InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Minoue ❯ Youkai Confidential ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thank you very much to inufan625 for acting as my beta once again. An additional thank you goes to Knittingknots for her help as well. I greatly appreciate the time they've taken to help make me a better writer and this a better story.
 
Thank you very much for the reviews. I read each and every one of them, and greatly appreciate those of you that took the time to leave one. You will find responses to them at http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com/250570.html .
 
 
 
Minoue
 
Chapter 33: Youkai Confidential
 
Sango went back inside of the apartment, and Miroku followed her. Each was both more nervous about their potential relationship but also relieved that their feelings were finally out in the open.
 
“Would you like the grand tour now?” Sango broke the silence as she waited for Kirara to come back in so that she could slide the glass door to the terrace closed.
 
Miroku smiled at her. “Of course.”
 
“It won't take long since there's only one bedroom.” She blushed at the statement.
 
If Miroku thought anything of it, he remained silent.
 
“It really is very nice,” he commented as they ended up back in the kitchen. “Not too small, not too large. And you have a lovely view.”
 
“It's also quiet since it's not too popular with the college crowd. It's mostly working couples and a few retirees,” Sango responded. “Would you like some more coffee?”
 
“If you don't mind, I think I would like at least one more cup before I drive home,” Miroku answered, “if it isn't too much trouble.”
 
Sango smiled. “It's no trouble at all.”
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
“What have you found, and what does it have to do with me?” InuYasha questioned as he looked at the array of papers before him.
 
“We think we have located the property that he moved to when he left the house on the mountain. I sent some of my men to check it out, but it looks like it was recently abandoned as well.” Sesshomaru pointed to a location on the map. “We are fairly certain that he was using this old hotel that was set for demolishment. The water and power were still on for about three weeks, or maybe four, after it was closed. It appears that he knew that it would be only a temporary hideout and was searching for another residence in the interim. In looking for properties, he required a real estate agent to help him find what he needed. He was doing a lot of research on agents rather than just the houses for sale.”
 
Sesshomaru was right - InuYasha didn't like where this was going.
 
The Daiyoukai continued, “From what we could tell, he was looking for a female agent that handled high-end properties. He could afford to pay for whatever he wanted with the amount of money he stole from the old inventor's accounts.”
 
“Why women?” Kagome asked.
 
“If you ever see him, you'll understand why. He's very handsome and has a very smooth tongue. By the time you realize he isn't what he claims, it's far too late,” Kagura answered. “He exudes confidence and power, but he is pure evil. He will do anything and use anyone to accomplish what he wants, and he does not care who gets hurt. In fact, he seems to relish in the pain of others. Even more so, he enjoys using others to do his dirty work. He rarely takes action himself. Instead, he prefers to set things into motion and then watch the chaos he created.”
 
“So what have you found?” InuYasha interjected.
 
Sesshomaru sighed. “I'm sorry, InuYasha, but one name has surfaced a number of times. There were a few others, but it looks like he kept coming back to hers. She deals with the type of real estate he was looking at and would be capable of helping him obtain nearly anything he needed. She recently closed deals on two separate properties, but both to holding companies. We're thinking one of them may really be Naraku. I know you were hoping to never hear her name again if you could help it.”
 
“You think he went to Kikyou,” InuYasha concluded.
 
“Yes, from everything we've found, that's what it looks like. You probably know her as well as anyone. Would she be the type-”
 
“Yes,” InuYasha cut him off. “If she thought someone was rich enough, she'd do anything for them - of that I'm certain.” He looked down at the table. “Unless they're a filthy hanyou like me,” he whispered.
 
“InuYasha.” Kagome squeezed his hand. She wanted to wrap her arms around him and kiss him, but was afraid to in front of his brother and Kagura. “You are not filthy. You're wonderful, and I love you just the way you are. She was greedy and selfish. What she thought of you shouldn't matter any more.”
 
The hanyou sighed. He might have known in his head and even in his heart that he was over her, but her name still brought him pain just the same. “So what does all this matter?”
 
