InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Minoue ❯ When Dreams Become Nightmares ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thank you very much to inufan625 for acting as my beta once again. An additional thank you goes to Knittingknots for her help as well. I greatly appreciate the time they've taken to help make me a better writer and this a better story.
 
Thank you very much for the reviews. I read each and every one of them, and greatly appreciate those of you that took the time to leave one. For replies to your reviews, please check my LiveJournal at http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com/199803.html.
 
 
 
Minoue
 
Chapter 24: When Dreams BecomeNightmares (Warning: Lemon)
 
In an office at the museum, the translator wondered what fate awaited him. Then again, after getting over his initial fear, he figured what would they do? What could they do? They were just a bunch of art geeks and didn't even know what he had been doing until the director brought that freak back with him. He still could not understand how he actually claimed an animal like that as family. Seriously, the man had dog ears! And he didn't care what anyone said - as far as he was concerned the girl with him was nothing more than a whore. She'd have to be to bed a half-breed.
 
The door opened, and Sesshomaru strode in with that nasty little man that was always hovering near him at his side. Two more guards came in behind them and closed the door.
 
“Who do you work for?” Sesshomaru asked in a deadly tone of voice - one the translator had never heard before.
 
“Wha… what do you mean?” he asked.
 
“You are not intelligent enough to come up with something like this on your own. And what good would it do you to alienate the Chinese delegation? Absolutely none, other than you would have no further jobs translating. It is therefore only logical that you are working with someone who would benefit from your actions,” Sesshomaru stated.
 
The translator snorted. “Maybe I just wanted to embarrass you. It looks like you're going to be here fucking forever since you're so damn young. Maybe I thought a change was in order.”
 
Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes. “And who, do you presume, would take my place?”
 
“Someone who would treat me better!” he answered.
 
“You have had steady employment and have been paid better than the average rate for your services. However, that is now over and we plan to file charges of fraud and conspiracy against you. We will insure that you will never hold a job of this nature again. If you cooperate, we may at least settle for damages and not ask for jail time.”
 
“Fraud? Conspiracy? You can't prove a thing!” he exclaimed. “All I'm guilty of is translating badly.”
 
Sesshomaru turned to one of the guards. “Please find Curator Enari and bring him here.”
 
The man nodded and went after the curator.
 
It was then that Sesshomaru could smell the scent of fear fill the room. The man was arrogant, but now he was afraid. It increased when the guard returned.
 
“You requested my presence, Nishimori-sama?” Enari said and bowed.
 
“I wish to know why you and this man attempted to destroy the relations with the Chinese delegation. For that matter, why did you help create roadblocks in putting this exhibit together? You offered your services to help when Curator Mukai originally envisioned this exhibit to bring some of the best ancient pottery in the world together at the same time. You told us you knew a Chinese translator with excellent credentials. Between your fuck-ups and his deliberate mistranslations tonight, we're lucky that the exhibit will be able to open to the public tomorrow as planned. The Chinese nearly pulled all of their contributions to take home.” Sesshomaru stared at him with eyes his target would have sworn could see right through him.
 
Enari turned on the translator. “You stupid fool! Couldn't you keep your mouth shut? They couldn't have proven anything!” He rounded towards Sesshomaru. “You pompous ass! I should have had that job, not you! Who the hell are you, coming up from some mediocre, nothing little art gallery to take over here! I wanted to see you fall flat on your face. I wanted to see them fire your ass! I would have saved the day, and they would have hired me! It was MY job!”
 
Sesshomaru turned towards Jaken. “Do you have all of that?”
 
“Yes - it has all been recorded.” Jaken had produced a voice activated tape recorder from his pocket.
 
The translator started to laugh. “Enari, you're the fool. I didn't tell them anything, and you just told them everything. This whole thing is your own fucking fault. Not only did you just run off at the mouth, you told me that no one here understood Chinese, and it turned out the fucking dog-boy did. You know what? I don't want to go to jail for you. You're just my wife's fucking brother-in-law.” He turned to address Sesshomaru, “I'll tell you everything, everything you want to know for a deal.”
 
They were interrupted by a knock at the door. One of the guards answered his radio. “Sir, the police are here now.”
 
“Good. Let them take these two away. We'll deal with them later. Right now, I've been away from our guests long enough,” Sesshomaru answered. “Jaken will answer any questions they may have.”
 
