. The girl looked around. Her classmates got right into drawing. The girl sat back and frowned. The teachers didn't understand.

“Come on,” her art teacher said. “You have to draw something.” Ranko glared up at her. Easy for her to say. It came to the girl's attention that someone was sitting next to her. Ranko slowly turned her head.

He looked so pale. Like hair and skin whiter than snow pale. Only his blue eyes stood out. Ranko couldn't help but stare.

“Oh…” she said. This boy stared at her.

“Hello,” he said in a calm voice.

“Uh… hi…” she whispered. She couldn't take her eyes off of this boy. Who was he? Had he been there the whole time?

“Uh… I'm… I'm…” the little girl said.

“Ran,” he said. Ran slowly nodded.

“Who are you?” she whispered. The boy didn't respond. He picked up a yellow crayon and started drawing. Ranko watched closely. The boy's hands got to work. It was like watching a magic trick. The yellow butterflies looked so real. They looked like they could fly away.

“Wow!” Ranko said. “So pretty!” Suddenly, the boy leaned down and blew on the paper. The butterflies came to life and flew around the room. Ranko's little jaw dropped.

“Wow!” she said. The other students looked up to see the butterflies. Ranko turned to the boy.

“Do it again!” she said. The boy gave her a little smile. He started to draw again. This time, it was red beetles. He blew on the page. The bugs came to life and flew away. The children couldn't stop staring at them. The boy drew another picture. This time it was a red elephant.

By now, the teacher looked up. Her jaw hit the floor.

“What the --?!” she shouted. The children stared on amazed. Ranko sat back laughing. The boy started on another picture.

---------

-Leo-

I'm not going to lie. I don't like that kid. Something stinks about him. Ranko brought him over today. She doesn't know his name. How is it possible that a kid be so pale and still living? I should've shut the door in his face.

The doorbell rang at her apartment on Sunday.

“I'll get it!” Ranko said.

“Huh?” I asked. She already was at the door. I got up and walked over for a look.

“Hi!” my niece said. I came around the corner and saw that kid. When I saw his eyes, I knew.

This creepy brat had to go.

Art Demon