InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Souls Found ❯ Sweet Hanyou ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
Author's note: Finally! A Lemon! Or is this a Lime?
 
 
Lost Souls Found
Chapter 5: Sweet Hanyou
 
 
Kagome felt a small stab of fear as InuYasha took off with their garbage. She'd been pretty straight with him, laying out her thoughts, wishes and dilemmas. Making sure he knew that she had decisions to make with her life, and that she planned to make them. She had only asked that he let her know whether to factor him into the equation or not. And she thought she'd made it pretty obvious that she hoped he wanted to be factored in.
 
Doubts began to plague her as she laid out her blanket in the mini cave, and he didn't return. As she brushed her teeth, and he didn't return. As she laid out her towel and PJs by the hot spring, and he didn't return. As she stripped her clothes, washed them and laid them out on the warm rocks to dry through the night, and he didn't return. As she pinned her hair up off her neck, and he didn't return. As she stepped into the soothing warm water, and he didn't return. She didn't really think he'd strand her out here, since she had no idea how to get back, but then, he didn't return.
 
Frustration arose in her, boiling up with the blush that spread through her cheeks as the water had its effect. Why was she always on this emotional roller coaster with him? Her life would be so much easier with a regular guy, someone who wore normal clothes and didn't rip bad guys to shreds for a living. Wouldn't she just be better off going home and staying there? Finding someone who wasn't so afraid of his own feelings that he couldn't stay close to her, where she needed him to be? Argh!
 
But today, he had been close, right where she needed him. Listening. Talking. Feeling. Holding her hand and letting her rest her body on his strength. Why couldn't he just stay that way, instead of running away again? Could she keep this up? The hoping? The trusting? Could she keep shooing away the doubts forever?
 
The heat was making her woozy, so she stepped up on a rock to sit with her feet dangling in the spring. The steam rose from her body as the residual moisture kissed the cooling night air. Her head began to clear and she felt a little better. There was no more to it. Either he came back and stayed, or she went home and stayed. Her terms hadn't changed. It was up to him.
 
The small insect noises stopped abruptly and she knew she wasn't alone. The fire had died down to embers and she spotted her bow more than twenty yards away, leaning against the mini-cave's entrance. Her heart thumped loudly in her ears, and she was acutely aware of her vulnerability to whatever had stilled the night. She almost jumped into the water, but something stopped her. Somehow she knew that this was a pivotal moment in her life, and that she had to be fully focused on it.
 
A step. His step. She breathed again and looked to his silhouette by the fading firelight. Now she was completely aware of her nakedness, inside and out. Her heart picked up again. He wasn't saying anything. Had he come to tell her good-bye after all?
 
“Kagome.” His voice was soft. “I almost stayed away tonight.”
 
“I know,” she hated the fact that she did know.
 
“But I can't …” he breathed deeply. “I can't stay away from you.”
 
“But do you still want to?” Wow. She was amazed at herself. She wasn't going to cut him any slack. She was going to make him say it all. “Are you going to keep running away?”
 
“No.” He chuckled a mirthless sound. “But I admit that I'm scared shitless.”
 
“Of what?”
 
“Everything. The future. Me fitting into your life. You fitting into mine. Of … ” He cut his words off and his voice lowered to a strangled whisper, “Of losing you.”
 
“Right now, you're the only one that can make that happen.” It was like someone else was using her voice; saying these words from her heart. She was dizzy, but recognized the voice of her soul.
 
“I know that.” He smiled, a shadow shifting across his darkened face. “That's why I'm here.”
 
She smiled back. “Well, then come here, already.” Oh shit! I'm naked and I invited him over here.
 
“Hm.” He hesitated briefly, but moved towards her, maneuvering around the rocky terrain to stand over her in the dark. The bridge spanned out between then, waiting for a traveler. He sat down next to her on the rock, his back to the pool that she faced, his body twisted to look at her. He had the decency to look at her face, but somehow she knew that he was acutely aware of the rest of her as well. His voice was still low.
 
“I'm here.” His hand rose to her face and cupped her cheek. She felt his claws push gently into her hair, which fell gently out of its pin to slide down over her shoulder as he wiggled his fingers a bit to loosen it.
 