“We've hit a wall tracing the real owner of the company that bought one of those houses. We think it is the one most likely purchased by Naraku. We are considering going to talk to her to try and confirm it. We don't want to storm the home and discover that it's just a house bought by some wealthy man to keep his mistress,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
InuYasha was shaking his head. “If this guy is as good-looking and rich as you said, Kikyou isn't going to give him up if she thinks he might be her meal ticket. She may make good money, but she'd rather be a kept woman living a life of luxury. That bitch would rather be spending money, not making it.” The hanyou grinned and looked at his brother as he suggested, “Unless you want to make a move on her. She did try for you first, after all, and as far as she knows, you're human.”
 
Kagura's youki flared as she twitched her fan. “I know how to make her talk.”
 
Sesshomaru quickly placed his hand lightly over her wrist. “Don't accidentally destroy my brother's kitchen, please. I believe he was speaking in jest.”
 
The wind witch glared at InuYasha. “Not funny.”
 
“May I make a suggestion?” a tiny voice called from the table top.
 
“Myouga Jijii? I thought you ran and hid,” the hanyou commented, “as usual.”
 
“No, I was only listening carefully to everything that was said. You know, I could go and check out the house. They would never even know I was there.” The minute youkai fell silent.
 
“You're kidding? You'd volunteer?” InuYasha asked.
 
“You think you could go in, see who or what is there, and get back out?” Sesshomaru added.
 
The little flea shrugged both sets of shoulders. “They're only human - they'll never know I was there. How much danger could there be?”
 
A look passed between Sesshomaru and InuYasha - `Famous last words.'
 
“How would you get there? And do you know where to go?” Kagome questioned.
 
“I'm sure Kirara would be willing to help. We are trying to recover the Lady Sango's younger brother, are we not?”
 
“How do you know about that?” InuYasha and Kagome said together.
 
“I met the firecat when she was prowling around your property. I must say, her blood is quite tasty. Anyway, the young lady carries on quite a conversation with her, and I happened to be there to overhear rather a lot.” Myouga turned to face Kagura. “And I understand that this Naraku character holds your younger sibling hostage as well.”
 
One thing about Myouga - he was never lacking in information.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Sango and Miroku were interrupted by the shrill ringing of the telephone. Sango furrowed her eyebrows before she looked over at the caller ID. “It's Kagome.” She looked puzzled as she picked up the phone. “Hi, Kagome, what's up?”
 
“Sesshomaru and Kagura are here-”
 
“What? Have they found something? Do they know where they are?” Sango interrupted excitedly as she sat straight up.
 
“Well, maybe. They aren't certain. They need to do reconnaissance on the location and see if it's them,” Kagome informed her.
 
“Oh…” Sango's shoulders slumped. “I don't know anything about that. I'd be glad to help, but…”
 
Kagome heard the disappointment in her voice. “That's why I called. I didn't want to get your hopes up, but they wanted to see if they could get Kirara to help.”
 
“Kirara?” Sango said as the twin-tailed cat leaped softly into her lap.
 
The miko did her best to explain the situation.
 
“A talking flea wants Kirara to take him to the house?” Sango asked in confusion.
 
Kirara looked up at Sango. “Meoorrrrrrowwworrroro.”
 
Sango giggled. “I don't understand exactly, but apparently Kirara does. She says she'll be over shortly.”
 
Kirara hopped off of her lap and when she landed on the floor, she stretched. Her tongue rolled as she yawned and she pressed her elbows to the floor with her tails twitching above her. When she was good and ready, she went to the terrace door and waited patiently for Sango to come and let her out. Sango slid the door open and the cat walked out and then jumped up onto the railing before leaping to the ground below. It was only a few short minutes before Sango saw her launch into the air from the park and disappear.
 
“Wouldn't it have been easier for her to transform and leave from here?” Miroku said quietly from behind her.
 
Sango jumped. She hadn't realized Miroku had followed her to the terrace and was startled.
 
“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you,” he said softly.
 
“It's okay… I was just lost in thought.” She turned to face him. “I was thinking about my brother and hoping that this may turn up something. I didn't mean to ignore you.”
 
Miroku smiled at her. “It's okay. Believe me, I understand. I hope they come back with good news, or at least news of their whereabouts. But why doesn't Kirara leave from here? Wouldn't she have an advantage already being three stories up?”
 
“I asked her that one time. She doesn't want to accidentally be seen and lead someone to my apartment looking for her. I'll have to admit that my heart almost stopped the first time she leapt to the ground like that from up here, but that was after I had learned what she was. Then again, if she had ever done that before I found out, I would have realized she was no ordinary cat. It scared the bejeebzers out of me, though, even when I knew.” Sango led him back inside and closed the door.
 
