InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Five Chap. Thirty-Five: Old Love Scar ( Chapter 35 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Old Love Scar

-Leo-

Why is it hard to get rid of something or someone so toxic? Kristen, Kana, and I are in the same boat. Only, Kris can't see it. I noticed something was wrong a few days ago.

I had been so busy that I didn't pay attention to her. That became apparent last Sunday. I was asleep when there was a pounding on my door. I turned over grumbling. The pounding grew louder. I rolled over in my bed groaning.

“What?!” I shouted.

“Leo?” a small voice asked. I sat up as fast as I could. Wait… Is that…

I jumped up and to the door. Through the open crack, I found Kris standing in the hall.

“Kris?” I asked. “Hold on a second.” I shut my door and threw some clothes on in the dark. I opened the door again. That's when I got a good look at Kris' face.

“What happened to you?” I asked. The whole left side of her face looked so bruised and red. She tried to cover her face.

“It's nothing!” she blurted out. I frowned and moved aside.

“Get in,” I said. She kept her head down as she walked into my room. I shook my head.

“Who did this to you?” I asked. Kris wouldn't look me in the eye.

“Did he do this to you?” I asked. She froze. He was Ichiro. I don't know his whole name. Kris won't tell me anything about him. I should have taken that as a clue. I should have asked more questions. I just…

“It was my fault!” Kris said. “I got into a fight with him. He got angry. Leo! Leo, please!” Tears ran down her cheeks. I wiped them away with my thumb.

“Come on,” I said. “I can't have you like this. How am I supposed to help you if you won't let me?” Kris lowered her eyes.

So here I am being the hero again. Kris is so much better than this. I wish someone would help her see that. I didn't have much to go on with Ichiro. I knew he was older than her. He had a motorcycle. He was in a gang. But that was about it.

I don't even know what the little shit looks like. I am starting to see why Kris told me nothing about him.

What do you plan to do?

Hunt him down. Kick his ass. Maybe kill him.

You can't!

Okay, I won't kill him. But I am still going to kick his ass. And maybe talk to him. But I was going to have to find his punk-ass first.

“Say, Kris,” I said. She didn't lift her head.

“What's Ichiro's last name again?” I asked. She didn't answer at first. Kana held me back from speaking. I put my hand on Kris' shoulder. She kept her head down. Oh great. Another dead-end.

“Hm?” I asked.

“Takahara,” she said.

“What?” I asked. She was staring at me now. Kris wasn't crying anymore.

“Takahara Ichiro,” she said. I nodded. Okay. We were getting somewhere. Now, I just had to find that bastard and beat his ass.

However, I was going to have more problems on our hands. I had no idea he would be back.

---------

Keisuke awoke in the darkness. He smirked to himself. That scent was back. He had to have it.

Toxic Love