Kagome's heart pounded and her breath had become short. She was incredibly aware of her body, responding to his touch. Heat was rising through her like a wash of hot breath through her veins. Things were stirring inside her, feelings both physical and emotional, wrapping together and embracing her in warmth and excitement. I never thought about what to do if this really happened, she thought to herself. It was always just a fantasy. She felt his thumb stroke her lips, and her heart just about jumped out of her ribcage. This is real life!
 
His eyes had lost their golden glow in the night's shadow of blue-gray, but they burned into her anyway as he drew her to him. His lips were surprisingly soft against her own, as soft as his hand was hard, holding the back of her head in case she tried to pull away. But she didn't. That was the last thing she wanted to do. As this became obvious to him, his hand slipped down her neck slowly, letting the tips of his claws lightly trail against her skin, sharper than a tickle. She wasn't sure exactly what to do, but her body was more confident, responding to his touch by reaching out to him, wrapping her hand around his neck, opening herself to him, opening her lips to draw his tongue in and sending her own to explore his mouth, feeling his fangs and giggling at how cute they felt, until he gently bit her with them.
 
They drew away from each other, their breathing heavier, their bodies rushing with heat. His hand was on her neck and moved to stroke her shoulder, down her arm, letting his sleeve brush her breast.
 
“I'm a little ahead of you here,” she heard herself say. Her hands reached up to untie the small string that lay across his haori. He slid his hands under her elbows and onto her waist, lifting her as though she weighed nothing and seating her on his lap, straddling him so that she had a better angle to pull and tug at his clothing.
 
Still amazed at her daring, she untied his outer haori, leaning into him to push it off his shoulders, he kissed her when her face brushed his. As she searched for the tie that held his inner shirt, he held his arms out, letting her do the work. Part of her noticed how unusual this was for him, rarely letting anyone do anything for him unless he was injured. She found the tie and soon had it undone, pushing it off to reveal his lean, powerful chest. He let her touch him, resting his arms on her thighs. She moved her hand over his muscles and the smoother parts, feeling the softness of skin rarely exposed. She had touched him so many times before, healing him and soothing his pain. But this was different. This body, the one on fire under her touch, the one that responded to every little movement of her fingers, that breathed his breath in time with hers, this was a man she had never known before. This was the man she had wanted to know, wanted to find, wanted.
 
He wore nothing above the waist but his Sit Beads. She fingered them. “Do you want me to take them off?”
 
He looked down at her hands, massaging the small beads between her thumb and forefinger. How often had he wanted her to say those words? To his surprise, remembering the new thread of security they gave him, he said, “not yet.” Judging by the angle of her head in the dark, this was not what she had expected him to say. To his continued surprise, he laughed. “One thing at a time, okay?” And then he laughed harder. He couldn't remember the last time he'd laughed at himself so hard. Soon she was laughing too, and they hugged, her breasts softly crushing into his bare chest, their arms wrapping around each other.
 
Slowly they fell into chuckles and then silence again. She felt him nuzzle her neck from inside the embrace, his ears tickling her cheek and bringing the smile back to her lips. Lifting her chin, and threading her fingers through his long soft hair to hold his head in her hands, she brought him back around to her mouth and she was lost in his kiss once more. This time what began as a slow luxurious movement became more intense as a long-held passion bloomed between them. They were both aware of the release, finally able to show each other, and themselves, feelings they had held inside for months - maybe years. His hands moved over her, feeling the places he had so longed to touch. She let him touch her, excited by the signs of his desire.
 
His fire rat hakama pants couldn't hide the fact that the rest of him wanted into the action. Kagome was a little unsure what to do when she could no longer ignore his insistent pushing under her, having never seriously considered the possibility of this particular moment.
 
“InuYasha,” she said pulling away. His eyes were closed and his open mouth followed her backwards movement, moving with little kisses down her chin and neck. She tried to stop before he got any lower, but his firm grip on her ribcage forced her back until her upper body lay in his arms, her legs wrapped around his waist. His kisses kept moving down her, licking the hollows at the base of her neck and down into the space between her breasts. She was breathing so fast she hoped she didn't pass out, when he moved over to take a breast into his mouth. His sharp fangs scraped lightly against her skin, and her nipple contracted under his tongue, coaxing an involuntary moan from her lips. He replied, equally unconsciously, with a growl that rumbled up from his entire body.
 