Miroku nodded in understanding. “Well, I thank you for the coffee and your company, but I really should be going home. I don't want to impose on you.”
 
“You're not, and I had a good time tonight. Thank you. Thank you for coming up. Do you think we'll hear anything tonight?” she asked.
 
He shook his head. “No, I've heard about Myouga, though InuYasha sounded like he didn't think he'd ever see him again. Anyway, he's something of a coward, so if anything, he's very cautious. He won't rush in. Plus, he is a very small youkai so it's not like he can cover a lot of territory at once. However, there will be an advantage to his size in that no one should even notice he's there. Unless he bites them, that is.”
 
Sango looked at him, puzzled.
 
“Well, he is a flea.” Miroku grinned.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Kagome put her cell phone away and told the others Kirara was on her way. Curious and figuring it was only fair since she and InuYasha had been caught, she asked, “So you two are mates now? Or did he mean you just have sex?”
 
InuYasha almost spit out his tea, and a broad grin crossed Kagura's face. She reached over to pat Kagome on the hand. “You, dear, will fit just fine into this family. And to answer your question, we have actually mated.”
 
It was the hanyou's turn. He looked at his brother and said, “So has she met your mother?”
 
“Sesshomaru-sama has a mother?” Kagome asked innocently.
 
The wind witch and InuYasha both burst out in laughter.
 
Even Sesshomaru's lips twitched as he tried not to grin.
 
“I'm sorry… I didn't mean… I just thought…” Kagome stumbled on her words as she flushed a brilliant shade of red again.
 
“Oh, yes, he has a mother,” InuYasha answered.
 
“But… so does that mean they didn't stay mated?” Kagome questioned. “I mean your father… your mother…”
 
“Mother was quite angry at Father when the human she thought was just a dalliance turned up pregnant,” Sesshomaru stated. “For that matter, I was furious as well. I did not understand how he could leave a full-blooded inuyoukai bitch nearly equal in rank to him for a mere human woman. It wasn't until I was older that I began to understand.”
 
Kagome looked perplexed. “Understand what?”
 
“That his mother is a real bitch,” InuYasha offered, earning a glare from his half-brother.
 
“Oh, don't look like that,” Kagura said. “Your mother is a bitch, and you know it. She's a bitch of the highest order.”
 
“So you have met her,” InuYasha concluded.
 
Kagura grinned. “Oh, yes, we've met. She showed up unexpectedly a few Sundays ago. First she attempted to humiliate Sesshomaru for having a human as a ward. She accused him of being like his father in the strangest of ways. And then she dared to say something about how I wasn't a proper inuyoukai bitch. She demanded that we come to visit her the following Sunday at her mansion. She felt there were too many distractions at Sesshy's home with Rin running around and Jaken hovering nearby.”
 
“So what did you do?” Kagome asked softly.
 
“Well, we went to see her, of course. She has a rather high and mighty castle in the clouds. For some reason she thought that I would be either impressed or scared - I couldn't tell which. Needless to say, I wasn't.” Kagura looked rather proud of herself.
 
Kagome could hardly stand it. “What happened?”
 
InuYasha looked over at Sesshomaru, trying to determine his mood. It was clear the Daiyoukai was trying not to burst out laughing.
 
Kagura continued her story, “Well, first she went after Sesshomaru again for not having taken a proper inuyoukai as a mate. He proceeded to remind her of the one she had apparently picked out for him.”
 
“Oh yeah, I remember that one,” InuYasha interjected.
 
“Well then, you know he caught her fucking one of the palace guards when she was ready to conceive. Apparently the bitch was too stupid to know that Sesshomaru would know that that child wasn't his. He had the right to terminate her on the spot, but instead he sent her to live with his mother and told Mother dear that since she was so bound and determined to have pure inuyoukai running around that she could deal with the pregnant bitch and the man she'd fucked. He didn't want anything more to do with her, and he ordered his mother to stop trying to fix him up. He said that when he was ready to find a mate, he would do it himself. He would be more likely to have one fall out of the sky than have his mother pick a suitable one for him.” Kagura stopped to catch her breath and take a sip of tea.
 
Kagome saw the humor in the situation. “Did he really say that?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded in confirmation.
 
