InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Five Chap. Thirty-Four: Love Chain ( Chapter 34 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love Chain

Love can be so confusing. It doesn't change as you get older. Three young people are going to learn that the hard way.

-Be-

I don't get him at all. I'm not interested in him. Everything about Hindeo is wrong. Well, not wrong. Just… off-putting. I can't figure him out. It's like he's from another planet. My friends think that he's gay. I don't think he might even be that. He talks about how much he likes women. Now that I think about it, he seems to overcompensating for something. That being said, that might be why he'd going after me so hard.

That's another thing about him. I don't understand why me. There are plenty of girls who would find him cute. Some of them actually do. I just don't get it.

“Hey!” someone called behind me. I turned to see Hindeo running up to me. I turned to him as I forced myself to smile.

“Yeah?” I asked. He walked up to me with tickets in his hand.

“What are these?” I asked. Hindeo broke into a huge grin.

“Are you free this weekend?” he asked.

“Sure…” I said. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Why?” I asked. Hindeo puffed out his chest.

“I got invited out to a Kabuki show by my boss,” he bragged. “I'm looking for a plus one to go with.” I saw what he was getting at. The wiggling eyebrows made it too obvious.

“Hm,” I said. He waited for me to respond. He's serious. And he's not going to back down either. I can't even come up with a reason not to.

“Sure…” I said. Because I didn't have anything else to say. Oh boy…

----------

-Jin-

I will never get girls. Sure, I've lived with them all my life, but that means nothing. Mom and Be aren't “normal”. I love them but they aren't going to help me.

I realized that when I noticed Mimiko trying to spend time with me.

Where do I begin with her? She's kind of nice. I've known her for years. We haven't really talked though. Never saw a reason to. We were never that close. In fact, she was the one who came to me. That's right. I don't know why either. It happened during lunch. I was alone in the classroom when someone called my name. I looked up to see Mimiko standing in the doorway. She broke into a big smile. I made a face at her.

“Yes?” I asked. She didn't speak at first. Mimiko walked over and sat down next to me. She batted her eyelashes at me.

“Uh… can I help you?” I asked.

“I like you,” Mimiko said. “I mean, really, like you.” Yeah, that's what I thought I heard her say.

“Uh… thank you?” I said. She looked disappointed.

“Oh,” Mimiko said. We just sat there in uncomfortable silence. I shoved more food in my mouth. What just happened?

--------

-Chiko-

Why can't I find a good man? It always turns out the same. This was why I tried to stop dating. But my grandma did it again.

I sat at the table looking stunned.

“I'm sorry, what?” I asked. Grandma sat across from me, grinning.

“He's a nice young man,” she said. I shook my head.

“No!” I said. “Please! I can't.” She started to look disappointed.

“Aw, come on,” she said. “Just meet him. He's really nice.” I think I'm going to be sick. That wasn't a good reason. Oh no. She's making that face. She looked like a hurt puppy. No. You're not getting me this time. No. No. No!

I sighed.

“Fine,” I said. “I'll do it.” My grandma perked up.

“Thank you so much!” she shouted and bowed her head. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Oh boy…

------------

Meanwhile, Mai-Pai and Soon were in for a shock. It started with a phone call.

“Hello?” Mai-Pai asked.

“Mai-Pai!” Pumpkin said on the other line. Her sister-in-law froze.

“What?” she asked. There was a pause.

“We're going to move into that empty house down the street,” Pumpkin said. “We're going to be neighbors! Steven and I are going to stop by your place for dinner!” Mai-Pai could be heard screaming from outside.

Complicated Love