Oh geez. Oh geez. Oh geez. She thought, somewhere between ecstasy and terror. I'm not sure this was such a good idea. His growl deepened and he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her open hips into his lap, contracting his abs to apply counter pressure and sucking hard on her. She momentarily was lost in a wave of pleasure, feeling a warmth and wetness spread from inside her. He responded to the smell of her, rising on the heat between them, his growl becoming a moan of need.
 
He stopped, pulling her back up and placed his head on her shoulder, panting into her neck. She could feel his heart beating against hers. She held him tight, wondering what to do next.
 
“Kagome,” his voice sounded strange. Husky and slow. “I don't think there's … I can't … there's not much turning back from here for me.” His words were awkward, as though his brain was a little addled. “Is this what you want?”
 
Yes! No! Both words collided in her mouth, and she cleared her throat to let the right ones out. “More than anything, my sweet hanyou.” She reached up to stroke his ears, letting her fingers comb down the length of his hair and lightly scratch his back. “But I'm not sure I'm ready for a bunch of little quarter-demons running around just yet.” She hadn't really even been conscious of the fact that this was her one remaining hesitation, although now that she'd voiced it, she was shocked she hadn't thought of it sooner. No. Definitely not ready for motherhood.
 
“'Sweet hanyou',” she could hear the smile in his voice. “I like the sound of that.” She smiled too, knowing how much that meant to him and how easy it was for her to give such a gift. “The quarter-demons. Now there's a dilemma.” He sat up; his head apparently clearing for a moment, though his body was still on fire under her fingers. She could feel the tension in his muscles as he held her to him, containing his strength, continuing to push her into him, rocking with little movements over the top of his erection. More warmth spread between her legs.
 
“Actually …,” she embarrassed herself by saying something she'd been thinking for a long time, but never thought she'd be saying to him. Practicality came forth for the moment. As she had come to rely on the benefits of modern science in the feudal era, so there was no reason to hold it in. “Actually, I know of a way to make sure the little guys don't show up until we're ready for them.”
 
He pulled back to look at her completely, his ears twitching. “Huh?” She explained birth control pills, and he stared at her, dumbfounded. “You really do live in an amazing time,” he said. He came at her and kissed her until she was breathless again. Pulling away just enough to form words, he said,”when can you get some?”
 
“Hm. Well,” she tried to think back on that pamphlet in the doctor's office she'd seen a year or so ago. It was just about time for her next appointment. “I can probably get it when I go home next time, but,” she let her voice trail off, knowing he wasn't going to like the next part,”um, I think it takes a month to work.” He didn't say anything, maybe he didn't understand. “We'd have to wait a month.”
 
He took this information in without moving. Then she felt more than saw a wicked grin spread across his face. “A month, huh?” He kissed her lightly on the lips. “But we can still do this, right?” He moved hungrily down to her other breast until she was gasping for air.
 
“Right,” she managed to squeak out between huffs.
 
++++++++
 
The next several days were like a dream Kagome had never had, but always wanted. They were a `couple' again for all the tasks of the day, and now he took long walks with her, whisking her away on his back sometimes and just walking others. He helped more with her chores, and even spontaneously did more himself. He was kinder to Shippo. He still wouldn't hold her hand in front of the others, but he didn't seem to mind showing his affection with words. At least he didn't call her `bitch' anymore. She guessed that was his way of showing affection in public. Not quite her ultimate goal, but a step in the right direction.
 
And at night, he would take her away when the fire died down. Usually, they would go back to the hot spring. He knew how much Kagome enjoyed taking baths in the morning, and she was coming to appreciate how much he enjoyed watching her take them. He even joined her now and then. For some reason, he didn't want to return to the waterfall.
 
Everything went fine for a few nights, teasing, exploring. But when they stopped to cool down, he would disappear for a few minutes before coming back to curl up with her to sleep. At first she wondered if he were having second thoughts. He wasn't gone very long, and he would come back ready to sleep instead of riled up, the way he had left. Granted, she usually woke up to him jammed against her rear in the night, but when he came back from his jaunts, he was soft and warm all over, ready to snuggle her into his arms.
 
The fourth night, a previously random thought started to take on shape in her mind.
 
“InuYasha,” she said a little while after he'd returned and they were spooning together. Neither had been able to fall fully asleep, and she felt him getting hard behind her again. He mumbled something in to her hair
 
“Um,” how the hell did she say this? “Before we go to sleep at night … um … where do you go?”
 