“Yes sir.” The guards all bowed as he swept passed them. Jaken just sighed. It was so difficult dealing with humans and their emotions. Why couldn't they just keep them under control like his lord did? Then again, his lord wasn't human, for which he was very grateful.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
InuYasha scooped Kagome back up into his arms and carried her through the door and down the hall to his bedroom. After laying her on the bed, he turned to strip out of the sweats and t-shirt he had pulled on when he changed clothes. He was surprised to find the yukata that Kagome had been dressed in, along with her panties, flying by to land on the pile of clothing he'd created. He growled in approval when he turned around to find her wide-eyed and smiling at him without a stitch on. He moved to her quickly, leaning over to capture her lips while one hand cupped her breast, and the other spread flat across the middle of her back to hold her to him.
 
As he kissed her, she reached between them and grasped his rapidly hardening erection. She stroked him while he plundered her mouth with his tongue, until he surprised her by picking her up off of the bed and then impaling her with his length. Kagome wrapped her legs around his body and clasped her hands behind his neck as he thrust his pelvis upward in hard short strokes, showing how powerful he truly was. She pressed her forehead against his chest and opened her eyes to watch him disappear into her body over and over again. When she came, she threw her head back in a silent scream as her entire body trembled from the force of her orgasm. He rode her through it and then exploded to fill her. Beads of sweat that had built up on both of them started to trail down their bodies as he moved one hand up to support the back of her head so that he could capture her mouth once again.
 
He sat down on the bed with her still wrapped around him. Both of them were panting when he finally released her so that she could catch her breath. “Faking, were you?”
 
Kagome smiled. “Well, Miroku… you know… I didn't have nearly as much to drink as Sango apparently did. Do you think she's all right?”
 
“Keh. She was asleep for real, I think. She's going to have a hell of a hangover in the morning, though,” InuYasha responded. He reached up to brush the hair away from her eyes. “Are you certain you're up to this? We don't have to, you know.”
 
Kagome ran her hands over InuYasha's hardened chest. “It's the night of the full moon, and I know what that means. We'll just sleep late in the morning and blame it on the alcohol. So, my hanyou lover, you may make love to me until you wear me out. We'll just have to try and keep the noise down so we don't wake Miroku and Sango. That'll be the hard part.”
 
InuYasha grinned, his markings becoming even darker, as he turned to lay her on the bed and move over her. His mouth crashed down on hers as he slid into her again.
 
 
Miroku watched InuYasha carry Kagome towards the master bedroom before turning around to fold the chair down into what was a fairly comfortable futon. Quietly making his way to the linen closet in the hall, he pulled out sheets and a blanket before reaching up to grab a pillow. After returning to the room and making his bed, he then looked at himself and realized he'd never had a chance to change that evening. Tip-toeing back down the hall, he planned to sneak into InuYasha's room past the sleeping couple and grab his bag, which had his change of clothes in it. However, he froze outside the door when he heard the unmistakable sounds that were coming from within the room. `InuYasha, you dog, you.' Grinning, he went back the way he had come and towards the other bedroom that he often used when spending the night with the hanyou. Hopefully, there would be something suitable for him to sleep in that he'd left behind. While the hanyou didn't care whether he wore anything when he went to bed or not, somehow he didn't think Sango would appreciate waking up to him nude in her room.
 
Having found a lonely pair of bright yellow cotton pajama bottoms, he stripped out of his tux pants and shirt. He decided that a quick shower was in order before he got ready for bed.
 
 
Feeling much better and wearing only the sleeping pants, he returned to the room to find that Kirara had joined Sango on the bed. She was curled up, though she raised her head to watch him with those eerie eyes of her. Miroku walked to the side of the bed and reached down to rub her head. “Thanks, Kirara. Thanks for not letting her leave when she was upset. I hope you don't mind, but I'm sleeping in here in case she wakes up during the night. All right?”
 
Kirara gave a soft mew in response, and snuggled back up against her mistress.
 
Miroku had one last chore to complete before he finally retired. He'd brought a couple of night-lights back from the other room. He placed one in the outlet near the door and then went and put the other in the closest bathroom. Not having InuYasha's night vision, he preferred having a little help, especially since this wasn't normally the room he slept in. Satisfied that he'd done everything he could for now, he lay down on the futon and pulled the covers up over him.
 
 
Sango called out, “I'm home!” as she stepped through the door to her family home. When she received no response, she looked at her watch. `Well, I am early, so they probably aren't expecting me yet. I'll bet Father is still at work and Kohaku should be at school,' she thought to herself. She carried her bag and purse to her bedroom, and then she walked across the property to the wood shop where her father spent so much of his time.
 
