InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting the Future ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Meeting the Future:

Dis-/Claimer:
"Hey, this is mine. That's mine. All this is mine. I'm claiming all this as mine. Except that bit. I don't want that bit. " - Red Dwarf

I don't own Inuyasha or any other of the original characters. I wish I did, but I don't. I do own the plot of the story (woho!) since it's loosly based on my own experiences. And I might own the odd bits and pieces here and there, but it's not worth anything.
I hope that my spelling is correct in the story (Here, i don't really give a damn, as long as I make myself understood) but if not, then please tell me.

This story is not going to be a long one. I just got this idea that I wanted to write a story with Inuyasha and Kagome and I figured I would write about something I know, and one of the most wonderful experiences I have will be the theme of this story. Questions are welcome.

This story takes place after the Manga. I've read it all, but it was some time ago, and I have taken some liberties with the story after my own intrest. Please accept that Ive done this and please enjoy the story. It is a fanfiction and nothing else.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Meeting the Future.

Chapter 1.

It was the 10th of July. A saturday. The morning had risen bright with a promise of a hot sunny day. Once again Kagome hadn't really slept well, but that was nothing out of the ordinary these days. It was just too hot for her. Even with her window open, and a fan gently blowing a breeze over her body, she still couldn't find a possition that was satisfying.

Atleast this night she had been able to sleep a total of 4 hours. But she was not about to complain. For several weeks now, her sleeping habits had been turned on the side, sleeping whenever she had to, and never for any long periods of time.

She was really grateful for her and Inuyashas decision to come back to her family for the time being. That way she could reap the benefits of a comfy, modern bed. Sure, it had been upgraded since they had come back, but it hadn't been her idea. Her mother had insisted on getting a larger bed for her and Inuyasha, so they didn't need to be so squeezed together in her old.

Glancing to the side of her, she saw that the clock on her nightside table read 5.05. 'Way too early' she sighed and turned on her other side.

She smiled softly as she gazed upon her sleeping mate and husband. Mate. And Husband. Was she ever going to fully realize that he was hers? Completely and fully of both worlds. Reaching out her left hand to stroke some of his silver hair out of his face, her eyes caught the small shine coming from the ring on her finger.

A small weddingband of white gold rested on her hand. No diamonds where on it. No, she hadn't wanted diamonds. Instead there was a cat's eye rubellite, light pink in colour. The resemblence between the stone and the shikon jewel was not lost on anyone who had see the two, but Kagome loved it. It was her memento of all the things she had gone through, from falling into the boneeaters well, to defeating Naraku and finally ridding the world of the Shikon. But most of all, it was a memento of how Inuyasha came into her life.

"Can't sleep?"

Kagome looked beyond her hand and met the half-opened eyes of Inuyasha. Shighing she shook her head. "Hope I didn't wake you up. Didn't mean to."

Turning more over to his mate, flinging one arm around her, he nuzzled her cheek a bit before looking at her more clearly. The morning light made her radiant. "Nah. Been awake for a while. Damn sun's too bright." He streched like only he knew how, yet suceeding in keeping his arm around her. "How ya feelin'?"

"Rested."

"Good. Any weird dreams?"

She took a moment to think about it. Her dreams had been loads and vivid over the months, but this night she had been free of them. "No, no dreams. You?"

"Nah." He leaned over and kissed her, stealing her breath away. How she loved his kisses. No matter how chaste or intence his kisses where, they always made her body tingle - Toe-curling kisses her mother called them. No matter how many he gave her, it always left her longing for more.

Watching him get up and out of bed, she took her chance to drink in the sight of him.

Dressed in nothing but a pair of red pajama bottoms she could have a good look at his well toned back. All the muscles playing just under his skin. His silver hair reaching down to his smaller back, barely touching the rim of the pajamas, giving an arrows direction to look at his bum. And what a bum. Neither small, nor large, firm and damn good looking.

She watched as he streched his arms over his head, drinking in the sight of his arms. Yum, yum. toned mucles, both biceps and triceps on the upper arm, and the lower arms muscles, which names she could never remember. His hands where fisted as he streched, but she knew from experience that they where both firm, yet soft.

On top of his head his triangle-shaped dog ears twitched, making her smile. Oh, how soft they where to touch. And his reactions - turning into pudding whenever she gave them a rub. He was a big softie.

She heaved herself up on her elbows, before she threw of the thin sheet they used as covers. Moving her legs over the egde and onto the floor she stood up and wobbled a bit before finding her balance. She usually had a low blood pressure during the mornings, and today was no exception. Walking over to the full-length mirror she looked herself over. Her hair was getting a bit long and needed a trim, but other than that she was actually pleased with her looks. She was wearing a washed-out, over-sized red T-shirt with a pair of light blue pajama bottoms to match.

Suddenly, Inuyasha was standing behind her, bending down kissing her shoulder. She both felt, and saw his hands sneak under her arms to circle her stomache.

"You are beautiful."

"Thank you." She smiled, placing her hands upon his, moving them together to rub up and down in sooting motions around her belly.

"Not long left now." he whispered, smiling at her through the mirror.

"No, not long at all."

She looked down on their hands. Entwined, resting gently upon her big, swollen belly.

A kick under their hands signified their comment, making his ears perk up, and a smile was seen on both their faces.


------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Please Review!

So, this was the opening... was it ok?
I am planning to make more chapters to this, but I cannot promise any time limit before I post another one. Thats the life of a single mom. I have my prioreties, and my son is on the top of that list.
But I promise to do my best and post one as soon as possible.

I am happy to recieve any kind of constructive criticism. And questions are more than welcome.

Until next time.
Cheers!

Minani