“So when you literally fell out of the sky…” Kagome reasoned.
 
“He didn't think about it at first, but after I was released from the hospital he took me home with him so that he could keep an eye on me and protect me. What can I say? We hit it off,” Kagura said.
 
“So what happened with Sesshomaru's mother,” InuYasha asked. He had to admit, even he was appreciating this story.
 
“Well, first I told her that if she didn't show me at least a little respect, I was going to blow that fancy eight layer kimono right off of her body.” Kagura looked just a bit smug.
 
“And?” Kagome prompted.
 
“All she did was `humph' and made another derogatory remark, so I did remove the outer seven layers. I was kind enough to leave her in her undergarments, not that I think she would have cared at that point,” Kagura responded.
 
“Thank you, dear. I think that would have been a bit more than I really wanted to see,” Sesshomaru interjected.
 
InuYasha grinned. He could tell his brother had enjoyed this.
 
“She does still have a pretty good body for someone her age,” Kagura commented.
 
“Please, she is my mother, and that was more than I really wanted to think about,” Sesshomaru said.
 
Kagome couldn't help but to giggle. “So then what happened?”
 
Kagura answered, “She still was distressed that Sesshomaru hadn't claimed an inuyoukai bitch as his mate and said that I simply couldn't measure up. She even said that she would have to disinherit him if he went through with it and stayed with me.”
 
InuYasha snorted. “Like he really needs her fortune.”
 
“She is under the impression that he does. Needless to say, I was getting just a bit irate by this time, and I'm afraid that what I did next wasn't very lady-like.” Kagura fanned herself as the others waited for her to continue. “I told her she could go to fucking hell, and I would show her how much of a real bitch I could be - I would move her fucking castle right into the fucking air traffic pattern, and even better, right over a fucking military base. Let's see how much of a fucking fortune she has left when it's blown right out of the fucking sky!”
 
“You didn't!” Kagome exclaimed.
 
“Oh yes, she did,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
The wind witch looked rather pleased with herself. “She didn't believe me, so I just gave a flick of my fan and started moving the whole damn thing to where it would be in the air traffic pattern and show up on the humans' radar. It didn't take much, really.”
 
“So?” Kagome prompted again.
 
“She muttered something to Sesshomaru about `if he must, and at least she wasn't human,' and relented. I put her castle back where it was, and we left before she pissed me off again,” Kagura concluded.
 
InuYasha burst out laughing. “It's about time she met her match! Good for you, Sesshomaru. Come to think of it, she's your equal, too, isn't she?”
 
Sesshomaru sat up very straight and looked very stern. “Do not forget that I am the Daiyoukai.”
 
The hanyou was still snickering. “That wasn't what I meant, and you know it. She's just as strong and stubborn and proud as you are. You've finally met someone worthy of you. She's even as pretty as you are.”
 
Even Sesshomaru roared with laughter at that observation.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
“I really must go home. Will you let me know if you hear anything? Kagome is likely to call you before I hear from InuYasha,” Miroku said as he stood in her entry way.
 
Sango nodded. “I'll let you know. I hope Kirara isn't gone for too long. It'll be lonely without her.”
 
“Call me if you need anything at all.” Miroku was having a hard time not sweeping her back into his arms.
 
“I…” Sango looked up at him and met his intense gaze. This time, she didn't turn away.
 
He couldn't help himself and folded her into his embrace and kissed her. When they pulled apart, he didn't release her entirely but pulled her flush against his body. “Goodnight, Sango.”
 
Sango wrapped her arms around him and squeezed. “Goodnight, Miroku.”
 
To be continued…
 
 
InuYasha Fanfiction Guild News
The first round of nominations for the second Quarter of 2008 at the InuYasha Fanfiction Guild closed yesterday. Thank you very much to knittingknots and landofthekwt for the following nominations:
 
Minoue: Best Romance: Miroku/Sango, Best AU/AR, and Best Characterization for InuYasha
White Ribbon: Best Comedy
Never Too Late: Best InuYasha/Kagome Romance
 
If you are interested in joining, the IYFG is still open to membership through Wednesday, July 23rd. After that it will be closed until after the voting is over with sometime in August. If you are interested in joining, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iyfanguild. You can also find out more about the group and nominations at http://inuyashafanguild.com. Just be sure to read the rules before jumping into the fray.
 
Good luck to everyone this quarter!