InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love of a Kit ❯ Ack! Overwhemling WAFF! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Okay everyone. As I have NO ideas for this chapter, I will be writing it all off the top of my head. That and I'm half asleep, and relying on caffeine to keep me awake. I was up till 1 am watching the Slayers movie (which was great), and was woken up at 8 am by two of my cats duking it out.

Firethroat: So Sera apologizes for the awfulness of this chapter in advance.

Vurso: Add that to the fact that Erica and Firethroat have both been giving her ideas for songfics, and she's a bit irritable, too.

Firethroat: I think mine is great! And it has the potential to run on for a long time without running out of ideas!

Erica: Mine is only a one-shot!

Me: *Glaring* You KNOW that I want to finish Love of a Kit first!

Vurso: Why not just finish it this chapter?

Me: Actually, a good idea. Hear that everyone? Last chapter!

Erica: Oh, and one thing that has been bugging me about the reviews. SERA UPDATED EVERY SUNDAY! SAYING `PLEASE UPDATE SOON!' DIDN'T NOT AFFECT THAT IN ANY WAY! SHE WORKED ON UPDATING EVERY SUNDAY AND ONLY MISSED THE DEADLINE ONCE!

Firethroat: O.o Someone's PMSing.

Vurso: No kidding. And you've probably figured out by now that we don't own Inuyasha.

Firethroat: And I'm gonna end this insanely long author's note. On with the fic.

***

"So what are you gonna do next, kid?" Inuyasha asked from where he lay on a tree branch.

"I dunno. I'm running out of ideas." Shippou sighed. ((Aka, the author is running out of ideas.))

The hanyou thoughtfully tapped his chin with a claw as he wracked his brain for ideas. "Maybe you could create a nice illusion that she'd like."

The Kitsune brightened. "Yeah!" Then he drooped again. "But what would she like?"

"Hell if I know." The older man shrugged. "And quick advice, Shippou. Never try to understand women." He winced and rubbed his head. Kagome had been pretty irritable lately, though only to him.

"How many sits this time?"

"Twenty three." Both of them winced.

"Wonder why Kagome's being that way." Shippou mused.

"No clue. She's been throwing up in the morning, too." Inuyasha actually sounded worried for his mate.

"Could it have anything to do with the fact that she smells different?"

"How should I know? I've never seen these symptoms before, and Kaede-baba says that I have nothing to worry about. She also started laughing at me for some reason or another."

"Old people are weird." The two males nodded in agreement.

"So what should I do for the illusion?" The youkai prompted after a few minutes. "You have a mate, so what do women like?"

"Well, Kagome likes things like flowers, soft stuff, things like that. But Sango isn't Kagome."

"Yes, we've established that." His emerald eyes brightened. "I know!" Shippou leapt up and punched the air victoriously. Then he lost his balance and fell out of the tree.

Inuyasha sweatdropped as he looked over the edge of his branch, to see the Kitsune pick himself up and dash into the forest. "Wonder what he came up with…" The hanyou mused.

Don't worry, Inuyasha, the author doesn't know, either.

***

"What are you up to, Shippou?" Sango asked as the grinning youkai led her into a clearing in the forest.

"Stand here." He maneuvered Sango until she stood in the middle, then dashed over to bring Kagome's radio/cd player out of the bushes. The auburn haired one set it on a tree stump, then pressed play. Music filled the clearing, and Shippou started his illusions as he sang along with the singer on the song.

"I see the questions in your eyes.
I know what's weighing on your mind,
But you can be sure I know my part.
'Cos I'll stand beside you through the years."

During this, Shippou delved inside himself for his natural illusion powers, and a mist formed in the clearing. In it, Sango was able to clearly see herself and Shippou, a few years older, with a couple young Kitsune hanyou running around their ankles. Surprisingly, they looked a lot like a miniature Inuyasha, only with their hair being black or reddish, and with fox ears and tails. Completely adorable.

"You'll only cry those happy tears.
And though I'll make mistakes,
I'll never break your heart."

This time, Shippou made a picture of Miroku hurting Sango by always groping her, and then one following it that was just himself and the exterminator, sharing an innocent hug.

"I swear,
By the moon and the stars in the sky,
I'll be there.
I swear,
Like the shadow that's by your side,
I'll be there.
For better or worse,
'Til death do us part,
I'll love you with every beat of my heart.
I swear."

Stars appeared in the mist, making both feel as if they were in space, looking out across the universe. By then, Shippou had moved so that he was standing behind Sango, so as to better be able to craft his illusions.

"I'll give you everything I can.
I'll build your dreams with these two hands;
We'll hang some memories on the wall."

This set had scenes of Shippou coming out of a den, covered in dirt and obviously still digging it. He embraces the illusion Sango, who has a belly slightly rounded from pregnancy.

"And when there's silver in your hair,
You won't have to ask if I still care.
'Cos as time turns the page,
My love won't age at all."

This one was a little sadder, as it showed Sango and Shippou again, only this time the exterminator was as old as Kaede, while Shippou looked the same. The illusion Shippou doesn't look repulsed at all, as he leans down to gently kiss her.

"I swear,
By the moon and the stars in the sky,
I'll be there.
I swear,
Like the shadow that's by your side,
I'll be there.
For better or worse,
'Til death do us part,
I'll love you with every beat of my heart.
I swear."

Now the picture was of Shippou facing off against a large youkai, standing in front of Sango and clearly intending on taking it on by himself, no matter the danger. Unknown to the real Sango, Shippou snaked his arm around her waist, and rested his chin on her shoulder from behind.

"I swear,
By the moon and the stars in the sky,
I'll be there.
I swear,
Like the shadow that's by your side,
I'll be there.
For better or worse,
'Til death do us part,
I'll love you with every beat of my heart.
I swear."

The illusion started to fade, but before it went, it showed Shippou caring for a grave, and it was no guess as to who lay within it. A bed of flowers was planted on it, and the Kitsune lovingly cared for them, showing love for the human woman, even after her death.

"I swear." The last line was sung by both of them, and Sango leaned her head gently against the kitsune's, eyes closing as Shippou drew her closer to him. Unnoticed by them, two things happened. One, the mists around them dissipated as Shippou's concentration waned, and two, sad eyes belonging to a certain monk watched them from the forest. Silently, Miroku turned to leave.

***

"So did you find them?" Kagome asked Miroku worriedly as he emerged from the trees. A single nod is all that she received as he brushed past her, to begin saddling his horse.

"What happened?" Inuyasha asked, worried for the human that had been his friends for years.

"Sango's made her choice, and it's not me." He replied bitterly as he swung up to perch on the equine's back. "I have to go for a while."

"You'll come back, right?" The miko asked, pausing the horse.

"Of course I will, I just need some time to think things over. I'll be back in a few months. Oh, and Kagome, you might wish to tell Inuyasha soon." With that, the monk kicked the horse's sides, sending it into a gallop down the trail.

After watching him (dramatically) ride out of sight, Inuyasha turned curiously to Kagome. "Tell me what?"

She gulped. This was not gonna be easy…

***

Shippou and Sango were disturbed out of their peaceful moment by a very loud "YOU'RE WHAT?!?!?!" Coming from a certain hanyou.

***

Me: O.o Okay, that was unexpected.

Firethroat: You actually finished it?

Vurso: Looks like it…

Me: Anyways, please review! Remember, this is my last chapter!

Erica: And soon, you should see the fic that Sera wrote from my idea.

Firethroat: Hey! She's gonna use mine!

Erica: Mine!

Firethroat: Mine!

Erica: MINE!

Firethroat: MINE!!!

Me: *Glares at them* Shut up.