InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Five Chap. Thirty-Two: Me and a Gun ( Chapter 32 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Me and a Gun

It keeps building. Leo is the one they turn to. He doesn't understand why.

Leo's phone rang around midnight. He muttered to himself as felt around on the floor. He muttered to himself as he felt around for it on the floor. Who the hell was calling him this late at night?

“Hello?” Leo asked. Whimpering came over the other line. He narrowed his half-asleep eyes.

“Huh? Who is this?” the boy asked. More whimpering and sobbing filled his ear.

Wait a minute. He knew that voice.

“Kristen?” he asked. Leo sat up in bed.

“What's wrong? I can't hear you,” he said. He listened in closely. A few words made sense. One word caught her ear.

“What?” he asked. “Where are you?”

“I'm outside your apartment,” Kristen said.

“Well… come up,” Leo said.

“I can't,” she whimpered. “Hurt…”

“Hold on,” Leo said. “I'll be right down.” He hung up the phone. The boy climbed out of bed. Here he went again.

----------

Kristen sat on the ground near the door. The rain made her disheveled state worse. She coughed as she shivered.

“Kristen?” she heard in the distance. The girl lifted her head. Leo stood over her with an umbrella.

“Kristen,” he said. “What happened to you?” Her lower lip trembled.

“Come on,” Leo said. He helped her to her feet. The boy helped her into his apartment.

“What happened to her?” Kana asked. Leo didn't answer. He pulled Kristen onto the couch. She looked like a slumped over rag doll. The boy leaned in close.

“Tell me the truth,” he said. “What happened to you?” The girl stared at him for a moment. She looked ready to cry. Leo sighed.

“Fine,” he said. “I'll just sit with you until you talk.” Leo sat down next to the battered girl. She whimpered something under her breath. Leo turned his head.

“What did you say?” he asked.

“He… raped me,” the girl confessed.

“What?!” he snapped. Kristen started to cry. Leo narrowed his eyes.

“Are you sure it was him?” Kana asked. Leo didn't even stop her.

“Yes!” Kristen said, wailing. Leo pulled her into his arms.

“I'll kill that bastard,” he said under his breath. His younger friend whimpered. Leo had visions of murder in his head.

---------

“You can't do that!” Kana wailed.

“And why not?” Leo asked.

“You'll be a killer!” she said.

“So?” he asked. “He's gone too far! I'm going to find him and kill him!” He growled and gritted his teeth.

“How are you going to do that?” Kana asked. Leo paused.

“Huh?” he asked.

“Do you even know where he is?” Kana asked. He clicked his tongue.

“No,” he said. “But I know where to look.” He walked out of his room. Kana tried to stop him in his place.

“Don't try to stop me, bitch!” he yelled. She puffed up her cheeks.

“No!” she shouted. The nymph hit herself in the stomach.

“Ow!” Leo howled.

“Listen to me!” she shouted. “I know you want to help her, but you aren't going about this the right way!” Leo gritted his teeth. Kana held him in place. She wasn't going to let him up that easily.

Finally, Leo calmed down and breathed out.

“Fine,” he said, sounding agitated. “What's your best idea?” Kana gave him a little smirk.

“I have a couple of ideas,” she said.

“Go on…” Leo said. The water nymph began to talk with a glint in her eye.

Plotting Revenge