InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Five Chap. Thirty-One: Hellbent ( Chapter 31 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hellbent

-Leo-

Why does everything keep piling up on me? Now I've got another person I have to deal with.

I was on the phone when I heard my door buzz. What the hell?

I got up and walked over to the door.

“Who is it?” I asked as I looked out the peephole. Some girl stood outside, shuffling around. I blinked as I looked confused.

“Who is that?” Kana asked. I didn't answer. Instead, I opened the door.

“Tamako?” I asked. That girl looked up at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. Tamako looked down at her feet.

“Did your dad hit you again?” I asked.

“I'm so sorry,” she whispered. I shook my head.

“No,” I said. “Come in.” I helped her inside. I looked around before I closed the door behind her.

“Leo, who is she?” Kana asked.

“We'll talk later,” I said.

“What?” Tamako asked.

“Nothing!” I lied. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Oh yeah, I forgot about her. That's going to be a challenge.

---------

Tamako, Kana, and I sat in the living room.

“Who is she?” Kana asked.

She's in my class, I said.

“Oh…” she said. I kept my attention on Tamako. She looked down at her hands as she tugged at her sleeves.

“Tell me what happened,” I said. “Was it your dad?” Tamako nodded.

“What happened?” I asked. She shook her head. Here we go again.

“Listen,” I said. “You aren't leaving until you talk to me. You aren't going home tonight.” That girl lifted her head. I saw the fear in her eyes.

“You think that's a good idea?” Kana asked.

Yes! She can't go back to that bastard.

“He hit me,” Tamako whimpered. I looked up to see tears in her eyes.

“Aw, come here,” I said. I walked over and pulled her into a hug. She leaned in and cried against me. Her father. Just thinking about him makes me want to punch something. Her mother was able to escape. She abandoned Tamako with that monster. Since then, she came to me when things got worse. Why she won't run away, I don't understand.

I lifted her face to me.

“You are staying here tonight,” I said. Tamako started to argue.

“No!” I said. “Don't speak. If you go back, it will be worse. He could end up killing you. Do you understand?” She lowered her head.

“Yes,” she said. I breathed out.

“Very good,” I said. “Have you eaten yet?” Tamako shook her head.

“Right,” I said. I stood up.

“I will see what I have,” I said. I walked into the kitchen.

“You sure this is a good idea?” Kana asked.

It's fine. She has nowhere to go. I can handle him if I need to. I opened the cabinet and started looking for some ramen. This was going to be another long night.

I'm Ruining My Life