InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Five Chap. Thirty-Three: Scoundrel Pair ( Chapter 33 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Scoundrel Pair

-Leo-

Alisa Jones. When was the last time I saw her? Two years ago? Maybe it was three. Imagine my shock when I got an email from her this morning. I thought I was seeing things.

“Huh?” I asked.

What is it?

“Alisa,” I said. “She's an old friend.” I opened the email. Kana read along with me. My jaw dropped.

“No way…” I said.

She's coming here?

“Yeah. I guess so,” I said. I read the message again and again. Was this real?

“Wow,” was all I said. And she was coming today? Holy shit.

Who's Alisa? What is she like?

I sat back in my chair and smiled.

“She was a good friend,” I said. “We had a lot of good times together.” I couldn't help but smile.

Oh

I slightly frowned. “What?”

Nothing. It's nothing.

“Oh come on!” I said.

I'm not!

I sighed and shook my head. “Anyway, she's coming to Japan today.” The email was from three days ago.

----------

I waited in our old spot. She liked Mos Burger for some reason. I didn't understand why. It was not that great. I've had better burgers. But she always had to come here.

I pulled out my phone. She sent me her number in the email. I called her up with my phone. I sat back and waited. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

Leo?

“Shhh,” I said. I listened to the phone.

“Hello?” Alisa asked. I sat up straight.

“Hello? Alisa?” I asked. “You here yet? Where are you?” I looked around in the crowd.

“I'm at the entry,” she said. I turned and looked at the front door. A girl stood on her tiptoes, looking around.

“Oh, there you are,” I said. I flagged her down. She turned to look at where I was.

“I see you!” she shouted. “Hang on. I'm coming over.” I watched as she pushed her way over.

Is that her?

“Yeah,” I said. I sat back, smiling. Alisa made it over to my table. She paused for a breath.

“Yo,” I said with a wave. Alisa leaped forward and hugged me.

“It's so good to see you!” she said. I hugged her back. She slipped out of my gasp.

“So, what brings you back to Japan?” I asked. Alisa smiled but tried to look away.

“I just missed you,” she said. I raised an eyebrow.

“Do your parents know you're here?” I asked. She grinned harder.

“Sure!” Alisa said. I narrowed my eyes for a moment. She still grinned at me. Her teeth looked like they hurt. I looked confused.

“Alisa?” I asked.

“Fine!” she said. “I'm fine! Everything is fine!” Leo put up his hands.

“Okay, okay,” he said. “I believe you.” Alisa breathed out.

“Thank you,” she said. She turned and walked over to the line to get food. I settled back into place.

You can't be serious.

“I know,” I said.

But

“I know,” I said again. Kana settled back, frowning.

“Now what?”

I sat back in my chair and sighed. “Act like everything is fine for now. Wait until she talks.” Kana frowned.

I shrugged to myself. “It's all we can do for now. I know her. Forcing her to talk won't work.” Kana said nothing as I sense how unhappy she was with my answer. But it couldn't be helped. I sat up when Alisa came back with her food.

“Hey,” she said. “Did I miss anything?”

“No,” I said, shaking my head. “Nothing at all.” Alisa sat down and started eating.

Everything's Fine