There was a pause. “You know, to get ready to sleep.”
 
Another pause. “But you've never done that the whole time I've known you.” She giggled. “You always just flop down, or climb a tree. Have you finally learned to brush your teeth?”
 
“Keh!” He was waking up now, and the pressure against her backside was getting intense. “You know I don't need to do that.”
 
“Yes you do,” Kagome started in on an old argument, but decided to let it go in the interests of staying on subject.
 
He cleared his throat, knowing she was still waiting for an answer. “I um,” he coughed again, “go out to let off some steam. After all,” *cough*cough*, “I still have to last another … five weeks at least, right?” He propped himself up on his elbow behind her and moved his hand from her waist where it had tucked her into him up to hold her breast lightly. “You didn't really think I was going to make it that long without … you know … a little release once in a while…,” he sniggered a little, “like every night.” She thought she felt his whole body blush.
 
It dawned on her what he was saying, and then she blushed so hard she was sure he could see the glow even in the dark. This was also not a situation she had anticipated.
 
“What about you, Kagome?” His tone became soft and coaxing. “Don't you need a release? We've been playing a bit, but we're not really to the good stuff yet.” Her blush was at least crimson by now.
 
“Uh,” she stammered, knowing what he was asking but not sure how to tell him … “I haven't really found the time - or the place actually - to do anything about it.” *cough*cough* “Besides, it's different for girls. We don't need to `release' quite as often.” His hand was back at it again, taunting her and calling her a liar as her body screamed at her idiotic statement.
 
“Right,” he said and she heard the smile on his lips, “would you be offended if I told you I don't believe you? Your scent gives you away.” He paused, pulling her against him in the dark, “and it makes me crazy.”
 
“There's not much we could do about it, is there?” Kagome wasn't sure where this conversation was going, “we agreed, didn't we? We'll wait a month, until I get the pills and they take effect.”
 
“That we did,” he was still smiling into the dark, “but there are other options, you know.” His hand moved down to gently move her legs apart. She felt his claws pass lightly over her inner thighs and she sucked in some air as he continued to stroke her.
 
“Um, your claws,” she said, letting one of her true concerns out, “girls like it gentle … down there,” She scrunched up her face to the darkness thinking she sounded like a total wuss. She didn't want to reject his advances, but those claws were sharp!
 
“Oh. Right. Good point.” As if to emphasize his understanding, he pushed a clawtip delicately into her thigh, careful not to break the skin. For the shortest second, she became acutely aware that she was completely vulnerable to a creature that killed monsters with his bare hands. She shook her head to rid herself of the horrible images of the times he had turned into a demon.
 
He seemed to sense that she wasn't totally comfortable with the direction the conversation was headed. In fact, his action, playful as it was, and her very slight withdrawal, reminded him of his own worries. Some of the fear that had been held off by the last few days of bliss crept back into his heart. But at that particular moment, he was so in love with her, so wrapped up in her scent and being, he couldn't even imagine the demon he had been finding a place to take hold. It was incomprehensible. Thinking of this, of his resolve to somehow find a way, he was comforted.
 
“Kagome,” he said with a voice intended to reassure them both, “you know I could never hurt you.” He took her hand and put it on the Sit beads around his neck, “besides, you have this any time you need it.” He hoped she realized how hard that was for him to say.
 
“I know,” she said, communicating perfectly that she did indeed understand how hard it was for him to say. “Besides, I believe in you, InuYasha. I know you won't lose yourself.” She rolled onto her back and put her arms around his neck, under the silver fall of his hair drifting around her as she drew him to her. They kissed, and most of his worries melted away.
 
This kiss was one of the good ones. Long and slow, the expression of emotions and sensations building up around and in them both. His body lay across hers, his hands were up around her back, pulling her up against his chest, while his hip and his “little demon” as they'd taken to calling his generously proportioned penis, pushed into her pelvis and lower stomach, pulsing with excitement. It occurred to InuYasha he might have to take off again pretty soon. One release a night just might not be enough.
 
 
***TBC***
 
BTW: What the hell is that little string over his haori? Anyone know what the heck it's for? Also, lest you think the 30 day count-down is a tortured plot twist, it is based on an autobiographical incident. Truth is often stranger than fiction