She was surprised at how quiet it was when she entered the building. Usually there were the sounds of electric saws, sanding, hammering and the clattering of wood as it was moved around. The only time it was usually this silent was on Sunday when they all took the day off. She went through the office door into the shop. Here was where the pieces were brought when they were ready to be finished before delivery. She stopped when she saw red splattered across the wood. Sucking in her breath, she ran towards it and came to a halt.
 
“Yasuda!” she exclaimed and leaned over him but abruptly stopped. His eyes were wide open in surprise and his mouth looked like he was screaming though nothing came out. His chest looked like it had caved in and was covered in blood. Horrified, she rushed to the next part of the shop. This time, even the walls were covered in blood. “Gods, no! Izawa!” Sango ran to him first - he looked like he was just sitting on the floor with his eyes closed. However, she looked down to see he was sitting in a lake of blood. He had been struck in the femoral artery and bled out.
 
“Father!” Sango screamed as she ran past three more murdered men that she knew towards the room where the sanding was done. Throwing the shoji open, she stopped and just stared at the scene in front of her. “Noooooooo!” she wailed before she felt the horrendous pain slice through her back.
 
Miroku jolted awake when Sango screamed. Throwing back the blanket and jumping up, he rushed to her side. She was thrashing under the covers like she was fighting an unseen opponent. Realizing that she was having a nightmare, he gently grasped her shoulders and tried to shake her awake.
 
Sango felt the pain in her back and turned, surprising her attacker. She managed to catch him with her left forearm and left leg to wrap around his as she felled him to the floor. She couldn't see his face; why couldn't she see it? But it was a fuzzy blur that started to focus and then slipped away as she heard her name being called, “Sango! Sango!” Someone else had her by the shoulders.
 
“Sango! Sango!” Miroku said urgently as he tried to get her to wake from her nightmare. InuYasha and Kagome, both disheveled, rushed into the room. InuYasha had heard Sango's cry.
 
“She's having a nightmare,” Miroku said. “I can't get her to wake up.”
 
The words were no sooner out of his mouth as she bolted upright, panting. Her eyes slowly started to focus, and she realized that Miroku was looking worriedly at her and had her gripped tightly at the shoulder. When her eyes trailed from his face down his arm, he immediately released her and jerked his hands away.
 
“Are you all right?” Miroku asked softly. He wanted to reach up and brush her sweat drenched bangs off of her forehead, but kept his hands where they were.
 
Kagome moved around Miroku and sat on the bed next to her friend. “Sango?” she questioned softly.
 
Sango's eyes moved from Miroku's face to that of InuYasha, and then to Kagome. “I… I… I…” Unable to hold it in any longer, she burst into tears.
 
Kagome wrapped her arms around her and pulled her forehead to her shoulder. Patting her back with one hand, she used the other to shoo the men out of the room.
 
“Come on, Monk,” InuYasha whispered, laying his hand on his shoulder. “Let's leave them alone for now.”
 
Miroku nodded and slowly stood and turned to follow InuYasha out of the room. He looked back for one last glance at the two women before sliding the door closed.
 
 
“Sango, what happened?” Kagome asked the crying girl in her arms. “What has upset you so?” She didn't believe that her encounter with the man at the gallery was the cause for this breakdown.
 
“Why… why now?” the crying girl whispered. “Why did I see that now?”
 
“Shhhhh… what did you see, Sango?” Kagome gently prodded.
 
“Blood… so much blood… Father… That… that… that day…” she stammered through her tears. “Why?”
 
Sango suddenly heaved and crushed her hand over her mouth. Kagome's feet found purchase on the floor, and she hastily threw the covers back, freeing Sango's legs. Sango stumbled out of the bed and with Kagome's help, ran towards the bathroom. She barely made it to the toilet before everything in her stomach came rushing up.
 
 
“Miroku, if you…” InuYasha started.
 
“I swear, InuYasha, I didn't do anything! I woke up when she screamed. She was thrashing like she was trying to fight off an attacker. I don't understand - I didn't think the man at the gallery frightened her that badly. Maybe he did more to her than she's admitted.” Miroku sat down at the kitchen table and was anxiously rubbing his hands up and down his thighs.
 
“She was dreaming about something that scared her. Her scent was laced with fear,” InuYasha said as he joined him after putting a tea kettle on the stove.
 
“Tonight, when we found her…” Miroku's voice trailed away - he wasn't sure how to ask what he wanted to know.
 
InuYasha shook his head. “At the gallery, her scent didn't contain fear, but embarrassment. And from what I could tell, he only touched her arm and dress, so I don't think that's what she was dreaming about. I think it was something entirely different. I could be wrong, but I don't believe so.”
 
Miroku sighed. What had happened tonight? Would she even tell them? He rubbed his face with his hands. “What's wrong with me?”
 
“Keh?”
 
“I just want to hold her and comfort her and make her pain go away. I don't even want to sleep with her - well I do, but not yet. I'm so confused. I've turned down perfectly good lays because I thought of her and felt like I'd be betraying her, but we're not together like that. She hardly knows me, but I want to know everything about her, and I want her to learn everything about me.” He sighed heavily again and buried his face in his arms on the table.
 
“I'll be damned…” InuYasha whispered, but was interrupted by the whistling of the kettle. He turned off the gas for the burner and sat down at the table. “You've really fallen for her, haven't you?”
 
Miroku looked up, uncertainty in his eyes. “I've never felt this way about anyone. You… Kagome… is that how…”
 
InuYasha nodded in response. “It took me a long time to figure out what my feelings meant. I knew I had to have her around me; she soothed my soul and calmed me in a manner no one had since my mother. I don't know when I realized that I needed her and that I loved her, but I finally did. Still, I never believed that she could love me in return. I know you kept telling me… but you could never understand what I grew up with - the feelings of fear and hatred. And then there was that fiasco with Kikyou. I thought I loved her, but then she ripped my heart to shreds. I finally realized I just loved the idea of not being alone. It wasn't until Kagome that I really understood what it felt like…”
 
“You've changed, my hanyou friend,” Miroku responded. “And for the better, I might add. I certainly never thought we'd be having a discussion like this.”
 
InuYasha reddened and moved to the cabinet to pull out four mugs. He placed them along with the tea canister and sweetener on the table.
 
“Your markings,” Miroku began. “They're still quite dark. Is that from-”
 
A loud growl made him stop. “Don't go too far, Monk.”
 
“I… I… I was only going to ask if that was… from… the full moon,” Miroku hastily responded. In truth, that wasn't what he had started to ask at all. He was pretty certain the activities that had been going on in the master bedroom contributed to them. However, the hanyou had already opened up to him more tonight than nearly any other time before, and it had really started after the incident at the tournament with Kikyou. He decided he didn't want to ruin the trust that had been built between them with one smartass remark.
 
 
“Hey,” Kagome said softly as she entered the kitchen with Sango and Kirara.
 
Miroku jumped up to pull out a chair for her to sit down. InuYasha moved the mugs so that one was at each place at the table, and Kagome fetched the kettle full of hot water from the stove.
 
“Sango, are you all right?” Miroku asked gently.
 
That brought a wry grin to the face of the dark-haired girl. “Everyone seems to be asking me that tonight.”
 
“Only because we're worried about you,” Kagome added.
 
“I… I know,” Sango responded as she took a teabag and dropped it in the cup of water and then added sugar. “And I really appreciate it. I… I… I'm just not ready to talk about it yet.”
 
Miroku reached over to cover her hand with his own. “That's okay. But when you are ready, we will listen.”
 
“Thanks,” she murmured as she pulled her hand away to wrap it around her cup. Pink stained her cheeks as she sipped her tea.
 
 
To be continued…
 
 
InuYasha Fanfiction Guild News
 
The seconding round of nominations at the InuYasha Fanfiction Guild is now over. Each fic that was nominated in the first round had to be seconded in order to move on to the ballots. Voting will begin on Sunday, February 17th and last through Saturday, March 1st. Thanks so much to Knittingknots, Mage Delbene, Lady Griddlebone, roxotaku, Malitiadixie, quirkyslayer, InuHanyouNikkie, audacious_pen, MA, jrmaxwell,landofthekwt, catbaker, Ravenreux, TheMikoShivae, yukihime, madmiko, licentia poetica, cheeky monkey, Batman Swiss, and FarAwayEyes for the nominations and/or seconds (or even the attempt but someone beat you to it)!!
 
I have to admit, I was stunned at the support this quarter! I hope I didn't overlook anyone, because I do appreciate that you thought enough of my fics to nominate or second them. 
 
Minoue for Best AU/AR, Best Drama, Best Serial, Best Inu/Kag Romance, Best Mir/San Romance and Best Lemon
Angels Aren't Always Heaven Sent for Best Canon, Best Oneshot, Best Inu/Kag Romance and Best Drama
Santa Surprise for Best Mir/San Romance, Best AU/AR, andBest Lemon
The Edge of Winter for Best Canon and Best Oneshot
Like Ice for Best Vignette, Best Canon and Best Mir/San Romance
Live and Let Die for Best Completed Serial
 
 
Thanks again to everyone involved, and good luck to everyone this quarter!